NYR/ARZ

Post by NYRNYRNYR »

NYR Trades:
Hampus Lindholm [76]
Martin Marincin [79]

ARZ Trades:
Erik Johnson [81]
2021 NYR 2nd

NYR accepts. I was kicking tires with TB on defense which didn't really end up making sense for us. But as caretaker of ARZ he mentioned they were really trying to increase their OFF. I never really had Lindholm as a guy I was looking to move, he's 26 and I just signed him to a very fair long term deal. The way I'm playing though I really need a guy like Johnson on the blue line. Suter is by far my top D, and he's not a defensive liability at all, but he's geared to the offensive play. Based on age, salary/contract, I needed a pick/prospect back and getting back my own 2nd seemed quite adequate. Marincin is an AHLer at this point and evens out the salary.

Thanks TB/ARZ and to whoever ends up taking over Lindholm in the future.
Arizona - interim

Re: NYR/ARZ

Post by Arizona - interim »

Confirmed.

Johnson isn't likely part of the future with his expiring contract, and Lindholm brings some much needed offense on a good contract. Marincin was necessary to balance salary and will hang out on the farm unless someone else wants him.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: NYR/ARZ

Post by SharksGM »

I'm afraid I'm going to have to rule against this. While this is not a particularly lopsided trade at face value, Johnson is one of only two big expiring contracts for Arizona, and Perron's savings are basically going straight to Benson. So, approving this would leave Arizona in similar cap trouble this season and in an even worse position going into the summer.

I have clarified the expectations for interim GMs here. Apologies for not doing this earlier.

Return to “Rejected Trades”