Tampa Bay Draft Review 2017

Moderator: SharksGM

Jets GM

Tampa Bay Draft Review 2017

Post by Jets GM »

Pavel Yelshansky - D (4th round, 91st overall)

A double POT booster with a very high CON. If he double boosts, he could be a 2-3 defensemen. With a double boost, his shooting tops out at 80 and a DEF in the mid 80's (84Ch88Po77Hi). He won't be a puck mover or a set-up man, but paired with the right guy he could be very effective because of his CON. Average skating and endurance. If he doesn't boost, totally useless.

Jacob Paquette - D (4th round, 107th overall)

A very simple and effective 3rd pairing defensemen. 65 CON is not great, but I have warmed up to the idea that low-CON players can be effective if the ice time is limited. His 71 POT should have his DEF end up at 75Ch75Po82Hi. 50 OFF, but maybe overdevelop the stick-handling. A very safe pick.

Alexis Binner - D (5th round, 124th overall

Very big boy. Another boom or bust pick, going with a double booster. If he gets the double boost, Binner is a shut-down defensemen who has good stick handling. Maybe a 4-5, really good bottom pairing D. He would be a projected 74Ch67Po85Hi boosted, but I think I could get his positioning to get to the 70's if overdeveloped. If that happens, a very nasty player. Lower CON at 75, so lower chance of a boost.

Nathan Knoepke - D (5th round, 140th overall

Starting to scrape the bottom here. Knoepke is a CON booster and should top out with 71 shooting and 71 DEF (71Ch71Po71Hi). However, stickhandling is pretty easy to juice so if gets up to 70 as well, he becomes compelling...sort of. I would say a 7th D-men who might chip in a few goals more than the next guy. But it will take a long time for him to come a good enough skater to even consider a regular NHL shift. Likely just AHL depth.
Most recent file here.

Return to “Team News”