Montreal Top Prospects

Moderator: SharksGM

Vik (Habs)

Montreal Top Prospects

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Decided to exclude any player who had played in the big leagues at some point. Or I should phrase that as any player that I remember having played some games at some point, whether they have or not.

1) Libor Hajek
  • D taken 33rd overall in the 2016 entry draft.
  • Big minute man for the Rocket for the last two seasons.
  • Should be a master of all trades while being a punishing hitter. Has seen lesser D prospects get the call before him while I wait for his shot to develop.
2) Jason Robertson
  • R/L taken 29th overall in the 2017 entry draft.
  • First year pro got off to a rocky start but is starting to get going now that he's seen some development.
  • No real weakness to his game, could be getting his shot before the season's out.
3) Jens Looke
  • R/L taken 48th overall in the 2015 entry draft by New Jersey. Acquired for the 56th overall pick in the 2018 draft (Samuel Fagemo).
  • First year pro, leads his team with 40 goals in 55 games, has been part of the Joachim Nermark line that propelled Laval into their current 13 game winning streak.
  • Pretty much a Brendan Warren replica that plays exclusively on the wing.
4) Alexander Khovanov
  • C/L taken 63rd overall in the 2018 entry draft.
  • The third member of Laval's big line (it was their 1st line but I guess they were doing too well so they got moved down to the 3rd), leads the Rocket in points (73) and is top 10 in the AHL in assists (52) as a first year underager.
  • Former POT booster will have plenty of offense, is only really lacking in physicality.
5) Jesper Bratt
  • R/L 77th overall in the 2016 entry draft.
  • Put up 66 goals and 95 points in his first full season in the AHL last year.
  • Basically the winger version of Khovanov right down to being a POT booster from the 3rd round.
6) Markus Niemelainen
  • D taken 42nd overall in the 2016 entry draft.
  • Through a season and a half in the AHL, he's a career +71.
  • I said in my draft recap after taking him that he's basically Libor Hajek except that he can't shoot. That's still him.
7) Vladislav Syomin
  • D taken 61st overall in the 2018 entry draft.
  • First year in North America, is currently a +40 in 54 games.
  • Should be a hitter/checker with a decent shot, has made better progress than expected and he could be ready to go sooner than I thought.
8) Samuel Bolduc
  • D taken 29th overall in the 2019 entry draft.
  • First non-AHLer on the list, have higher expectations for him than some ranked above him but they're closer to being ready. Courtesy of a late birthday, will be in the AHL next season without taking up an underage spot.
  • Should develop into a better version of what I'm expecting from Syomin.
9) Dustin Wolf
  • G taken 64th overall in the 2019 entry draft.
  • His history page in EHM shows him having a goal and two assists in the World Juniors last year for Germany. Who wouldn't want an American goalie who managed that?
  • Could be Montreal's goalie of the future. Or the future could be brighter. We'll see.
10) Robbie Stucker
  • D taken 112th overall in the 2017 entry draft.
  • Just getting his feet wet on a very deep Laval blueline.
  • Former double POT booster should be very solid defensively and no slouch with the puck either.
AvalancheGM

Re: Montreal Top Prospects

Post by AvalancheGM »

His history page in EHM shows him having a goal and two assists in the World Juniors last year for Germany. Who wouldn't want an American goalie who managed that?

LOL
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began

Return to “Team News”