Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

June 3, 2018

Post by SharksGM »

Results here: http://www.ehechockey.com/schedule.php

League file here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip

CGY 3 - PHI 2 : CGY wins series 4-1

The Calgary Flames full off a tight game 5 victory thanks to Ondrej Naman's go-ahead goal and Auston Matthews' game-winner to win their second Cup and first EHEC chamiponship. After losing just two games en route to the Cup Finals, the Flyers simply couldn't match the Flames' offense.

Congrats to Julien and Auston Matthews (who did most of the work) and better luck next year to Greg and, well, everyone else.

The offseason begins now and trading is open again. Hold on to your horses - the draft and free agency are coming in due course.
Calgary.Flames

Re: June 3, 2018

Post by Calgary.Flames »

What a great morning this is. I will go to work all smiles and think about the big ass speech I'll be making when I get back home.

For now, good series Greg, your team is straight up scary and we're glad that you brought the Bullies back to some kind of fictional life.

Thanks to Dan for the 2 months of non-stop simming and to everyone else that makes EHEC what it is.

Way to go Flames!!
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Congrats to both teams
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
flyergp21

Post by flyergp21 »

Congrats Julien, your team is flat out awesome. We just got beat by a better opponent. ;)
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

Weooo congats le frère!!
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Congrats!
JetsGM

Post by JetsGM »

Awesome, congratz man, couldn't of been won by a more deserving guy!

Nice run as well Greg, if we are voting for GM of the year, you know you got my vote after the turnaround you put together in Philly.
flyergp21

Post by flyergp21 »

Oh, wow, thanks a lot my friend!! :D
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Yup, JR deserves it the most and Greg sure has built a monster in Philly...

Congrats to both of you
Most recent file here.
flyergp21

Post by flyergp21 »

Thanks!! 8-)
Dash

Post by Dash »

Congrats to the Flames on winning the cup. Although i might be new here i can clearly see who the best team was this year.

Philadelphia looked to be flying high this year also. Great Season, Washington certainly has their work cut out for them. Looking forward to a great 1st season with the reins.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Personally, I think that Ottawa GM probably did the best job this year and I imagine Chris agrees with me. That guy has got some pretty fine tricks up his sleeves and it seems impossible to actually win a deal with him.

Anywho, congrats Jules. Your time on top seems like a long time coming (and hopefully a short stay ;) ). And Greg, don't expect to avoid me so easily in next year's playoffs (not that you won't, I'd just prefer if you didn't expect it).
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:Personally, I think that Ottawa GM probably did the best job this year and I imagine Chris agrees with me. That guy has got some pretty fine tricks up his sleeves and it seems impossible to actually win a deal with him.
I think the coach did a great job keeping those lines together and building chemistry. Good job, mystery man.
IslandersGM

Post by IslandersGM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:Personally, I think that Ottawa GM probably did the best job this year and I imagine Chris agrees with me. That guy has got some pretty fine tricks up his sleeves and it seems impossible to actually win a deal with him.

Anywho, congrats Jules. Your time on top seems like a long time coming (and hopefully a short stay ;) ). And Greg, don't expect to avoid me so easily in next year's playoffs (not that you won't, I'd just prefer if you didn't expect it).
yeah that was nuts! Still ticked off even if I wouldn't have gotten to the finals, just wanted to beat the GM-less team :evil: :roll:

Oh and congrats J! long time coming! I'm sure that will put Ovi on fire to win some extra playoff games with for the Isle next year!
NYI GM
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Thank you all, it's been a long time coming. It only took me 7 years to finally achieve the ultimate goal :roll: :D

I think we have a great group of guys here, this league could very well last another decade the way it's going.

Looking forward to this offseason. Dan and I are going to discuss stuff in the next couple days/weeks and we'll keep you all informed about what's coming up.

Sorry to you all, this great Flames team will mostly stay together for another run next year!!
BLUESGM

Post by BLUESGM »

COngrats to Calgary! I know you are gunna enjoy this!

Return to “2017-18 EHEC Playoffs”