2021 Rule Changes

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: 2021 Rule Changes

Post by SharksGM »

SensGM wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:00 am
SharksGM wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:00 pm 4. I put off suspensions for a while and am still unsure where to go. I think regular season suspensions should generally be longer. Playoff suspensions ought to be per round; it seems absurd to let someone get taken out for the rest of the playoffs while allowing the offender to return to a game 6 or 7.
I'd definitely recommend a change for the next playoffs 8-)
I'm open to suggestions.
SensGM

Post by SensGM »

SharksGM wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:49 pm
SharksGM wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:00 pm 4. I put off suspensions for a while and am still unsure where to go. I think regular season suspensions should generally be longer. Playoff suspensions ought to be per round; it seems absurd to let someone get taken out for the rest of the playoffs while allowing the offender to return to a game 6 or 7.
I'm open to suggestions.
In the playoffs, the offender suspension shouldn't go beyond the current series, even though the injured player is out for more than 2 weeks.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

SharksGM wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:49 pm
I'm open to suggestions.
I feel like your own suggestion makes sense? We could treat it as a per-round thing, but perhaps also a per-month thing? As in...
<2 month injured = rest of round
2-4 months injured = rest of round + the next round
4-6 months injured = rest of round + the next two rounds
6+ months injured = rest of round + the next three rounds

(initially I wrote this as <1, 1-2, 2-3, and 3+, but I realized that a 2 month injury would normally be something like 9 games, so giving it rest of round + the next in the playoffs could be as much as 13 games, so a lot more harsh than the regular season)

Anything that goes beyond the playoffs could be treated more normally. For example, Nico Daws injures someone for 5 months during the third game of round one. We input the suspension as the max, 4+7+7=18 games. Maybe his team makes it to round two in 6 games, then gets swept. So the first two parts of 4+7+7 are fulfilled, but the last remains, leaving him with 7 games suspended to start the next season and he misses 14 of 18 total.

Or maybe the same thing happens but during game one of the cup finals. He would have received the same 4+7+7, but he's got a max of 6 games left, so he'll have 14 remaining after the cup finals are over.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Return to “League Memos”