Kyle Beach

Moderator: SharksGM

AvalancheGM

Kyle Beach

Post by AvalancheGM »

Man, it took some stone cold courage for him to go on TSN last night and reveal himself.

It's disgusting Quenneville was allowed to coach last night, and then allowed to duck questions from the media.
The Colorado Avalanche - missing the playoffs every year since EHEC began
Jets GM

Re: Kyle Beach

Post by Jets GM »

Q has got to go....very sad to see him.behind a NHL bench last night
Most recent file here.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

And people say Toews is a great captain......that guy is a piece of shit. "Captain Serious" :roll:
TBGM - Geoff

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

I haven't been following closely, but it seems we're hearing more and more about the dark side of high level sports... abuse and addiction seem to go hand in hand with it, and I hope that can change, sooner than later.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

Agreed with Toronto. His comments last night were the most pathetic, gutless comments he could have made.

For those giving him a pass because of his age at the time, today 22-year-old Nico Hischier came out and said his job as captain includes making sure his teammates are safe.

The 2010 Stanley Cup should be vacated, the abuser's name taken off and lifetime bans for Quenneville, Bowman and McDonough.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

100% he knew about it and probably most of the 2010 Blackhawks team knew as well.

Disgusting.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

My question is, what was the video guy holding over him?

I'd also like to think that hardly any of the other players knew, as one of them surely would've done/said something.

That being said, some random player should go after Toews and rip the C off his jersey if he did know.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:02 am My question is, what was the video guy holding over him?

I'd also like to think that hardly any of the other players knew, as one of them surely would've done/said something.

That being said, some random player should go after Toews and rip the C off his jersey if he did know.
Surely? No, that's apparently too much to ask of them. Some players at the very least knew. But hockey culture is all about winning and not rocking the boat.
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:02 am My question is, what was the video guy holding over him?

Video guy was a superior figure and he was a 20 year old kid - and I say kid deliberately, because pro athletes are not exactly known to benefit from the best educations and upbringings.

As for the other players, the coach was gone, so they wouldn't see anything to do on that front, but reportedly they used it to make fun of Beach, so I don't really think we should expect anything positive from them (other than the ones we've heard positive things about, like Boynton)
VancouverCanucksGM

How does anyone view a VIDEO COACH as a SUPERIOR figure? And again, what was he holding over Beach to get away with that?
DetroitGM

Post by DetroitGM »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:38 am How does anyone view a VIDEO COACH as a SUPERIOR figure? And again, what was he holding over Beach to get away with that?
You're a kid, trying to make the team, to build your career. You're an athlete, taught not to rock the boat, trouble makers don't get ice time. He's a coach and therefore a superior figure.

Furthermore, he did tell people. That's why there was a meeting involving senior Hawks' staff. They didn't do anything. Hell, Jim Gary was "the Blackhawks’ mental skills coach and councillor at the time" and literally told Beach "that it was my fault because I put myself in that situation".

So what are you going to do then? You're a kid dealing with the trauma of an assault, somehow you've managed to actually tell your literal bosses, but they've done nothing, just swept it under the carpet while telling you it's your fault.

I'm not really sure what you think he could have done differently
VancouverCanucksGM

Punch the guy in the fuckin face.

I understand a person like Theo Fleury's situation, where he was young, and being threatened by the one person who controlled his future more or less.

He probably wouldve had just as much of the same career had he hit the guy, had he not.

And for the people he did tell, they all need to be X'd off the Cup.

And again, if I'm some random player, either on Chicago or even another NHL team, I'd go after Toews and rip the "C" of his jersey.
TBGM - Geoff

Post by TBGM - Geoff »

The is exhibit A in why young players should never be made captains. Leadership comes with experience. A veteran may have spoken up where Toews didn't, probably because he was young, and just as concerned about his future.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:48 am Punch the guy in the fuckin face.

I understand a person like Theo Fleury's situation, where he was young, and being threatened by the one person who controlled his future more or less.

He probably wouldve had just as much of the same career had he hit the guy, had he not.

And for the people he did tell, they all need to be X'd off the Cup.

And again, if I'm some random player, either on Chicago or even another NHL team, I'd go after Toews and rip the "C" of his jersey.
In his eyes Aldrich had some control over his future because he lied about how much influence he had with the coaches etc. He said in the days after he felt scared because his career was threatened.

The last part about Toews, I completely agree with. Give it to DeBrincat based on his comments.
AvalancheGM

Post by AvalancheGM »

VancouverCanucksGM wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:38 am How does anyone view a VIDEO COACH as a SUPERIOR figure? And again, what was he holding over Beach to get away with that?
Because he's part of the brass of the team, and he lied about how much influence he had with the coaches to advance Beach's career.

Victim-blaming isn't a good look.
VancouverCanucksGM

TBGM - Geoff wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:32 pm The is exhibit A in why young players should never be made captains. Leadership comes with experience. A veteran may have spoken up where Toews didn't, probably because he was young, and just as concerned about his future.
Hearing rumors of what the younger 'Hawks were doing back then, their lack of attention to the welfare of their teammates wasn't at the top of their list, and if the captain wasn't keeping them in check, why bother with anything else.

First and foremost, I don't believe the "C" holds the same meaning and prestige it use to. For most, it's just another letter on their jersey or a negotiating point come contract time. And yes, I agree, way too many are given the "C" at a young age without earning it, or showing the maturity to handle it.

I still would've punched the guy in the face and gone and played in Sweden.
VancouverCanucksGM

AvalancheGM wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:44 pm
Because he's part of the brass of the team, and he lied about how much influence he had with the coaches to advance Beach's career.

Victim-blaming isn't a good look.
Neither is reading into someones words.

I'm not blaming him, I'm trying to understand how someone can be fooled like that at that age, especially after everything that happened with Fleury and what James did to other players.

Return to “The Sports Bar”