Chicago Blackhawks Draft Review

Moderator: SharksGM

Bernyhawks

Chicago Blackhawks Draft Review

Post by Bernyhawks »

Nolan Patrick, C/RW, 1st round.

Patrick is scheduled to start the season in the AHL to develop his END and fine tune his overall game. Trading Duchene and a 1st pick for him was a very bold move, but at a 2.5M for the next 3 years, it helps the team re-sign Zajac and Beach while having a bit of space to pull the trigger in the future. Still undecided where Patrick will be on the depth chart. He can be a bonus 3rd line center or he can rotate with Ryan Stoa on the 2nd line, and he can even step up on the 1st line if either Zajac, Krejci or Vanek get hurt. Chicago was lacking an all around player with the departure of Rick Nash.

Mackenzie Entwistle, C/RW, 1st round.

Entwistle is another center, a position that is very key in my books. If he boosts, he will be a player you don't want to face and will patrol my 3rd line for years to come. He will be over 90+ in hitting and over 90+ in FA with a decent all around game. This could allow me to move Patrick to the RW and have the kids grow together. Although, Entwistle has a long way to go in the AHL before he gets pro minutes, even if he boosts. He will play on the 1st line in Rockford and hopefully be ready for the team by March to have a few games in before season ends. Look for him to be a serious penalty killer.

Return to “Team News”