*****: Ivan Miroschnichenko, Quentin Musty
****: Nathan Gaucher, Isaiah George
***: Daimon Gardner, Kirill Kirsanov
**: Barret Hall, Niko Huuhtanen, Larry Keenan
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: San Jose Sharks Sushi Service

Post by SharksGM »

The old one got to 50 posts and who's going to read that?

I have some old farts I want to get rid of for a fair and balanced return. Here are some ideas:

LW/C Patrick Sharp - yes, he's out for 3 months. But wait! He'll be back on May 10, just in time for round three of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Furthermore, if you trade for him to replace a healthy scratch, you can even save some cap space thanks to LTIR. Even better, I'd also be willing to take a bad contract off your hands for the right return (max 2 year deal).
C/LW Patrik Berglund - It's a St Patrick's day special! He's earning a mere 1.08M and has 99 faceoffs and 83 pos, so he must be good for something.
LW/C Dylan Wruck - 82 OF, 560k salary! What's not to like? Well I know, but I'm not telling! Yours for a mere third round pick or equivalent prospect!
D Derek Joslin - His fans call him "barely adequate", "vaguely serviceable" and "definitely currently on the roster"! Plus, he only earns 560k! If you don't pick him up as insurance for the playoffs, you'll regret it!
D Matt Greene - 99 HI, 81 CON, 80 LE, and just 2M on his expiring contract. He's actually a useful player that I might want to keep, so it'll take at least a 2nd or equivalent value.
G Rick DiPietro - 800k salary for a starting goalie with the third best save % in the league? That's wild! Talk about a hot commodity that only a fool would pass up on!

Anyone else is available for the right price, even actually good players like Anisimov and Radulov.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Pointless pre-deadline bump.

Don't be the guy who makes it to the conference finals and loses a forward to injury and thinks to himself "boy, now would be a great time to have Patrick Sharp available".
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Anyone want a LW/C? I've got tons of those. How about one of Radulov or Anisimov for a more physical presence? Nicolas Kerdiles for I dunno, something?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Who's up for some Brock Nelson? Send me your eager offers. I'll take someone older back if they're better.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

SharksGM wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:29 am Anyone want a LW/C? I've got tons of those.
Up against the cap and need a cheap young LW/C with upside? Consider Keller, Koskenkorva, Somppi, etc. Prices fair and negotiable. I can take some salary back if it's just for one year.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Stuck against the cap? I could move Petrovic and Raffl (480k and 400k salaries) for a pick and excess contracts/a smallish bad contract back.
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

Your images are broke.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

DevilsGM wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:08 am Your images are broke.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Anyone got a spare power forward with some offensive ability?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Expiring vets! Come get your expiring vets!

Offensive forwards galore!

Heatley - 85 OF, 84 CON, 82 LE, 1.75M
Nelson - 81 OF, 77 CON, 3.12M
Keller - 82 OF, 71 CON, 800k!

Two-way forwards/grinders too!

Anisimov - 79/76/76 OF/DF/CON, 3.751M
Frolov - 79/75/76 OF/DF/CON, 1.4M
Clowe - 72/77/69 OF/DF/CON, 1.3M

Defensemen of some description!

Komisarek - 82 DF, 77 CON, 82 LE, 1M
Petrovic - 64/74/71 OF/DF/CON, just 480k! What a bargain!

Priced to move! Call now and we'll include complimentary compliments and complementary complements!
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'm not looking to make a huge splash at the deadline, but I can take on some salary from an expiring contract if it makes sense, or sell off one of my own pending UFAs if you're willing to overpay. Nelson/Keller/Wruck could go for a pick too if you need scoring depth.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Clowe for a 3rd, Heatley for a 2nd if you feel like it.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Bump. Open for business.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I got a nice offer for Ladd. If you have a compelling alternative proposal, now would be the time to make it.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Brandon Halverson for a similar con booster? Skater or goalie is fine.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I have some decent youngsters who aren't getting much playing time, including Clayton Keller and Blake Siebenaler. Looking for value in return more so than anything specific, but an upgrade on 4C (with a cheap and expiring contract) would be most useful.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'm anywhere from willing to eager any of my pending free agents, including Radulov and possibly Yamamoto. I'd prefer to keep Tryamkin and especially Myers. Nobody is untouchable... for the right price.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Nothing in particular has changed other than Koskenkorva and Barker departing, but I'm giving this a pre-draft bump anyway.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'll consider trading the next pick (#62) for a 2021 2nd or down a few spots for an extra 3rd this year or next.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

This is an advertisement for the rights of Alex Radulov, Clayton Keller and Blake Siebenaler, amongst others. Picks/prospects desired but suitable value will be considered.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Mattias Lindstrom, one of the last surviving 480k salary forwards, is available for a 4th or unsigned prospect.
Tyler Pitlick might even be available too - also 480k, and kind of looks like a mediocre 4th liner if you squint and tilt your head.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of filling up your farm team? Consider these exciting options for warm bodies:

Clayton Keller - Qualified at $1.15M and technically a pro-level player! Yours for a late 2nd/early 3rd/equivalent value unsigned prospect, no questions asked*!

Everyone else on this list available for anything from a 5th round pick to unspecified future considerations:

Mattias Lindstrom - The last 480k forward on the block! Absolute garbage who should never play even at the AHL level, but willing to not do so for 120k less than league minimum and also technically still a CON booster!
Lukas Vejdemo - Unreliable 5th line forward!
John Marino - Quality AHL healthy scratch! I'm not sure why I even signed him in the first place, let alone for two years!
Chaz Reddekopp - Charles Redhead is an AHL superstar! He even has a tiny bit of room to grow despite sub-70 POT! His name is too far away from Chad to have been a typo!

*some questions may be asked
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'm vaguely contemplating upgrading one of my defensemen while adding a forward (possibly Yamamoto, or one of my spare vets) and/or futures. I can't add too much salary. Let me know if you have ideas.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

In addition to an upgrade on defense, I'm considering upgrades on forward - for example, Beck for someone better than Beck. I can add a little salary but would prefer an expiring contract.

I would also be interested in moving Chet Pickard for a goaltender who is not Chet Pickard.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

On a similar note, Artem Anisimov is having a whale of a season! I would certainly consider trading him for a different disappointing waste of space of similar (hypothetical) abilities and salary.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Anisimov is on his way out. I could use upgrades on D and G. Let me know if you have something to offer. Vets and expiring contracts are great.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Everyone's available, though Kakko, Carter and Tkachuk would take a hell of an offer.

Highlights: Andrew Ladd's gotta go - I want a cheaper replacement even if it's a downgrade in power. Backstrom can move too. McCoshen could go for a defensive upgrade.
UFAs: Beck, Koivu, Kesler, Myers, Tryamkin for mid-round picks/prospects.
Goalies: Fuck em all. Will move any of them just for a change of scenery.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Ladd's gone. The rest of this post still stands:
SharksGM wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:19 pm Everyone's available, though Kakko, Carter and Tkachuk would take a hell of an offer.

Highlights: Tarasenko is moveable for equivalent value, as is Backstrom. McCoshen could go for a defensive upgrade.
UFAs: Beck, Koivu, Kesler, Myers, Tryamkin for mid-round picks/prospects.
Goalies: Fuck em all. Will move any of them just for a change of scenery.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I will consider trading down from my first (#23, the second-next pick) for an extra pick and/or a 1st next year.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Nate Schnarr, Taylor Gauthier, Jack Finley, Christian Krygier, and COL 3rd (#61) are amongst the assets I'd consider moving for a mid second i.e. one of the next ~10 picks if you've got one and are thinking of dealing it.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'd like to move a farm winger for a center of equivalent value.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Added Nicklas Backstrom to the block. Not looking for a great deal besides to shed salary. A passable league-minimum 13th forward and/or a late pick sounds fine.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Alex Elder clearly doesn't want to be here, so I'm looking to exchange him for a similar value defenseman, or best offer.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Added Carter, Tarasenko & Getzlaf. Might be willing to retain some salary for a worthwhile return.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Putting out feelers on reigning Art Ross Trophy winner Jeff Carter again. 98 SH, 99 PL, 80 CON.

He is injured for the remainder of the regular season but will be back for game 1 of the playoffs. Accordingly, he will have zero net cap hit for whichever team acquires him & maxes out his LTIR. As you can imagine, I will be asking a lot for him, so a late 1st is not going to cut it. Be prepared.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Having just acquired Mattias Samuelsson, I'm still looking for an upgrade somewhere. I have one surplus defenseman to package, at least.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

As you might expect, pretty much everyone is available, though some are more available than others.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'm willing to move down from my pick currently on the board (#21), or for 2023 picks, and/or including Der-Arguchintsev (84-85 OF ceiling R/C) and Merkley (~83 OF ceiling D) for the right return.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Last call for UFA rights to Mikkel Bodker and Alex Edler. A 4th will do.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'm considering moving Ryan Merkley to a good home. He has room to grow to ~84 OF if you can afford to feed him minutes to develop.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Considering moving 22yo Kirill Marchenko (78 OF, 80 DF, 76 CON power forward @ 1.5M). Open to reasonable value.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Still considering moving both Marchenko and Merkley, and SJ 2nd 2023 is on the table along with Samoskevich and boosters. Broadly looking for upgrades wherever possible. I'd be interested in a 3rd pair D better than Yann Sauve at the right price.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'm probably not going to re-sign any of my UFAs or Cernak, so if you have interest in the rights to 87OF/85DF/74CON/40YO Staal, 90OF/72DF/72CON Krejci, 77OF/83DF/84CON Seabrook, 99SH Stoa, or 81OF/74DF/74CON Kitsyn, let me know.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

If you have a compelling offer for the 15th pick, send it to me before I get up and make it in ~8 hours.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I wouldn't mind swapping a depth forward like Pulkkinen for an equivalent value & salary depth defenseman.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I have tons of cap room and would like to add 1D and add/upgrade 1F. Not too many picks to give but the ones I have are available and I have plenty of prospects in various stages of ripeness.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Still considering upgrading one forward, as I'm happy with my depth and have some cap room to spare. Let me know if you have any interesting ideas I haven't considered yet.

Return to “The Chopping Block”