Moderator: SharksGM

Dallas Stars GM

OFF-SEASON Rumors NORTHEAST DIVISION

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

JUNE EDITION
Off-season trade rumors team-by-team preview

Northeast division:

MONTREAL CANADIENS:
It remains to be seen what kind of approach will Vik (the Montreal Canadiens GM) take
with Henrik Zetterberg. Per reports, he's not going to be extended. Or at least,
not for a price Henrik is asking for right now. Montreal has a lot quantity and quality,
but they look to turn some of that quantity to quality. Zetterberg doesn't have to be part of that.
Also, Martin Necas is rumored to take his spot as soon as possible. Also some other young centermen are
knocking on the door as well. Warren, Filipe.

OTTAWA SENATORS
After having a really good season, Senators GM left and the team had to find a new
GM as soon as possible. The new GM is a rookie so nobody know's what's going to happen
with the team.

BOSTON BRUINS
Bruins GM has let the NHL know that he considered blowing the whole team up at times, but per reports,
he is just looking to re-tool a bit and become heavier. Defense as a whole requires an upgrade. It's hard to say
how the GM is going to accomplish that.

BUFFALO SABRES
Tonda is an interesting GM, to say the least. He makes a lot of trades, changes on the fly. There are
plenty of teams interested in Nolan Patrick and the Sabres GM might be stunned with all the pressure
surrounding it. It seems like if the management will take a few good decisions, they can be a very dangerous team.
But they can also end up on the wrong end, pretty easily, if things don't work out as planned. This off-season will
be huge for the Buffalo Sabres...

TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
This season was a disapointment for the Leafs. The team had big trouble scoring goals and the Maple Leafs
GM is pressured to improve things as soon as possible. There are also no notable prospects or youngsters
In the system on offense who could make the jump, so they are going to need help from the outside. Barkov-Laine and Hall can't do it all.
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
Vik (Habs)

Re: OFF-SEASON Rumors NORTHEAST DIVISION

Post by Vik (Habs) »

*thumbs up*
Dallas Stars GM

Next divisions coming up next (as soon as I will find a little bit of free time... Thursday hopefully)
Dallas Stars GM

EASTERN CONFERENCE
Pacific Division

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
After a tremendously-succesful season for Philly - which may seem surprising to many - the Philly GM has been building the team patiently, brick-by-brick making it more skilled and harder to play against. Flyers have a great team and they were a serious challenge for the cup winning Flames and it was a really, really tight-series. Philly GM openly said that he wants to bring more skill, especially on the offense in the off-season - but still being a tough team. Kabanov has been just traded for Howden and it's young team and some kids are expected to take the next step so actually Flyers don't have to do all that much. Just stay the course.

NEW YORK ISLANDERS
After seasons of failure and dissapointment, the Isles finally had a really good season. It's not likely that the Isles GM would be inclined to do some major changes, but defensive pairing will need some work. Maybe through UFA or trades. Possibly UFA though.

NEW YORK RANGERS
New York Rangers season has been percieved - in general - as a dissapointment. Some guys from the core aren't getting any younger and it's taking its toll. Defense may have been too soft at times, too, so that also didn't help to improve their record over the course of the season. They may look to retool a bit, and promote from within the system.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
After many good or even great seasons, the Pens had fall down big time in the last season. While it's hard to tell what exactly went wrong but Hodgson' injury didn't help and too many players underachieved. And I guess, everybody now knows that Robin Lehner is not a starting goalie. They will need to find one to improve in the next season. More changes are going to be needed. Lack of depth and scoring is evident in here.

NEW JERSEY DEVILS
Devils have been percieved as an average or above-average team for years and their last season was almost a disaster. Or maybe it really was. Devils GM is active on trade market and is trying to improve in areas where reinforcments are needed. Devils should have a lot of cap-space to work with, so everything is possible. It'll depend on UFA signings and next trades done by the Devils management.
DevilsGM

Post by DevilsGM »

There was like a 1 month run where my player weren't even able to play hockey, I couldn't make sense of it. After that I tanked. That said I think I've definetly made a long term improvement to my top 4 which is pretty key in my opinion.

Devils Defense:
PP: Ryan Murray - Ryan Pulock
H&G Ryan Pilon - Mikhail Sergachev

vs.

Devils Defense Before:
PP: Kevin Shattenkirk - Ryan Pulock
H&G: Ryan Murray - Olli Maatta

Capspace though is not one of New Jersey's assets. It'd be nice to move out a larger contract but it feels like that'll have to wait until the deadline.

Return to “Team News”