Page 4 of 4

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:15 am
by Parker
I did it with Mike Forney on the ???/Staal/Doan line for about a month, so add me to the list.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:45 am
by Jungle Cats
I have also downloaded music without paying for it. Lemme get this fixed up.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:42 am
by Virtual Jarmo
Parker wrote:I did it with Mike Forney on the ???/Staal/Doan line for about a month, so add me to the list.
I did it with Forney the first couple of games as well. Probably have done it with Armia a few times, too. Just don't realize whose alternate position is C.

I don't really see how putting a C/RW at LW is gaining a competitive advantage, but, whatever. I'm sure somebody will want to whine and complain about it.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:37 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
As we get closer to trade deadline, I just want to confirm this is my cap number:

HEMSKY, ALES [lw] $6,750,000
BOYLE, DAN [d] $6,666,667
SAVARD, MARC [c] $5,900,000
KOSTITSYN, ANDREI [rw] $5,500,000
BACKES, DAVID [c] $4,575,000
BOOTH, DAVID [lw] $1,402,500
MALONE, RYAN [rw] $2,250,000
BREWER, ERIC [d] $4,000,000
TYUTIN, FEDOR [d] $3,150,000
PRICE, CAREY [g] $3,050,000
SBISA, LUCA [d] $2,218,750
BERGLUND, PATRIK [c] $1,006,250
TANGRADI, ERIC [lw] $1,868,750
COLAIACOVO, CARLO [d] $1,700,000
ELLIS, DAN [g] $330,000
CHIPCHURA, KYLE [c] $1,150,000
BJUGSTAD, NICK [rw] $450,000
NEMETH, PATRIK [d] $351,750
GAGNER, SAM [c] $1,000,000
LAPIERRE, MAX [rw] $950,000
KREPS, KAMIL [lw] $214,500
BURROWS, ALEX [rw] $660,000
BIEGA, DANNY [D] $400,000
COHEN, COLBY [d] $280,500
NOKELAINEN, PETTERI [rw] $400,000
MOEN, TRAVIS [rw] $363,000
GOC, MARCEL [lw] $700,000

$57,287,667

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:27 pm
by Parker
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I don't really see how putting a C/RW at LW is gaining a competitive advantage, but, whatever. I'm sure somebody will want to whine and complain about it.
I can see one advantage: a C/LW and a C/RW can play all three forward positions, while a LW/RW can play only two. Right now a LW/RW has the advantage of being able to play either wing; if you allow a C/LW or C/RW to play either wing, LW/RW's lose that advantage and become less desirable than a guy who can play center and either wing. If we were going to allow forwards to play on their off-wing, it would seem only fair to allow non-centers to play at center, otherwise you devalue them in comparison by increasing the value of C/W's.

Honestly, I'd be okay with allowing any forward to play any forward position... it's not like the game makes a distinction between LD and RD, so why bother with forward distinctions? It would definitely create a lot more flexibility in line strategy, but then it also might piss off people who draft based on forward position eligbility. For me, that's only a tertiary consideration after "best player available" and "guy with a really cool name." :D

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:36 pm
by CapsGM
Parker wrote:Honestly, I'd be okay with allowing any forward to play any forward position... it's not like the game makes a distinction between LD and RD, so why bother with forward distinctions? It would definitely create a lot more flexibility in line strategy, but then it also might piss off people who draft based on forward position eligbility. For me, that's only a tertiary consideration after "best player available" and "guy with a really cool name." :D
I'll say I've done many trades based on position eligibility. In fact it was a huge factor for the Hamilton trade.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:40 pm
by Parker
CapsGM wrote:I'll say I've done many trades based on position eligibility. In fact it was a huge factor for the Hamilton trade.
Yeah sorry, I should've been more specific in what I meant: I DRAFT based on quality, but I have made trades to address positional needs. Mostly on D, where I haven't really drafted anyone decent other than Mark Alt.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:51 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
CapsGM wrote:
Parker wrote:Honestly, I'd be okay with allowing any forward to play any forward position... it's not like the game makes a distinction between LD and RD, so why bother with forward distinctions? It would definitely create a lot more flexibility in line strategy, but then it also might piss off people who draft based on forward position eligbility. For me, that's only a tertiary consideration after "best player available" and "guy with a really cool name." :D
I'll say I've done many trades based on position eligibility. In fact it was a huge factor for the Hamilton trade.
Me as well. Big reason I got Booth is he could play either wing, and same with why I got Backes. He could play C and Kuznetsov couldn't.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:07 pm
by CapsGM
Montreal Canadiens wrote:
CapsGM wrote:
Parker wrote:Honestly, I'd be okay with allowing any forward to play any forward position... it's not like the game makes a distinction between LD and RD, so why bother with forward distinctions? It would definitely create a lot more flexibility in line strategy, but then it also might piss off people who draft based on forward position eligbility. For me, that's only a tertiary consideration after "best player available" and "guy with a really cool name." :D
I'll say I've done many trades based on position eligibility. In fact it was a huge factor for the Hamilton trade.
Me as well. Big reason I got Booth is he could play either wing, and same with why I got Backes. He could play C and Kuznetsov couldn't.
Yup. If forwards were allowed to play any position, I can say that I would have Filip Forsberg instead of Zach Parise.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 pm
by GM Office Q
CapsGM wrote:
Montreal Canadiens wrote:
CapsGM wrote:
Parker wrote:Honestly, I'd be okay with allowing any forward to play any forward position... it's not like the game makes a distinction between LD and RD, so why bother with forward distinctions? It would definitely create a lot more flexibility in line strategy, but then it also might piss off people who draft based on forward position eligbility. For me, that's only a tertiary consideration after "best player available" and "guy with a really cool name." :D
I'll say I've done many trades based on position eligibility. In fact it was a huge factor for the Hamilton trade.
Me as well. Big reason I got Booth is he could play either wing, and same with why I got Backes. He could play C and Kuznetsov couldn't.
Yup. If forwards were allowed to play any position, I can say that I would have Filip Forsberg instead of Zach Parise.
True story.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:28 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
^I wouldn't have traded for Alex Burrows either, but I needed somebody that could play on the right side. I would have just plugged in Legwand if that were the case.

I think you posted it in a different thread but I don't mind monitoring it Quinn.

Tim pointed out that there is only 5 teams.

NEW JERSEY:

4TH LINE EV. Tim Brent can't play RW.

OTTAWA:

2ND LINE EV. Mika Zibanejed can't play LW.

FLORIDA:

2ND LINE EV. Brock Nelson can't play RW. (Just flip Kariya with Nelson).
3RD LINE EV. Loui Eriksson can't play LW.

NEW YORK R:

3RD LINE EV. Vyacheslav Osnovin can't play RW.

MINNESOTA:

2ND LINE EV. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins can't play RW. (Just flip him with Kabanov)

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:11 am
by CapsGM
Montreal Canadiens wrote:As we get closer to trade deadline, I just want to confirm this is my cap number:

HEMSKY, ALES [lw] $6,750,000
BOYLE, DAN [d] $6,666,667
SAVARD, MARC [c] $5,900,000
KOSTITSYN, ANDREI [rw] $5,500,000
BACKES, DAVID [c] $4,575,000
BOOTH, DAVID [lw] $1,402,500
MALONE, RYAN [rw] $2,250,000
BREWER, ERIC [d] $4,000,000
TYUTIN, FEDOR [d] $3,150,000
PRICE, CAREY [g] $3,050,000
SBISA, LUCA [d] $2,218,750
BERGLUND, PATRIK [c] $1,006,250
TANGRADI, ERIC [lw] $1,868,750
COLAIACOVO, CARLO [d] $1,700,000
ELLIS, DAN [g] $330,000
CHIPCHURA, KYLE [c] $1,150,000
BJUGSTAD, NICK [rw] $450,000
NEMETH, PATRIK [d] $351,750
GAGNER, SAM [c] $1,000,000
LAPIERRE, MAX [rw] $950,000
KREPS, KAMIL [lw] $214,500
BURROWS, ALEX [rw] $660,000
BIEGA, DANNY [D] $400,000
COHEN, COLBY [d] $280,500
NOKELAINEN, PETTERI [rw] $400,000
MOEN, TRAVIS [rw] $363,000
GOC, MARCEL [lw] $700,000

$57,287,667
Yup. Since you're counting LTIR, you can take on a maximum of $60.8M. Either way, you have +$3,512,333 cap space.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:32 am
by Montreal Canadiens
^Booth would be on LTIR as well.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:58 am
by CapsGM
Montreal Canadiens wrote:^Booth would be on LTIR as well.
My bad. Didn't look at the file.

Either way, you're well under now thanks to the Legwand waive.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 pm
by MinnesotaGM
Montreal Canadiens wrote:^I wouldn't have traded for Alex Burrows either, but I needed somebody that could play on the right side. I would have just plugged in Legwand if that were the case.

I think you posted it in a different thread but I don't mind monitoring it Quinn.

Tim pointed out that there is only 5 teams.

NEW JERSEY:

4TH LINE EV. Tim Brent can't play RW.

OTTAWA:

2ND LINE EV. Mika Zibanejed can't play LW.

FLORIDA:

2ND LINE EV. Brock Nelson can't play RW. (Just flip Kariya with Nelson).
3RD LINE EV. Loui Eriksson can't play LW.

NEW YORK R:

3RD LINE EV. Vyacheslav Osnovin can't play RW.

MINNESOTA:

2ND LINE EV. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins can't play RW.
(Just flip him with Kabanov)
FIXED

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:44 pm
by Jets GM
When is the trade deadline this year? I still have a bunch of draft picks to trade.... :lol:

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:32 pm
by Calgary.Flames
Since it's normally on a Tuesday, it would make sense to have the deadline on March 5th.

We need a confirmation on this soon though.
Boss?

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:34 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Calgary.Flames wrote:Since it's normally on a Tuesday, it would make sense to have the deadline on March 5th.

We need a confirmation on this soon though.
Boss?
Trade deadline is 40 days from the end of the regular season.

My math sucks. It's actually March 4.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:18 pm
by Parker
Hey, I noticed that the Application page says there are no teams available. If we're trying to attract GM's it couldn't hurt to fix that. Also, of an even more nitpicky nature, you don't want to be apart of EHEC, you want to be a part of it. :D

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:33 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Parker wrote:Hey, I noticed that the Application page says there are no teams available. If we're trying to attract GM's it couldn't hurt to fix that. Also, of an even more nitpicky nature, you don't want to be apart of EHEC, you want to be a part of it. :D
Blame Quinn.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:12 pm
by Jets GM
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Calgary.Flames wrote:Since it's normally on a Tuesday, it would make sense to have the deadline on March 5th.

We need a confirmation on this soon though.
Boss?
Trade deadline is 40 days from the end of the regular season. Since the regular season ends April 13, the trade deadline would be February 28.

Sorry it's a little short notice, but that's the date we'll use.
Any chance we see the top 10-20 draftee's or have an idea of the strength of 2013 class will be?

Just so can decide for ourselves what the worth of 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc round picks will be. If not, no problem.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:14 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Tampa Bay GM wrote:Any chance we see the top 10-20 draftee's or have an idea of the strength of 2013 class will be?

Just so can decide for ourselves what the worth of 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc round picks will be. If not, no problem.
See 2012.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:14 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
March 4th trade deadline.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:06 am
by Montreal Canadiens
^ :)

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:04 am
by Virtual Jarmo
Just a reminder to everybody...


THE TRADE DEADLINE IS TONIGHT AT 11:00 p.m. EST.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:29 pm
by Penguin
Weeoooooo!

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:44 pm
by Calgary.Flames
Make it exciting people!!

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:06 am
by Calgary.Flames
Image

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:09 am
by Jungle Cats
Image

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:27 pm
by NashvilleGM
Can anyone give me my current salary cap details ? Thanks :geek:

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:55 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
NashvilleGM wrote:Can anyone give me my current salary cap details ? Thanks :geek:
I probably won't get around to updating the pro-rated salary thread until tomorrow. I'll do it then.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:30 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
I believe this is correct for me:

HEMSKY, ALES [lw] $6,750,000
BOYLE, DAN [d] $6,666,667
SAVARD, MARC [c] $5,900,000
KOSTITSYN, ANDREI [rw] $5,500,000
BACKES, DAVID [c] $4,575,000
BOOTH, DAVID [lw] $1,402,500
MALONE, RYAN [rw] $2,250,000
BREWER, ERIC [d] $4,000,000
TYUTIN, FEDOR [d] $3,150,000
PRICE, CAREY [g] $3,050,000
SBISA, LUCA [d] $2,218,750
BERGLUND, PATRIK [c] $845,250
TANGRADI, ERIC [lw] $1,252,062
COLAIACOVO, CARLO [d] $1,700,000
ELLIS, DAN [g] $330,000
CHIPCHURA, KYLE [c] $1,150,000
BJUGSTAD, NICK [rw] $450,000
NEMETH, PATRIK [d] $351,750
GAGNER, SAM [c] $1,000,000
LAPIERRE, MAX [rw] $950,000
KREPS, KAMIL [lw] $214,500
BURROWS, ALEX [rw] $660,000
BIEGA, DANNY [D] $400,000
COHEN, COLBY [d] $280,500
NOKELAINEN, PETTERI [rw] $400,000
MOEN, TRAVIS [rw] $363,000
ARNOTT, JASON [c] $880,000
VORACEK, JAKUB [lw] $997,920
PAVELSKI, JOE [lw] $600,000
KOIVU, SAKU [c] $480,000

$58,767,899

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:15 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
These are total salaries.

ANA: 53,677,663 (Voros 750k LTIR)
WPG: 59,080,025 (24 players on roster)
BOS: 58,963,333 (Bittner, Stajan LTIR)
BUF: 59,737,857 (Huselius 3.275M LTIR)
CGY: 59,783,937 (assumed Stralman call-up for Phaneuf suspension)
CAR: 57,872,500 (Blanchard, Primeau 1.55M LTIR)
CHI: 59,899,792
COL: 59,381,750 (O'Reilly 1.9M LTIR)
CBJ: 57,523,437
DAL: 59,546,809 (Horton, Bitz, MPS, Wannstrom, Caputi 10,116,666 LTIR)
]DET: 60,122,336 (Andersson 400k LTIR)
EDM: 52,400,000
FLA: 60,410,501 (Souray 4.4M LTIR)
LA: 61,505,104 (Beach, Brown, Palushaj 6.875M LTIR)
MIN: 59,325,184 (Yakupov, Grossman 3.8M LTIR)

NYI: 59,571,249



OTT: 57,312,500
PHI: 57,757,679 (Briere, Carcillo 8.2M LTIR)



STL: 59,728,920


VAN: 60,365,000 (Jensen 1.75M LTIR)

Others coming soon....
MTL:
NYR:
NSH:
NJ:
PHX:
PIT:
SJ:
STL:
TB:
TOR:
WSH:

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:09 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Sorry for the hold-up on the salaries. Tommy and I are discussing how to deal with players traded twice during pro-ration. Jake Voracek is the prime example. If I cover 67% as my part of the pro-ration, that seems reasonable. However, to make MTL cover 84% of Voracek's remaining 33% seems ridiculous since Voracek played 3 games for MTL and will play around 20 for Anaheim. We're working on a solution that makes sense.

Pro-ration is definitely going to be altered for next season, hopefully to something is easier to keep track of.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:48 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Shootout wins (remember, first tiebreaker is ROW - regulation/overtime wins)
(through 3/7/13)

ANA: i
WPG: iii
BOS: iiiii
BUF:
CGY: ii
CAR: ii
CHI: ii
COL: i
CBJ: iiii
DAL:
DET: ii
EDM: ii
FLA: ii
LA: iiiiiiii
MIN: i
MTL: iii
NYI: i
NYR: iii
NSH: ii
NJ: i
OTT: iii
PHI: i
PHX: i
PIT: iiii
SJ: iii
STL: iiii
TB:
TOR: i
VAN: ii
WSH: iiiiiii

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:03 pm
by SharksGM
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Sorry for the hold-up on the salaries. Tommy and I are discussing how to deal with players traded twice during pro-ration. Jake Voracek is the prime example. If I cover 67% as my part of the pro-ration, that seems reasonable. However, to make MTL cover 84% of Voracek's remaining 33% seems ridiculous since Voracek played 3 games for MTL and will play around 20 for Anaheim. We're working on a solution that makes sense.

Pro-ration is definitely going to be altered for next season, hopefully to something is easier to keep track of.
Isn't the easiest way to have MTL cover 84-67 = 17% of Voracek's salary?

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:05 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
SharksGM wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Sorry for the hold-up on the salaries. Tommy and I are discussing how to deal with players traded twice during pro-ration. Jake Voracek is the prime example. If I cover 67% as my part of the pro-ration, that seems reasonable. However, to make MTL cover 84% of Voracek's remaining 33% seems ridiculous since Voracek played 3 games for MTL and will play around 20 for Anaheim. We're working on a solution that makes sense.

Pro-ration is definitely going to be altered for next season, hopefully to something is easier to keep track of.
Isn't the easiest way to have MTL cover 84-67 = 17% of Voracek's salary?
That's the best option we have discussed so far.

I didn't have time to look at everything today. Hoping to have time tomorrow.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:15 pm
by Jungle Cats
Am I looking at that right, that I really cut it close when I acquired Martin within a few days of Souray getting KO'd?

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:19 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Jungle Cats wrote:Am I looking at that right, that I really cut it close when I acquired Martin within a few days of Souray getting KO'd?
Yeah. Your previous cap figure didn't include Hudler, but it should have. So, his pro-rated amount is counted towards your cap.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:03 am
by NashvilleGM
:?:

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:50 am
by Virtual Jarmo
NashvilleGM wrote::?:
Sorry, man. Going to try and get to this today.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:16 am
by Virtual Jarmo
The entire pro-rated system appears to be fucked up. I don't really have the time or the desire to look through it. I calculated the top half of the league again and they were all under the cap, but it starts really getting messy in the bottom half. If somebody wants to take the time to do it, they can. Otherwise, if you think you're over the cap, do something about it. If you're not close, don't worry about it.

Seb, since you wanted a count, you're at 56,736,500.

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:59 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
ANA: $54724958
BOS: $57268333
BUF: $56387857
CAR: $57172500
CBJ: $52760938
CGY: $58733937
CHI: $50206917
COL: $59481750
DAL: $50080143
DET: $57240336
EDM: $52175000
FLA: $60420501 (Souray LTIR)
LA: $56630104
MIN: $58782184
MON: $50004605
NAS: $55986500
NJ: $58094584
NYI: $55886249
NYR: $57083684
OTT: $57312500
PHI: $46336250
PHX: $56816500
PIT: $52929083
SJ: $59756505
STL: $58728920
TB: $55568056
TOR: $47880040
VAN: $58615000
WPG: $58230025
WSH: $59325248

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:25 am
by Virtual Jarmo
Shootout wins (remember, first tiebreaker is ROW - regulation/overtime wins)
(through 4/11/13)

ANA: ii
WPG: iii
BOS: iiiii
BUF: i
CGY: ii
CAR: ii
CHI: ii
COL: i
CBJ: iiiii
DAL: i
DET: iii
EDM: iii
FLA: iiii
LA: iiiiiiiii
MIN: i
MTL: iiii
NYI: i
NYR: iiii
NSH: iiii
NJ: i
OTT: iiii
PHI: i
PHX: ii
PIT: iiiiii
SJ: iiiii
STL: iiiiii
TB: i
TOR: i
VAN: iii
WSH: iiiiiii

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:29 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
I decided to upload the fastsim file. Feel free to check it out if you want to.

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC_Fastsim.zip

Re: Housekeeping

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:45 am
by Virtual Jarmo
Guys, make sure to get your staff contracts in. Everything will be the default contract, so just post names in your Team Personnel thread.