Page 2 of 4

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:09 am
by Virtual Jarmo
Montreal Canadiens wrote:Marleau has 4 points why would you bench him?
Because points aren't the only way to evaluate performance?

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:15 pm
by Dallas Stars GM
Hey, everybody... Slovakia vs. Czech Republic match is starting soon.

I hope we'll (Slovakia) get the win!

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:23 pm
by Jets GM
Duchene as the odd man out....huh?

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:04 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Slovakia putting one hell of a scare into the Czechs after the game looking like it was pretty much over.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:56 pm
by Dallas Stars GM
It was all just too late... We didn't played well in the first period..that's why we lost.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:12 pm
by Penguin
Tampa Bay GM wrote:Duchene as the odd man out....huh?
:cry:

Also seperating Sharp and Toews... Redonk. Been playing together for the past 2 years.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:54 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Montreal Canadiens wrote:Marleau has 4 points why would you bench him?
Because points aren't the only way to evaluate performance?
They are a pretty darn good indication wouldn't you say.

Marleau has been the 3rd best Canadian forward behind Carter & Toews (who he ironically is playing with). That line has been killing it all tournament.

Kunitz back playing with Crosby, jesus the guy has 0 points and is being treated like a star. Ridiculous Babcock.

It looks like Sharp, Nash, or St. Louis may be the odd-man out, not Duchene. He was skating with Getzlaf and Perry at practice today. Those 3 wingers skated with Tavares on the 4th line.

Carey Price starting again. What a fuckin travesty this thing ran by Yzerman & company has become.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:33 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Montreal Canadiens wrote:They are a pretty darn good indication wouldn't you say.
In some cases, sure. When you consider that three of his four points were assists in one game that they won 6-0 against a team that got whitewashed by Slovenia today, I don't think they're an indication of much of anything.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:13 am
by Montreal Canadiens
But Sidney Crosby scored 1 goal last Olympics and most people painted him as the hero of 2010.

Marleau has played well though, has created a lot of chances with Toews & carter. They are the only line clicking at the moment.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:33 am
by Singin the BLUES
Emelin trying to get a high sticking call when it was all his fault for tripping the player ...hahaha.....wanna see the Russians get eliminated badly......hahaha 3-1 now.....bye bye Russia

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:52 am
by Virtual Jarmo
Finland doing it without both Koivus, Barkov, and Filppula. I've always had an affinity for how the Finns play. Usually wind up rooting for them unless they're playing the US.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:47 am
by Virtual Jarmo
Tremendous effort from the Finns. In shooting lanes all game long, won most of the board battles, pissed off the Russian forwards. Rask was good. Impressive showing.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:01 pm
by Jets GM
St. Louis is in and Matt Duchene is out against 11th-seeded Latvia, which upset Switzerland to reach the quarter-finals.
WTF?

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:13 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Tremendous effort from the Finns. In shooting lanes all game long, won most of the board battles, pissed off the Russian forwards. Rask was good. Impressive showing.
I figured theyd win after i saw that defensive showdown vs CAN.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:26 pm
by Jets GM
All Nash on that one....continuing to wonder why hes on and off the 4th line, while Kunitz gets a regular shift with SC.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:18 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
Kunitz is so horrible, seriously, bench the fuckin guy babcock and be done with it.

60 shots, 2-1 win, man that game was funny. If you're Latvia, you ain't tryin if you ain't cheatin!

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:36 pm
by Singin the BLUES
That Gudlevski was just friggin insane.......hope he does that good for Tampa.....if so...some teams may be in trouble in their division

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:10 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Montreal Canadiens wrote:If you're Latvia, you ain't tryin if you ain't cheatin!
If he tucked it under the goaltender right away, it's a judgement call to me. If it was covered under his glove at the time of the whistle, it's a definite penalty shot. I didn't see it in real time or on replay with audio, so I can't say for sure. It definitely looked like a penalty shot on the .gif I saw.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:13 am
by Montreal Canadiens
oh ya 100 % penalty shot, I don't know how the reffed missed it standing right there.

I was actually laughing so hard. What a play by that guy, seriously, he's sitting there, and just as he's falling down the puck is about 2 CM from going over the line and he grabs it and just non chalantly puts it back under the goalie, and didn't get caught. That was awesome. Loved it. I was silently hoping Latvia pushed it to OT. Incredible effort by them.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:35 am
by Singin the BLUES
With Tavares out that screws the NYI big time......shit happens ......kinda almost glad Giroux didn't go to Team Canada now

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:00 am
by VancouverCanucksGM
Montreal Canadiens wrote:oh ya 100 % penalty shot, I don't know how the reffed missed it standing right there.

I was actually laughing so hard. What a play by that guy, seriously, he's sitting there, and just as he's falling down the puck is about 2 CM from going over the line and he grabs it and just non chalantly puts it back under the goalie, and didn't get caught. That was awesome. Loved it. I was silently hoping Latvia pushed it to OT. Incredible effort by them.
ZERO percent penalty shot.

NEVER covered the puck with his glove, he simply swept it away.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:15 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
VancouverCanucksGM wrote:
Montreal Canadiens wrote:oh ya 100 % penalty shot, I don't know how the reffed missed it standing right there.

I was actually laughing so hard. What a play by that guy, seriously, he's sitting there, and just as he's falling down the puck is about 2 CM from going over the line and he grabs it and just non chalantly puts it back under the goalie, and didn't get caught. That was awesome. Loved it. I was silently hoping Latvia pushed it to OT. Incredible effort by them.
ZERO percent penalty shot.

NEVER covered the puck with his glove, he simply swept it away.
Wow. You're a bigger idiot than I thought.

Explain to me how you can sweep a puck away without putting your hand over it in the crease.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:21 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
Montreal Canadiens wrote:
VancouverCanucksGM wrote:
Montreal Canadiens wrote:oh ya 100 % penalty shot, I don't know how the reffed missed it standing right there.

I was actually laughing so hard. What a play by that guy, seriously, he's sitting there, and just as he's falling down the puck is about 2 CM from going over the line and he grabs it and just non chalantly puts it back under the goalie, and didn't get caught. That was awesome. Loved it. I was silently hoping Latvia pushed it to OT. Incredible effort by them.
ZERO percent penalty shot.

NEVER covered the puck with his glove, he simply swept it away.
Wow. You're a bigger idiot than I thought.

Explain to me how you can sweep a puck away without putting your hand over it in the crease.

You're an example of what happens when a fetus doesn't get enough oxygen.

Here's a test to see who's the idiot.

Put a puck on a table, swipe at it with your hand. 2 things will happen.

1. The puck MOVES.
2. You NEVER close your hand.

If you didn't get that result, you're doing it wrong and should repeat until expected outcome is obtained.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:48 pm
by SharksGM
It's probably a penalty shot in the NHL:
67.4 Penalty Shot - If a defending player, except a goalkeeper, while play is in progress, falls on the puck, holds the puck, picks up the puck, or gathers the puck into his body or hands from the ice in the goal crease area, the play shall be stopped immediately and a penalty shot shall be awarded to the non-offending team. See also Rule 63 – Delaying the Game.
... depending on your interpretation of 'gathers the puck into his hands'. I don't think the IIHF rules are as explicit about this, though, and I think this may have been part of the change this season to disallow things like winning faceoffs with hand passes.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:49 pm
by Singin the BLUES
Montreal Canadiens wrote:
VancouverCanucksGM wrote:
Montreal Canadiens wrote:oh ya 100 % penalty shot, I don't know how the reffed missed it standing right there.

I was actually laughing so hard. What a play by that guy, seriously, he's sitting there, and just as he's falling down the puck is about 2 CM from going over the line and he grabs it and just non chalantly puts it back under the goalie, and didn't get caught. That was awesome. Loved it. I was silently hoping Latvia pushed it to OT. Incredible effort by them.
ZERO percent penalty shot.

NEVER covered the puck with his glove, he simply swept it away.
Wow. You're a bigger idiot than I thought.

Explain to me how you can sweep a puck away without putting your hand over it in the crease.
Montreal Canadiens wrote:
VancouverCanucksGM wrote:
Montreal Canadiens wrote:oh ya 100 % penalty shot, I don't know how the reffed missed it standing right there.

I was actually laughing so hard. What a play by that guy, seriously, he's sitting there, and just as he's falling down the puck is about 2 CM from going over the line and he grabs it and just non chalantly puts it back under the goalie, and didn't get caught. That was awesome. Loved it. I was silently hoping Latvia pushed it to OT. Incredible effort by them.
ZERO percent penalty shot.

NEVER covered the puck with his glove, he simply swept it away.
Wow. You're a bigger idiot than I thought.

Explain to me how you can sweep a puck away without putting your hand over it in the crease.

Actually....IMO u would be the idiot.......I know the play was questionable but you can actually sweep the puck without covering your hand on it.....I can see clearly that you haven't played the sport OR got close enough to a puck yet......

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:38 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
SharksGM wrote:It's probably a penalty shot in the NHL:
67.4 Penalty Shot - If a defending player, except a goalkeeper, while play is in progress, falls on the puck, holds the puck, picks up the puck, or gathers the puck into his body or hands from the ice in the goal crease area, the play shall be stopped immediately and a penalty shot shall be awarded to the non-offending team. See also Rule 63 – Delaying the Game.
... depending on your interpretation of 'gathers the puck into his hands'. I don't think the IIHF rules are as explicit about this, though, and I think this may have been part of the change this season to disallow things like winning faceoffs with hand passes.
I remember that rule from 2010 after winning a defensive zone draw by sweeping it back with your hand. Think I remember a couple of penalties being called from it too.

As a ref doing games by USA Hockey rules, which is that the player covers the puck in the crease = penalty shot, I think I'd have just blown the whistle for a puck frozen by the goaltender. He swept it under the goalie's arm. It wasn't like he covered it in traffic.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:28 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
Hand over the puck in the crease is a penalty shot in the NHL and IIHF.

He put his hand over the puck, and swept it under this goalie. You don't have to close your hand on the puck for it to be called a penalty shot. Alex Edler tried this and got caught, they didnt' score on the penalty shot, so it benefited the Canucks in the end.

Closing your hand on the puck is completely different than sweeping at a puck VAN, you monkey.

Good thing your opinion means jack shit in this world, I don't know what drugs you're on STL, but you can not sweep a puck without putting your hand over top of it. Sure you could knock it away, but what he did, which was put his hand over it, and sweep it under his goalie, his hand goes over the puck, and so would yours.

In other news, Tavares is out for the rest of the NHL season. Brutal.

How about those Canadian women.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:32 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
Montreal Canadiens wrote:Hand over the puck in the crease is a penalty shot in the NHL and IIHF.

He put his hand over the puck, and swept it under this goalie. You don't have to close your hand on the puck for it to be called a penalty shot. Alex Edler tried this and got caught, they didnt' score on the penalty shot, so it benefited the Canucks in the end.

Closing your hand on the puck is completely different than sweeping at a puck VAN, you monkey.

I don't know what drugs you're on STL, but you can not sweep a puck without putting your hand over top of it. Sure you could knock it away, but what he did, which was put his hand over it, and sweep it under his goalie, his hand goes over the puck, and so would yours.

In other news, Tavares is out for the rest of the NHL season. Brutal.

How about those Canadian women.

I'm assuming you failed my simple test? No worries, my neighbor's 3 year old did it, so I know it works.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:35 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
YOUR HAND HAS TO GO OVER THE PUCK TO MOVE IT YOU COMPLETE GOOF.

If you steal something, does your hand go over that object?

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:50 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Unrelated, the officiating in this US/Canada Women's Game is awful.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:57 pm
by Jets GM
BOOM

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:57 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Unrelated, the officiating in this US/Canada Women's Game is awful.
No kidding. Terrible on both sides, but that last penalty call... :roll:

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:58 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
I don't know how that was a slashing penalty.....and don't know how that wasn't a penalty shot. FOURPEAT! WOOO.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:59 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
Montreal Canadiens wrote:YOUR HAND HAS TO GO OVER THE PUCK TO MOVE IT YOU COMPLETE GOOF.

If you steal something, does your hand go over that object?

Try the test, and you'll prove my point. I can move a puck with just the side of my finger, don't even need the entire hand.

You're afraid of the test, i understand.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:17 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Shouldn't have gotten to OT at all, but man, that slashing call was atrocious. And yes, it should have been a penalty shot, although Knight tripped over her own legs and just happened to pull Wickenheiser down with her. If she doesn't stumble, who knows if she catches up on the other side and prevents a shot.

Sucks for the girls. Fluky goal to give Canada hope. Empty netter hits the post. Game's tied. Demoralizing.

If they have women's hockey in 2018, they just need to cut the bullshit and go best-of-five with the US and Canada. The other games are just formalities. Let everyone else play for bronze.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:20 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
wow you are just completely out there. I am seriously just shocked at your level of intelligence. Sure you could move anything with the "side" of your finger, the first thing you said was he "swept" the puck away, you didn't say he slid it away with his finger. The Latvian player, placed his hand over the puck, and swept it underneath his goalie. You also said it wasn't a penalty shot because your hand doesn't "close" on the puck, which your hand has to just go over the puck, not close, you fucking moron. Moving a puck or object with the side of your finger has absolutely nothing to do with this circumstance.

Swiping, I say, would be the same thing as stealing, and if you steal something, your hand goes over the puck, or the object you steal. If you have any friends or co-workers (which is doubtful), go steal or "swipe" one of their pens, see if your hand goes over top of the pen, or see if you can steal/swipe it with the "side" of your finger. Try that for me.

Not even sure why I'm wasting breath on you, but anyway, I guess everybody that saw the play, and replays are dead wrong, and he didn't swipe the puck under his goalie, he simply used the side of his finger to move it under the Latvian goalie, you're right. Good day.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:22 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Shouldn't have gotten to OT at all, but man, that slashing call was atrocious. And yes, it should have been a penalty shot, although Knight tripped over her own legs and just happened to pull Wickenheiser down with her. If she doesn't stumble, who knows if she catches up on the other side and prevents a shot.

Sucks for the girls. Fluky goal to give Canada hope. Empty netter hits the post. Game's tied. Demoralizing.

If they have women's hockey in 2018, they just need to cut the bullshit and go best-of-five with the US and Canada. The other games are just formalities. Let everyone else play for bronze.
Crazy game, US had 2 or 3 quality chances to end it in the first minute.

Haha best of 5 Canada/US would be funny announcement. Yeah, what a fluke way to win. I saw on twitter it says the right goal post should hold the Canada flag in the closing ceremonies. Good one.

Definitely tripped over her own feet/ the US players feet. Never saw a cross check at all.

Not sure what the US goalie was doing so far out of her net either. Everything else matters tomorrow morning though!

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:27 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
Montreal Canadiens wrote:wow you are just completely out there. I am seriously just shocked at your level of intelligence. Sure you could move anything with the "side" of your finger, the first thing you said was he "swept" the puck away, you didn't say he slid it away with his finger. The Latvian player, placed his hand over the puck, and swept it underneath his goalie. You also said it wasn't a penalty shot because your hand doesn't "close" on the puck, which your hand has to just go over the puck, not close, you fucking moron. Moving a puck or object with the side of your finger has absolutely nothing to do with this circumstance.

Swiping, I say, would be the same thing as stealing, and if you steal something, your hand goes over the puck, or the object you steal. If you have any friends or co-workers (which is doubtful), go steal or "swipe" one of their pens, see if your hand goes over top of the pen, or see if you can steal/swipe it with the "side" of your finger. Try that for me.

Not even sure why I'm wasting breath on you, but anyway, I guess everybody that saw the play, and replays are dead wrong, and he didn't swipe the puck under his goalie, he simply used the side of his finger to move it under the Latvian goalie, you're right. Good day.
This should help.

swipe  
Use Swipe in a sentence
swipe [swahyp] Show IPA
noun
1.
a strong, sweeping blow, as with a cricket bat or golf club.
2.
Informal. a swing of the arm in order to strike somebody; punch.
3.
a sideswipe.
4.
Informal. a critical or cutting remark.
5.
a leverlike device for raising or lowering a weight, especially a bucket in a well; sweep.
Relevant Questions
How To Create A Swipe Product
What Is The Meaning Of A Card Swipe?
How To Do A Swiping Kick
What Is Swipe?
Who Designed Swipelys Website?
What Is A Swipe?
verb (used with object), swiped, swip·ing.
8.
to strike with a sweeping blow.

9.
Informal. to steal: He'll swipe anything that isn't nailed down.
10.
to slide (a magnetic card) quickly through an electronic device that reads data.
11.
Digital Technology . to move a finger or fingers, or a stylus, across an area on (a touchscreen) in order to execute a command: Put your finger on the arrow and swipe the screen to the right to unlock your phone.
verb (used without object), swiped, swip·ing.
12.
to make a sweeping stroke.
13.
to slide a magnetic card through an electronic device.
14.
Digital Technology . to move the fingers across a touchscreen: Swipe to the right to close the article.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:29 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
You're an embarrassment to Canada.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:32 pm
by TorontoGM
Best team won, no excuses. The US only has themselves to blame.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:36 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
TorontoGM wrote:Best team won, no excuses. The US only has themselves to blame.
So, you're saying that the US team has themselves to blame for losing....but the best team won? That's a contradiction. Your post implies that the US lost the game, not that Canada won the game. Obviously I mean that in a figurative sense.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:37 pm
by Singin the BLUES
Montreal Canadiens wrote:Hand over the puck in the crease is a penalty shot in the NHL and IIHF.

He put his hand over the puck, and swept it under this goalie. You don't have to close your hand on the puck for it to be called a penalty shot. Alex Edler tried this and got caught, they didnt' score on the penalty shot, so it benefited the Canucks in the end.

Closing your hand on the puck is completely different than sweeping at a puck VAN, you monkey.

Good thing your opinion means jack shit in this world, I don't know what drugs you're on STL, but you can not sweep a puck without putting your hand over top of it. Sure you could knock it away, but what he did, which was put his hand over it, and sweep it under his goalie, his hand goes over the puck, and so would yours.

In other news, Tavares is out for the rest of the NHL season. Brutal.

How about those Canadian women.
I may be on drugs, but they aren't as good as the ones you are on.....you can sweep a puck with your hand kinda like a bitch smack, and i am sure you have seen a whole shitload of those in your lifetime....

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:13 pm
by CapsGM
Montreal Canadiens wrote:Haha best of 5 Canada/US would be funny announcement. Yeah, what a fluke way to win. I saw on twitter it says the right goal post should hold the Canada flag in the closing ceremonies. Good one.
USA never should have had that chance if the ref doesn't interfere with the Canadian defenseman anyways.

Image

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:38 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
CapsGM wrote:
Montreal Canadiens wrote:Haha best of 5 Canada/US would be funny announcement. Yeah, what a fluke way to win. I saw on twitter it says the right goal post should hold the Canada flag in the closing ceremonies. Good one.
USA never should have had that chance if the ref doesn't interfere with the Canadian defenseman anyways.

Image
Sure. And the US should have never had their OT PP taken away if the ref doesn't make a cowardly call so she's not the scapegoat if the game winner is scored on the powerplay (which happened anyway). Which one is more egregious?

I noticed in the first US/Canada women's game that the officials were constantly in the way. Those women weren't used to the pace that the game was played at and it showed. They didn't seem to be much better today.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:42 pm
by TorontoGM
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
TorontoGM wrote:Best team won, no excuses. The US only has themselves to blame.
So, you're saying that the US team has themselves to blame for losing....but the best team won? That's a contradiction. Your post implies that the US lost the game, not that Canada won the game. Obviously I mean that in a figurative sense.
Only I'm trying to say is that they can't blame the ref for the loss.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:57 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote: Sure. And the US should have never had their OT PP taken away if the ref doesn't make a cowardly call so she's not the scapegoat if the game winner is scored on the powerplay (which happened anyway). Which one is more egregious?

I noticed in the first US/Canada women's game that the officials were constantly in the way. Those women weren't used to the pace that the game was played at and it showed. They didn't seem to be much better today.

For what it's worth, they've said that the ref warned them earlier in the game about going to the net hard and making contact with Canada's goalie.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:18 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
TorontoGM wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
TorontoGM wrote:Best team won, no excuses. The US only has themselves to blame.
So, you're saying that the US team has themselves to blame for losing....but the best team won? That's a contradiction. Your post implies that the US lost the game, not that Canada won the game. Obviously I mean that in a figurative sense.
Only I'm trying to say is that they can't blame the ref for the loss.
Well, that I agree with. Never should have gotten to the point of OT. Finish the game. Credit Canada for fighting. Bad bounce gave them life and they took advantage of it.
VancouverCanucksGM wrote:For what it's worth, they've said that the ref warned them earlier in the game about going to the net hard and making contact with Canada's goalie.
The whistle hadn't even blown. Speaking as a ref, I want the players to decide the game, not me. I stepped out of the room, so I didn't see if Canada's penalty prior to that was legit or not, but I'm not calling anything unless I absolutely have to. That, in my opinion, did not need to be called. The trip on Knight absolutely did.

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:08 am
by Montreal Canadiens
Was sort of legit penalty, the US hockey gal was on her knees on the side of the net, and the Canadian just kinda took her out but the first contact was to the head. It wasn't viscious by any means, but was warranted I thought. I mean I've seen it let go in the past, but the Canadian did cross check her in the head to a small degree.

That was an absolute bombastic penalty call. If that "slashing" penalty was called on Canada, holy shit, could you imagine the media outrage. She hit her in the pad for fuck sakes!! lol. Not like slashed her head or arm.

The real US vs CAN in 8 hours 40 minutes! WOOOHOOO!

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:35 am
by Penguin
Clear slash on the pads after the whistle, obvious call ref Burke.

BIG FKN GAME TMRW BOYS CANADA LETS GOOOO

Re: Olympics Thread

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:35 am
by Virtual Jarmo
Penguin wrote:Clear slash on the pads after the whistle, obvious call ref Burke.

BIG FKN GAME TMRW BOYS CANADA LETS GOOOO
Embarrassing. Open your eyes, use your common sense, and turn off the pro-Canada bias. Same shit that happens all the time on pucks at the net before the whistle.

I would never call that. Nor would I penalize the goalie for slashing back.

It's hockey. It's not fucking soccer.