Page 1 of 1

2020-2021 Trade Deadline?

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:03 pm
by NYRNYRNYR
Hey all wondering if I missed this or if it just hasn't been formally announced? Please feel free to show me the link and be gentle when calling me stupid :) :)

Re: 2020-2021 Trade Deadline?

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:37 pm
by SharksGM
NYRNYRNYR wrote: ↑Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:03 pm Hey all wondering if I missed this or if it just hasn't been formally announced? Please feel free to show me the link and be gentle when calling me stupid :) :)
Last year we had it Sunday March 1st at 11:59:59.999 PM EST. Seeing as February 28 is a Sunday, that seem like the logical date to put it.

Re: 2020-2021 Trade Deadline?

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:08 pm
by NYRNYRNYR
Thanks, that makes sense to me.

Re: 2020-2021 Trade Deadline?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:37 pm
by TorontoGM
Am I the only one who thinks orphaned teams should not be trading first round draft picks? Seems like that would be a selling point for potential new GMs

Re: 2020-2021 Trade Deadline?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:44 pm
by NYRNYRNYR
TorontoGM wrote: ↑Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:37 pm Am I the only one who thinks orphaned teams should not be trading first round draft picks? Seems like that would be a selling point for potential new GMs
Committee is reviewing same. As far as I'm concerned if it involves legit-legit return of young talent, I could see it. That's not a comment on a current trade, I just don't think there should be a 100% hard bar on it. But as the rules state:
"2. Interim GMs, being caretakers for future (hopefully long-term) GMs, are encouraged to make moves that are cap-saving (or neutral at worst), and that do not add additional cap commitments in future years. Trades will also receive a higher level of scrutiny of their cap implications under rule C.3."