Page 1 of 1

May 21, 2011

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:37 pm
by TorontoGM
So I'm sure many of us are aware of this so called Rapture that was predicted for today by some nut job.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_end_times_prediction


But apparently, we have been saved. https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?f ... =1&theater

Re: May 21, 2011

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:43 pm
by GM Office Q
REALITY 1 - FAKE CRAP 0
Shots: 1-0 RLT
PP: RLT - 1/1; FC - 0/0

06:00 1-0 RLT Science [1] (Facts, Common Sense) PP
------------------------------------------------------------
no scoring
------------------------------------------------------------
no scoring
------------------------------------------------------------

Three stars:
1st: Common Sense
2nd: Science
3rd: Facts

Farm Result: 2011 1 - 2012 0

Re: May 21, 2011

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:48 pm
by Penguin
:lol:

Re: May 21, 2011

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:27 pm
by SharksGM
I'm pretty sure that Common Sense and Science/Facts play on different teams.

Re: May 21, 2011

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:58 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
SharksGM wrote:I'm pretty sure that Common Sense and Science/Facts play on different teams.
Image

Re: May 21, 2011

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:27 pm
by TorontoGM
I love the fanatics that were swept up in the madness. Apparently one guy took out his life savings(about 400K) to make ads to warn people.

Re: May 21, 2011

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:31 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
All I know is I was expecting to be in a big house with a fancy car as of 6pm yesterday. Didn't happen.

Re: May 21, 2011

Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:58 pm
by Jungle Cats
Heard on NPR - A woman and her husband and their two year old child started listening to Family Radio about a year ago and she abandoned her education (supposedly pre-med) to move to Orlando and distribute tracts. They budgeted to run out of money yesterday, and they have another child on the way. Amazing what an old man with a radio station can make people do. (Granted, people who are too stupid to live, but still)

It is a compelling concept though.
"I, having lived (with 'forgiveable lapses') according to an ideology, will be rewarded and proved righteous when the god hand burns the liars (unforgiveable lapses!) and smites the land, providing me with the ultimate validation that there is a guiding force to the universe and all the perceived chaos and indifference in nature was an elaborate ruse to test me!"

Still, I'd have a plan B.