Page 1 of 1

Draft Lottery

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:07 pm
by Penguin
Do it do it!

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:14 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
It was done. We follow the NHL result. The #2 team won the lottery, so Vancouver has the first pick.

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
Woo.

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 pm
by MinnesotaGM
ah that sucks, damn wild for making the playoffs

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:32 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
MinnesotaGM wrote:ah that sucks, damn wild for making the playoffs
The Wild making the playoffs doesn't matter. What matters is the order. If the #2 team in the NHL wins the draft lottery, the #2 team wins here. If the #4 team wins the lottery, the #4 team wins here.

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:26 pm
by IslandersGM
It's fair and easy to understand. Plus less work which I don't mind having you guys not have to do.

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:18 am
by Commish Bub(NYR)
IslandersGM wrote:It's fair and easy to understand. Plus less work which I don't mind having you guys not have to do.
GM of the month.

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:36 am
by SharksGM
Bub(NYR) wrote:
IslandersGM wrote:It's fair and easy to understand. Plus less work which I don't mind having you guys not have to do.
GM of the month.
More like GM who can't decide between Ekblad and Reinhart!

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:47 am
by Commish Bub(NYR)
SharksGM wrote:
Bub(NYR) wrote:
IslandersGM wrote:It's fair and easy to understand. Plus less work which I don't mind having you guys not have to do.
GM of the month.
More like GM who can't decide between Ekblad and Reinhart!
Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:32 pm
by IslandersGM
I just want to know the general order of the non-playoff team picks.

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:02 pm
by SharksGM
They go by overall standings order. The standings were edited to get playoff matchups right, so the ones currently on the website aren't correct for playoff teams... the non-playoff teams are fine, though.

I loaded up the last file I had before the playoffs started, which looks correct. The draft order should be:

1. VAN
2. NYI
3. NSH
4. NYR
5. PHI
6. FLA
7. DAL
8. COL
9. BUF
10. DET
11. MIN
12. OTT
13. TOR
14. EDM
15. CHI
16. CBJ
17. LAK
18. BOS
19. NJD
20. CAR <-- no shootout wins, so should be behind NJ
21. WSH
22. WPG
23. CGY
24. MTL
25. PHX
26. SJ
27. ANA
28. TB
29. STL *
30. PIT * yeah yeah I know...

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:10 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
I don't think MTL would pick before PHX with an 11-point difference.

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:16 pm
by SharksGM
Montreal Canadiens wrote:I don't think MTL would pick before PHX with an 11-point difference.
I don't think you read my post. You both finished with 112 points, but PHX had more ROW. PHX's point totals were edited downward when the playoffs started to get the right playoff matchup.

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm
by Montreal Canadiens
Oh I did not realize that...I originally thought they did a lot better than 100 points.

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:04 am
by Commish Bub(NYR)
SharksGM wrote:I don't think you read my post. You both finished with 112 points, but PHX had more ROW. PHX's point totals were edited downward when the playoffs started to get the right playoff matchup.
This. I'll have to root around for the proper standings page once the playoffs are done, to re-upload it to the site.

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:30 am
by Penguin
Can anyone post the draft order for all rounds with trades included? I would do it but i dont understand how it works.

Thanks!

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:17 am
by Dallas Stars GM
Yes, please anyone do it ! I would be really thankful since I have lots of picks :) (15 picks this year, to be more precise :D)

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:43 am
by SharksGM
Adam already posted it...

Re: Draft Lottery

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:46 am
by Commish Bub(NYR)
See my post in GM News as well.