Page 1 of 1

The State of Things

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:45 am
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Hey guys,

Just a little check-in as we get set to start another new season of EHEC hockey.

It's been a rough couple of weeks here, with several prominent GMs debarking for alternate realities, but I wanted to let everyone know that the league is still operating, still planning on moving ahead, and I for one am looking forward to the new season. And maybe winning out on Connor McDavid.

We're in the process of putting new committee leadership in place, to deal with trades, sims, and other league issues as they come up. Some of you have reached out to me already, and for that I thank you. We'll be conducting a league-wide activity check shortly, and will begin recruiting to fill our empty teams. If you know someone who might like to join us, by all means encourage him/her to apply. And for those of you who may be on the fence about sticking around, I encourage you to stay.

For the others in the league, I value the commitment every single one of you has put into this league, no matter how great or how small. All of us come together to play this silly game, and I hope all of us get something positive out of the experience. I know I do, even with a losing team. For me, EHEC has been a break from the real world for five years now, and I see no reason why we can't try for five more. (Rangers for the Cup in 2016. Why not?)

Again, thanks to all of you for being here, for still being here, and for getting the league ready to start season SIX.

Pat/Bub

Re: The State of Things

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:20 pm
by VancouverCanucksGM
Sounds good.

Was that statement made by the new commissioner?

Re: The State of Things

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:58 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Adam will always be the One True Commissioner. :)

Re: The State of Things

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:23 pm
by Dallas Stars GM
Looking forward for this new, great season! Good luck to everybody

Re: The State of Things

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:26 pm
by Jets GM
We are truly lucky to have a gentleman like Pat helping continue EHEC and it's legacy. Without his calming influence and steady demeanour, it would have been incredibly difficult to weather Adam's leave of absence and losing long-time GM's like Tim and Quinn.

With that being said, Bub never asked for this sort of position and workload. While it's great that he's willing to continue to devote some of his free time to EHEC, it's going to be a team effort going forward.

Cheers to those GMs past, present and future....see everybody on the ice!

Re: The State of Things

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:29 pm
by Singin the BLUES
I will chip in if needed...i dont mind doing a little bit of work to help the league.....if ya need me to do something. just ask

Re: The State of Things

Posted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:22 pm
by AnaheimGM
Great news. Let's start an other beautiful season now!

Re: The State of Things

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:20 am
by Calgary.Flames
Without you, Rick Nash and Alex Ovechkin could've never played a regular season game together.
On the behalf of the Calgary Flames organisation and it's fan base, I want to thank you.
You're a great man, Pat.

Re: The State of Things

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:21 am
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Hey guys, just a quick note that we're taking a look at a couple of issues with creating lines in GM Office. Specifically, you're limited to only certain players on the PP and PK, especially in the AHL. So you can't put a forward on D right now, at least not using GM Office. You can still create lines with GMO, but if you want to do something (legal) that it's not letting you do, just save your lines as a .lns file and email them to commissioner@ehechockey.com.

tl;dr -- GM Office works, but won't let you do some things on special teams. Email lines if you want to do those things.

Re: The State of Things

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:16 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
To those who asked -- Quinn stopped by to take a look at the issue with AHL special teams line selections....although now it shows no players at all for forward positions for PP and PK in the AHL. I've contacted him to take another look.

Let me know if others are seeing something different.