Page 1 of 2
Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:09 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Couple of things, guys...
1. Help the draft end faster by sending us a draft list or telling us to autopick for you.
2. Not long after we finish the draft, we'll get moving on with the rest of the off-season. It's very important first that you get your TO requests in. Any team options that are not actively requested to be picked up by a GM will result in that player becoming a free agent. Don't assume that I'm going to renew your 80 OA star forward b/c I'm just cool like that. We went through this situation a couple of years ago and I'm not going to let anyone off the hook if it happens again. It's up to you to manage your team, not me.
3. I will list out the players with PO who do not exercise their options.
4. After the draft ends, and after TO/PO is resolved, we'll press on with contracts. Since the calculator is up and running, you can continue posting your contract offers on the boards; Please do so, so that you don't have to rush through it at the last minute. When posting offers, remember: there is a new rule regarding contracts longer than 4 years; you do not need to post a signing bonus, we don't use them; there are no TO, PO, or 2-way clauses on any new contracts. ALSO: you can still amend your current posted contract offers for the time being.
Finally, none of this is imminent, and everything will be announced on the boards before the game file is advanced. Since the draft will (hopefully) end in another few days, we could be moving along with the off-season by late this weekend, or early next week. If you know you won't be around then, please start working on your options and contracts ASAP.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:37 pm
by Calgary.Flames
Yes, Rob. He was talking about that.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:47 pm
by Jets GM
All contracts offered for players coming off their ELC will have an extra 10% added to their base salary for every year of the contract, if your offer is for 5-7 years. Contract offers of 1-4 years in length will not be affected. All other players are not affected by this rule, nor are players who are being offered an ELC.
Code: Select all
So, for example, if a player finished his ELC and required a $1M salary, you could sign him for...
1-4 years = $1M
5 years = $1.1M
6 years = $1.2M
7 years = $1.3M
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:04 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Just an update:
We hope to have all trade rulings made later today/tonight. If any are rejected, we'll give the trade partners a chance to rework any deals, and then I'll advance the file to the draft. After all the drafted players are with their proper teams, all trades are inputted, I'll upload a new game file. After that, I'll push to make sure everyone's accepted/rejected their pending team offers. There are still a number of teams without replies on pending TOs, so get on those this week, guys. Here's the link to that page:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5575&start=0
I aim to get the updated file to everyone by Wednesday of this week. After advancing past the TO date, we'll push to get everyone's contract offers up and entered, and start with goalie and rights-trade arbitrations. The start of the UFA period is still at some hazy point in the future, so don't get too excited just yet...
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:26 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
LATEST UPDATE:
Okay folks, I've entered in the draftees, and hopefully all of those players are where they need to be. Give your prospects a quick look-see to make sure I got everyone right. I believe I've also caught up to all pending ELC offers, including the few that were for possible POT boosters. Remember that ELCs are offered through the game, they are not entered automatically. So your guy may not sign in time to be eligible for his boost.
League file here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip
WHAT'S PENDING:
1. There are still a number of teams that haven't replied regarding team/player options.
Consider this your final warning, as I want to advance the file tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon. If you have not replied to the options thread, go here and do so now:
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5575&p=47470#p47470
Not using an option doesn't necessarily mean you lose that player; it just means you'll have to use the calculator to determine their next contract amount, rather than just re-signing them for one more year at their current amount. BUT I'm going to assume anyone who hasn't responded does not want to use their team options.
2. Tomorrow, I will advance the game past the option date, which is also the "who gets a POT boost?" date. Stay tuned for that announcement as well.
3. I'm not going to advance past the game's summer rollover date just yet. I'll give everyone some more time to get their offers in, before we get to summer free agency. But it's coming...
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:43 pm
by Calgary.Flames
Good work, my friend.
You da man.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:08 pm
by IslandersGM
Woo!
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:20 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Oh, and in the "meh, so what" department, the EHM will release the following players on 7/21 (game date) if they are not offered contracts in the meantime:
Jared Knight (BUF)
Scott Wedgewood (BUF)
Joshua Burnside (CBJ)
Stephen Michalek (EDM)
Bradley Ross (LA)
Cameron Lanigan (LA)
Keevin Cutting (LA)
Freddie Hamilton (STL)
Stuart Percy (STL)
Jonathan Racine (STL)
Zac Larraza (STL)
Michael Paliotta (SJ)
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:11 pm
by Calgary.Flames
Travis Dermott is on my team and should be on Nero's Avs.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:11 pm
by Jets GM
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:
2. Tomorrow, I will advance the game past the option date, which is also the "who gets a POT boost?" date. Stay tuned for that announcement as well.
Reid Gardiner ONE TIME!
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:34 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Tampa Bay GM wrote:Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:
2. Tomorrow, I will advance the game past the option date, which is also the "who gets a POT boost?" date. Stay tuned for that announcement as well.
Reid Gardiner ONE TIME!
Har.
There is so much variability in giving out these pot boosts. Ran a bunch of sims last night and got everything from 0 to 3 boosts for the Rangers alone.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:53 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Updated the file with trades, ELCs, and getting Travis Dermott to the right team. Will be advancing the file later this evening, probably between 6 and 7 eastern time. I'll announce all the guys who get boosts, plus all the player options, used or not.
Next up: we'll start sorting out arbitrations for goalies and rights trades. No need to post those offers on the forums -- we'll be handling all the $$$ parts of arbitrations via PM. I hope to start getting through those asap after this evening.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:16 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
I have some cleaning up to do, so it'll be a bit before the game file gets uploaded, but here are your eagerly anticipated POT boost results. Players listed got boosts. If not listed, then no boost this time around. (At least, no news item; I've heard veteran players say that boosts sometimes occur without a news item appearing in the game, although I've never experienced it.)
BOS Matt Buckles
CAR Vladimir Tkachyov
EDM Brayden Point
MIN Axel Holmström
NYR Aidan Muir
NYR Jason Cotton
OTT Jacob Middleton
TB Andreas Englund
VAN Nick Wolff
WPG Timotej Sille
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:57 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
League file has been updated and posted:
http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip
See above post for pot boosts.
See this post for PO results:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5575#p48937
Game has been advanced to 6/25. We will halt here and start working on contracts. First up, we're putting together a list of all players needing arbitrations, meaning all goalies and players who had their rights traded this off-season. Once we do that we'll start contacting GMs via pm to arrange arbitration schedules and prompt you to get your bids in.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NEXT:
Not much, really.
Check your rosters to make sure players got their options picked up, etc. Also,
the game retired a lot of staff members on the 20th, so check your staff roster to see what you'll need to replace. New free agent staff will be generated by the game at the same time we begin player free agency, so you can hold off on making offers to ufa staff for now if you like. Finally, you still have time to
get in your contract offers to pending free agents, or to
revise any offers you've already posted on the boards.
You might want to review the rules on arbitrations, so you know what to expect. I'm hoping we'll start sending out the first arbitration PMs this weekend.
And keep those
draft reviews coming in! I'll draw up a list of draft rewards and will randomly pick winners from the teams that have draft reviews submitted, either on the forums or on your GMO news page.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:13 pm
by Jets GM
Englund boosting....

Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:14 pm
by Jets GM
Reid Gardiner BOOSTED TOO!!!!!!
Always check players.ehm!
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:36 pm
by GoJetsGo
In addition to Timotej Sille (5 -> 6) boosting,
D Jack Glover (6 -> 7)
W Joel Wigle (4 -> 5)
Come on Foegele!
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:41 pm
by Jets GM
Nice on Glover, Tommy. Still remember him from last draft.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:28 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Tampa Bay GM wrote:Reid Gardiner BOOSTED TOO!!!!!!
Always check players.ehm!
So it does happen, boosts without the news item notice. Good to know.
Plus, in one online league I had a boost announced, but the guy didn't actually boost. His pot stayed the same. He was also 25, so I thought he was past boosting anyway. Strange.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:36 pm
by Buffalo LEPS
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Tampa Bay GM wrote:Reid Gardiner BOOSTED TOO!!!!!!
Always check players.ehm!
So it does happen, boosts without the news item notice. Good to know.
Plus, in one online league I had a boost announced, but the guy didn't actually boost. His pot stayed the same. He was also 25, so I thought he was past boosting anyway. Strange.
My 29 years old defenseman got a boost...
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:30 pm
by Calgary.Flames
Buffalo LEPS wrote:Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Tampa Bay GM wrote:Reid Gardiner BOOSTED TOO!!!!!!
Always check players.ehm!
So it does happen, boosts without the news item notice. Good to know.
Plus, in one online league I had a boost announced, but the guy didn't actually boost. His pot stayed the same. He was also 25, so I thought he was past boosting anyway. Strange.
My 29 years old defenseman got a boost...
Names or it didn't happen.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:05 am
by Buffalo LEPS
Nope, wrong guy. Sorry

Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:25 am
by Calgary.Flames
Thought so.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:09 am
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Calgary.Flames wrote:Thought so.
Mine was Carter Trevisani. Would've become surprisingly decent if he add *actually* boosted. Annoying, even years later.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:45 pm
by SharksGM
Would these fucking 75 con guys stop boosting for Justin please thanks
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:36 pm
by Buffalo LEPS
I have difficulty to get the numbers fron the database before the POT boost I think...
I really think that my 29 years old guy, Denis Ezhov, boosted because in my mind he was elligible for it and now he have 66 POT with his 78 CON (maybe got a boost of 2).
Virtanen had a 55 POT I think... he's now to 71.
Can someone confirm me these numbers please

Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:03 am
by MartyFromOTTAWA
Buffalo LEPS wrote:I have difficulty to get the numbers fron the database before the POT boost I think...
I really think that my 29 years old guy, Denis Ezhov, boosted because in my mind he was elligible for it and now he have 66 POT with his 78 CON (maybe got a boost of 2).
Virtanen had a 55 POT I think... he's now to 71.
Can someone confirm me these numbers please

Ezhov was 66 POT at the start of the season.
Virtanen was 51 POT at the start of the season.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:33 pm
by Buffalo LEPS
Thx Marty !
Virtanen........ BOOM !

Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:49 pm
by Vik (Habs)
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Calgary.Flames wrote:Thought so.
Mine was Carter Trevisani. Would've become surprisingly decent if he add *actually* boosted. Annoying, even years later.
BBHL - I still picture you as Jim Rutherford as a result.
And players can still get boosts in their 20s but only up to a 6X POT. Can't get it to 7X (that I've seen). And I don't think they even need 75 CON, I think 70 or higher can do the trick but I'd have to check to be certain.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:33 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Vik (Habs) wrote:Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Calgary.Flames wrote:Thought so.
Mine was Carter Trevisani. Would've become surprisingly decent if he add *actually* boosted. Annoying, even years later.
BBHL - I still picture you as Jim Rutherford as a result.
And players can still get boosts in their 20s but only up to a 6X POT. Can't get it to 7X (that I've seen). And I don't think they even need 75 CON, I think 70 or higher can do the trick but I'd have to check to be certain.
Very interesting...thanks Vik.
Ah, the BBHL. Was my first online league. Made a lot of baaad decisions, but it was a great learning experience.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:56 pm
by TorontoGM
What is the difference between signing a staff member via UFA and claiming them in the waiver thread?
Is UFA only for resigning current staff members?
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:28 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
TorontoGM wrote:What is the difference between signing a staff member via UFA and claiming them in the waiver thread?
Is UFA only for resigning current staff members?
The rules basically only outline, for UFA staff, the process of claiming them as you would a player on waivers. There is an 18-hour window to make a counter claim, with priority based on last season's standings. So....theoretically an offer to a UFA staff could be undermined by a straight-up waiver claim by someone else. I think what I would do in that case is treat the initial contract offer as the first waiver claim, and then weigh any subsequent claims
that are within the 18-hour window based on standings.
I think this rule is there b/c in the game staff do not consider offers from multiple teams like players do. That, and we've got enough salary wrangling to deal with in the off-season with arbitrations and all the other salary issues that we handle.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:27 pm
by SharksGM
Vik (Habs) wrote:And players can still get boosts in their 20s but only up to a 6X POT. Can't get it to 7X (that I've seen). And I don't think they even need 75 CON, I think 70 or higher can do the trick but I'd have to check to be certain.
I saw a 24 year old with 74 con boost up to 7 pot a few times in a fastsim when I did a bunch of rollover tests. It didn't end up happening in the file though.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:40 am
by Commish Bub(NYR)
SharksGM wrote:Vik (Habs) wrote:And players can still get boosts in their 20s but only up to a 6X POT. Can't get it to 7X (that I've seen). And I don't think they even need 75 CON, I think 70 or higher can do the trick but I'd have to check to be certain.
I saw a 24 year old with 74 con boost up to 7 pot a few times in a fastsim when I did a bunch of rollover tests. It didn't end up happening in the file though.
I'm pretty sure I've had over-20s get legit boosts into the 70s before. I think boosts stop when they hit 23? 24?
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:34 pm
by Vik (Habs)
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:SharksGM wrote:Vik (Habs) wrote:And players can still get boosts in their 20s but only up to a 6X POT. Can't get it to 7X (that I've seen). And I don't think they even need 75 CON, I think 70 or higher can do the trick but I'd have to check to be certain.
I saw a 24 year old with 74 con boost up to 7 pot a few times in a fastsim when I did a bunch of rollover tests. It didn't end up happening in the file though.
I'm pretty sure I've had over-20s get legit boosts into the 70s before. I think boosts stop when they hit 23? 24?
Just ran a couple tests.
In the first one, I set everyone to 6X POT, 21 years old, and 99 CON. I changed the date back to before boosting and simmed ahead. I ended up with a grand total of 0 boosts.
In the second one, I did the same thing but with 5X POTs. I ended up with 367 boosts, all to 6X.
It could be that other versions of the game give boosts later (I know 1.18 isn't shy about POT drops) but 1.16 doesn't seem to let guys boost to 7X when they're in their 20s (or if it does, it's very rare).
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:47 am
by SharksGM
Vik (Habs) wrote:In the first one, I set everyone to 6X POT, 21 years old, and 99 CON. I changed the date back to before boosting and simmed ahead. I ended up with a grand total of 0 boosts.
In the second one, I did the same thing but with 5X POTs. I ended up with 367 boosts, all to 6X.
It could be that other versions of the game give boosts later (I know 1.18 isn't shy about POT drops) but 1.16 doesn't seem to let guys boost to 7X when they're in their 20s (or if it does, it's very rare).
Well, try 24+ year olds with 70-80 CON and see how that goes.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:28 pm
by Vik (Habs)
SharksGM wrote:Vik (Habs) wrote:In the first one, I set everyone to 6X POT, 21 years old, and 99 CON. I changed the date back to before boosting and simmed ahead. I ended up with a grand total of 0 boosts.
In the second one, I did the same thing but with 5X POTs. I ended up with 367 boosts, all to 6X.
It could be that other versions of the game give boosts later (I know 1.18 isn't shy about POT drops) but 1.16 doesn't seem to let guys boost to 7X when they're in their 20s (or if it does, it's very rare).
Well, try 24+ year olds with 70-80 CON and see how that goes.
24 years old, 6X POT, 75 CON = no boosts. It also = annoying since every player wants an update on his status in the organization.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:19 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Vik (Habs) wrote:SharksGM wrote:Vik (Habs) wrote:In the first one, I set everyone to 6X POT, 21 years old, and 99 CON. I changed the date back to before boosting and simmed ahead. I ended up with a grand total of 0 boosts.
In the second one, I did the same thing but with 5X POTs. I ended up with 367 boosts, all to 6X.
It could be that other versions of the game give boosts later (I know 1.18 isn't shy about POT drops) but 1.16 doesn't seem to let guys boost to 7X when they're in their 20s (or if it does, it's very rare).
Well, try 24+ year olds with 70-80 CON and see how that goes.
24 years old, 6X POT, 75 CON = no boosts. It also = annoying since
every player wants an update on his status in the organization.

Was this some advanced-level trolling, Dan?
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:58 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Pending for now:
...several more rights trades arbitrations need resolving; they should be done very soon.
...going to double check the salaries of all players with removed franchise tags, and set them to the right number.
Once these things are done, I'll update the file with all the trades and signings, and advance past the rollover and into free agency. Depending on how fast the two items above get resolved, we could see free agency by Wednesday or Thursday.
I will keep you posted as we move forward, but consider this fair warning! Make sure your offers are finalized, and if you haven't yet posted a draft review, now is the time to do so!
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:15 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
I have updated the file and advanced a couple of days:
...added all approved trades
...added recent UFA signings
...added (hopefully) all staff movements
Other stuff:
1. Still waiting on a couple of rights trade arbs; once they're resolved we'll move forward to the rest of the off-season.
2. Double check your staff to make sure you're not going to lose anyone you want to keep. Several teams have not given recent offers.
3. Going back through the old franchise tags, we've determined the following salaries should be in place for player who once had the tags. If you have a question about a number, let us know.
ARZ - Oliver Ekman-Larsson -- 7.4m (contract will also have 3 years added to length)
BUF - Drew Stafford -- 6.4m
CAR - Mikko Koivu -- 6.25m
CHI - Brent Seabrook -- 6.9m
COL - Gabriel Landeskog -- 8.2m
DAL - Nathan Horton -- 6.0m
DET - Mike Green -- 8.325m
EDM - Thomas Vanek -- 6.5m
FLA - Petter Granberg -- 6.85m
LA - Jack Johnson -- 5.9m
NAS - Shea Weber -- 7.1m
NAS - Andrei Kostitsyn -- 6.8m
PIT - Cody Hodgson -- 5.375m
SJ - Joe Thornton -- 6.7m
TB - Marian Gaborik -- 9.0m
TB - Jeff Carter -- 7.05m
WSH - Andrei Markov -- 6.5m
WPG - Alex Pietrangelo -- 4.925m
4. I'm going to start entering in contracts tonight and/or tomorrow morning. I'll update the files as I do that, so you can double check to make sure all contracts have been entered before we move to free agency.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:25 am
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Contracts, contracts, contracts. That's what I'll be doing later today. All pending contracts, approved trades, salary adjustments, and anything else I can think of will get entered in later today. The files on GMO will be updated, and there will be a new zip file to download.
Definitely take the time to look over your roster, contracts, staff, etc, to make sure nothing has been missed. To give you a little time to make sure everything's all square, I think it's best to put off the
start of free agency until Saturday at noon eastern time US, pending any larger issues that might arise in the meantime.
Free agency will apply to both players and to staff. The rules for both are outlined in their respective forums.
Free agency:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1970#p14591
Staff claims:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2171#p16127
If you know you will not be around this weekend, and you fear you'll miss bidding on someone you want, you may send offers to the Free Agents account early. No offers will be posted, however, until after the frenzy starts at noon.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:20 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
File advanced, contracts entered, trades approved and entered.
There are a couple of minor clean-up issues to do, like adjusting a couple of ELCs, but hopefully I caught everything.
Two things:
1. NJ players Hannes Bjorninen and Hunter Smith are not RFAs. The game keeps reverting them to that status every time I change it, but they are still unsigned prospects with NJ.
2. I'm getting a runtime error 6 in version 1.16. It doesn't show up when using version 1.18, and it goes away after the rollover. Not sure what's causing it either.
Take a look around your team, let me know what I've missed, as I'm sure there are a few things here and there.
League file is here:
http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:14 pm
by Vik (Habs)
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:1. NJ players Hannes Bjorninen and Hunter Smith are not RFAs. The game keeps reverting them to that status every time I change it, but they are still unsigned prospects with NJ.
I believe that's because they show as having games played in the NHL (2 for Bjorninen, 10 for Smith (with a goal, even)). To fix it...
1) Open the statistics file
2) Look up player ID 1249 (Hunter Smith)
3) Change the line that starts with a 10 and a 1 to all 0s
4) Look up player ID 2984 (Hannes Bjorninen)
5) Change the line that starts with a 2 to all 0s
6) Open the players file and change the 99 for team to 0 for each of them.
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:2. I'm getting a runtime error 6 in version 1.16. It doesn't show up when using version 1.18, and it goes away after the rollover. Not sure what's causing it either.
I tried to sim ahead a bit once and got an error now and I think I had the same error after the preseason. I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's causing it.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:11 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Could it be financial issues? I know some think average salaries getting over a certain number can cause an error. I checked the file and didn't see any mistaken entries, and I've altered the teams file to put all budgets back to 70M, fyi.
Re the stats file -- ah, didn't know they had games played. I'll change the file so they're back where they belong.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:25 pm
by Vik (Habs)
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Could it be financial issues? I know some think average salaries getting over a certain number can cause an error. I checked the file and didn't see any mistaken entries, and I've altered the teams file to put all budgets back to 70M, fyi.
That seems to be the problem yeah. Trying to figure out the exact cause still.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:49 pm
by Vik (Habs)
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Could it be financial issues? I know some think average salaries getting over a certain number can cause an error. I checked the file and didn't see any mistaken entries, and I've altered the teams file to put all budgets back to 70M, fyi.
So this is definitely the problem. I don't know about an exact number but right now our average salaries are $2,713,309. The highest I've gotten the game to work at so far is $2,693,091 (which is different than
this old post on fhockey).
I tried calling up a bunch of my minimum wage players to knock the average down enough to see if that fixed things but still got the error. I'm going to see if it still happens if I bring them up via the players file instead.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:54 pm
by Vik (Habs)
Vik (Habs) wrote:I tried calling up a bunch of my minimum wage players to knock the average down enough to see if that fixed things but still got the error. I'm going to see if it still happens if I bring them up via the players file instead.
Brought the average salary down to 2,689,682 this way and got the error again. Now I'm curious and confused.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:08 pm
by Vik (Habs)
So it looks like an easy fix would be to have a couple of the bigger salaried players in the league in the AHL for a couple days. Once we get past the rollover, I'm not having any problems through the start of the preseason games (though I imagine there could be some later).
Edit: Rather than just some bigger salaried players, we could demote some pending UFAs that are making decent money (Bieksa and Phillips from my team for example (though those 2 aren't enough by themselves)). That way it doesn't really affect anybody.
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:10 pm
by Vik (Habs)
And to continue my run of posts, you got the Whitney to Detroit part of my deal with the Wings but Lowry's still with them (and without his new contract).
Re: Pending Off-Season Announcements HERE
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:19 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Vik (Habs) wrote:And to continue my run of posts, you got the Whitney to Detroit part of my deal with the Wings but Lowry's still with them (and without his new contract).
Ah, yep. Made a note about moving Lowry then promptly ignored it. Will correct it.
We can get past the rollover using 1.18, then go back to 1.16. Since I know 1.18 makes funky rookies, but we overwrite them, that won't be a problem. Any other issues you can think of by using 1.18 for a few game days?