Page 1 of 1

Suggestion

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:01 pm
by Flyin High Jets
As someone new to the league and have been in other EHM online league for about 5 years, it's very difficult for someone who comes from a totally different type of set-up to find things and to find rule changes an such. The site isn't user friendly at all and things seem to be scattered about a bit. Also, things sometimes seem to be overly complicated when they don't have to be. Maybe the site itself needs a total overall or something, but as I said, it's very difficult to find out information here.

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:22 pm
by Calgary.Flames
There's too many stuff on this message board to gather everything that was once said.

Here are last season's rule: viewforum.php?f=53

You probably got the commish's post saying that some rules were going to change for next season?!

You can usually get an answer pretty quickly on the message board and/or always feel free to PM me. It usually doesn't take very long for me to get back to you.

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:36 pm
by Flyin High Jets
Calgary.Flames wrote:There's too many stuff on this message board to gather everything that was once said.

Here are last season's rule: viewforum.php?f=53

You probably got the commish's post saying that some rules were going to change for next season?!

You can usually get an answer pretty quickly on the message board and/or always feel free to PM me. It usually doesn't take very long for me to get back to you.
Maybe a good thing to do is to clean up the message board a bit to make things easier to find. As much as I like this league, I don't have the time to look for things and constantly ask questions. To me, a bit more organization of the board would go a long way.

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:05 pm
by Calgary.Flames
Believe or not, we've been cleaning it up over the years.
We're not your typical online league where you come in and it's an easy business. You have work to do and part of it is retrieving info and catching up on everybody else. You don't just come in, win a championship and sit on it.
Flyin High Jets wrote: I don't have the time to look for things and constantly ask questions.
Everyone has somehow found a way to get up to speed. You're no different.

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:23 pm
by Flyin High Jets
Calgary.Flames wrote:Believe or not, we've been cleaning it up over the years.
We're not your typical online league where you come in and it's an easy business. You have work to do and part of it is retrieving info and catching up on everybody else. You don't just come in, win a championship and sit on it.
Flyin High Jets wrote: I don't have the time to look for things and constantly ask questions.
Everyone has somehow found a way to get up to speed. You're no different.
Why make it harder to find things when it doesn't have to be?

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:50 pm
by Calgary.Flames
Who's going to pay me for the 12h I'm about to put on this shit?
We're not making it harder, it is hard.
Do you think we are sitting here trying to find ways to confuse you?

It's a delicate thing to ask a guy who's volunteered to do some of the dirty work to actually do more.

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:05 pm
by Vik (Habs)
Calgary.Flames wrote:It's a delicate thing to ask a guy who's volunteered to do some of the dirty work to actually do more.
Pretty sure this was also what Julien told his wife when she asked him to change another diaper.

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:07 pm
by Jets GM
Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays....

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:09 pm
by flyergp21
In the meantime, WPG you're on the clock!! Go!

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:11 pm
by BLUESGM
Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays....
Image

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:53 pm
by Jets GM
Office Space....such an epic movie.

But more to the champs point, the rulebook link at the top of the page should re-direct users to the rulebook forum where there is a link to each topic. Creating a designated Q & A thread that new GM's can read over might help as well.

Are there plans to re-write a PDF version of the rules for next season? Happy to do it over this long boring off-season once UFA is over...

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:32 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Yep, the rulebook link should re-direct people, or we update to a new PDF. Which is something I think someone just volunteered for....

But let us update all the rulebook sections first.

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:19 pm
by SharksGM
Last time I checked, I wasn't able to find where the headers for all of the forum pages are saved. That's why they're different from the ones on the main page. So I can change the rulebook link on the main page and the "new" GMO/roster pages but not in the forums. I'm hesitant to change anything in the forums themselves for obvious reasons.

As for site redesign, no. We were lucky enough to have a former GM who designed and made the original site plus the current redesign. I have no desire to redo any of that as it's enough work to maintain the existing structure with rule changes. I think the site and league itself is miles ahead of most other EHM leagues, where inexperienced GMs get preyed upon by the vets and left for dead, so take what you can get.

If anyone has more specific suggestions than "improve everything", I'm listening. Julien asked for a page to see the whole league roster, which I might do at some point. In fact, there's a hidden feature to see pending free agents in GMO:

http://www.ehechockey.com/ufa.php?pending=1

... so I could just add something to show all players.

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:38 pm
by Calgary.Flames
SharksGM wrote:Julien asked for a page to see the whole league roster, which I might do at some point. In fact, there's a hidden feature to see pending free agents in GMO:

http://www.ehechockey.com/ufa.php?pending=1

... so I could just add something to show all players.
You remembered!?! :shock: :)

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:34 am
by Dallas Stars GM

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:57 am
by Jets GM
Dallas Stars GM wrote:Hope I didn't miss anything.
http://www.megafileupload.com/fr2D/EHEC ... 16-17).PDF
This looks great; I will merge this with the old one over the summer.

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:36 pm
by SharksGM
Dallas Stars GM wrote:Hope I didn't miss anything.
http://www.megafileupload.com/fr2D/EHEC ... 16-17).PDF
If this is based off a word doc, can you upload that as well so we can update it?

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:37 pm
by SharksGM
Calgary.Flames wrote:
SharksGM wrote:Julien asked for a page to see the whole league roster, which I might do at some point. In fact, there's a hidden feature to see pending free agents in GMO:

http://www.ehechockey.com/ufa.php?pending=1

... so I could just add something to show all players.
You remembered!?! :shock: :)
I did, and you're welcome:

http://www.ehechockey.com/ufa.php?pending=-1

Put any integer <0 for pending and you'll get all players. Warning: it'll take a while to load and sort.

I'll add a link to it at some point.

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:10 pm
by Calgary.Flames
SharksGM wrote:
Calgary.Flames wrote:
SharksGM wrote:Julien asked for a page to see the whole league roster, which I might do at some point. In fact, there's a hidden feature to see pending free agents in GMO:

http://www.ehechockey.com/ufa.php?pending=1

... so I could just add something to show all players.
You remembered!?! :shock: :)
I did, and you're welcome:

http://www.ehechockey.com/ufa.php?pending=-1

Put any integer <0 for pending and you'll get all players. Warning: it'll take a while to load and sort.

I'll add a link to it at some point.

Any integer <0 for pending?

What does that mean for someone with poor english knowledge like myself?

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:31 pm
by SharksGM
Calgary.Flames wrote:
SharksGM wrote:
Calgary.Flames wrote:
SharksGM wrote:Julien asked for a page to see the whole league roster, which I might do at some point. In fact, there's a hidden feature to see pending free agents in GMO:

http://www.ehechockey.com/ufa.php?pending=1

... so I could just add something to show all players.
You remembered!?! :shock: :)
I did, and you're welcome:

http://www.ehechockey.com/ufa.php?pending=-1

Put any integer <0 for pending and you'll get all players. Warning: it'll take a while to load and sort.

I'll add a link to it at some point.

Any integer <0 for pending?

What does that mean for someone with poor english knowledge like myself?
It means click the link and ignore the rest!

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:47 pm
by Dallas Stars GM
https://www.sendspace.com/file/zsd8mv
Here is a DOC version of that file.

Re: Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:53 am
by Panther
Wait hold the fuck up. Let me get this straight. So you're telling me this site has a Julien AND a Bubbles??