Page 1 of 1

Announcement

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:37 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Guys, it's time for an announcement.

I am resigning from the EHEC, effective at the end of the playoffs. I've been involved in this league since the beginning, and commish now for several years. While it has been a long and (mostly) fun ride, it's time for me to go. My heart is just not into the daily grind of running a league, even with the amazing help of Dan, Julien, Justin, Vik, and all you great and noisy GMs. I've thought long and hard about making changes, doing less, maybe even just being a GM, and the only thing I keep coming back to is that it's time for me to go. I've been around less and less this year, and it feels like it's been easier and easier for me to check out more frequently. That's not fair to any of you, no matter how much you're involved in the league or with your team.

Whether or not you guys continue the league is up to you. I think there's a great core of GMs here, some good guys on the league staff, and a willingness among active GMs to take part in keeping this league viable and healthy. We're playing a freeware game with obvious limitations, one that hasn't been upgraded in how long? And it works, and we've still got a nearly full league. That is a testament not to me, but to all of you.

I'd also like to thank all the guys who came and went before me, all the old hands who used to help run things here. Parker, Quinn, Tim Gaw, that original Philly GM who's name I'm forgetting (lol), and of course, Adam. It's been a hell of a ride. I'll still be around until we crown the new champ, and I'm planning on finishing the draft class soon so you can keep making your off-season plans. So you've still got a few more weeks to insult me to your heart's desire. :)

Pat

Re: Announcement

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:29 pm
by flyergp21
That's sad, I think you did an amazing job with this league, along with the others you mentionned. And I'm thanking you for it, for giving us a chance to play this great game.! Take care Pat!! :( :( :(

Re: Announcement

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:04 pm
by Jets GM
Bub, thank you for everything you have done for the league these past years. If it was not for your leadership, the league would not have survived our previous commissioners departure. You stepped up and took a job you didn't ask for, and performed impeccably.

The league will never be the same without you and you will be sorely missed.

Thanks for sticking around and finishing out the 7th season.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:18 pm
by TorontoGM
I don't blame you, losing to the Leafs must be heart wrenching. 8-)

Seriously though, thank you for everything. Thank you for stepping up when Adam left, thank you for continuing to work to make this league better and thank you for just being you.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:47 pm
by Calgary.Flames
I"m sad. I really am. But I want you guys to know that we're not done here.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:23 am
by AnaheimGM
Sorry to hear that but this his your decision and I will never blame on you for that. The league will never be the same without you. I just want to give you a high five for your commitement to this league, this was really appreciate.

Good luck!!

Re: Announcement

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:04 pm
by SharksGM
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:that original Philly GM who's name I'm forgetting (lol)
You forgot Ryan, sad!
So you've still got a few more weeks to insult me to your heart's desire. :)

Pat
Thanks for all those sims, draftees and boring tedious drudgery that I didn't have to do, dickhead*.

*This is considered a term of endearment in some parts of the world.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:09 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
Calgary.Flames wrote:I"m sad. I really am. But I want you guys to know that we're not done here.
Says the guy who's still in the playoffs with his fingers crossed.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:09 pm
by Commish Bub(NYR)
SharksGM wrote:*This is considered a term of endearment in some parts of the world.
Taranuville?

Re: Announcement

Posted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:07 am
by Dallas Stars GM
Wow. I certainly didn't expect this.

In this way, I would like to thank you for everything you did for me (especially in the beginning, and actually, accepting me into this league, where I am - more or less - a foreigner) and for the whole league. It's a great league and I absolutely enjoy being part of this.

Wishing you best of luck to your next life.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:01 am
by SharksGM
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:
SharksGM wrote:*This is considered a term of endearment in some parts of the world.
Taranuville?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRZXM-4xI

Re: Announcement

Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:05 am
by Bernyhawks
Thanks for everything Bub you're a beauty and you did an amazing job. Hopefully one day you wake up and get an urge to get back like it happened to me.

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:00 am
by IslandersGM
Thanks Pat -Hats off to you!

Re: Announcement

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:44 pm
by IslandersGM
I'd also like to say I'd like to step up and see what I can do to help keep the league going. Either as a simmer - especially if we get rid of the shoot outs! I'd be willing to start looking at next year's prospects and building those players, That way i have time to chat with Pat about how best to edit the file to create them.

Like my RL Oilers - time for the rest to step up, it's not just Connor that carries the team! I've enjoyed this league and I want to see it continue!