Page 1 of 3
Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:47 pm
by Penguin
What's going on with the Draft? Is it almost done being edited? Are we allowed trading? Any particular attention to the EHEC Awards for this season.. Do we let the game decide, or do we vote? What happened with AHL playoffs?
Thanks fellas!
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:15 pm
by Jets GM
AHL playoffs were scrapped due to gamefile issues iirc, next year hopefully.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:27 pm
by Bruins
I'm all for doing the awards ourselves. No way Ovechkin should be winning the Lady Byng. If there's interest I'd volunteer to tally votes.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:55 pm
by Penguin
Sounds good.
Might as well be in charge of the whole thing if you have time (compile stats, nominate players, post pictures of the trophies, etc)! It would give the Staff a little break when they get back from MIA.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:35 pm
by BSBullies
The Committee has set up a meeting for tomorrow evening where we'll be addressing league issues: deciding a sim schedule for the offseason, breaking down parts of the draft class so it gets done quickly and tying up loose ends from this past season. Thanks for the patience everyone.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:45 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
First thing I'm going to say is that if GMs are unhappy with how things are being run, there is absolutely nothing forcing you to stay. Everybody knew going in to the start of the league that it would work on a real-time calendar basis. There have been zero surprises with that. So, if the few of you who have voiced displeasure want to leave, I encourage you to keep the door open long enough to get all the way through it without bruising your ass on the way out.
Second of all, there is no hurry whatsoever. The vibe I got was that there is very little interest in a summer tournament and even some of the more active GMs were advocating a summer break. Whatever the consensus decides is what we will do.
Third, like the rest of you, we are entitled to a break of our own. It's summer time. There's shit going on. I've already been to a handful of cookouts, a 40th birthday party, graduation parties of family and friends of family, several baseball games, two vacations, and have other things upcoming this week. Again, all of you knew this going in to a real-time schedule. Perhaps we could have given updates sooner, and I realize that teams who were not in the playoffs are getting anxious, but this is a league founded upon patience. We wanted to strive for realism and we are. I assume things will pick up with the trading of draft picks and other assets.
Our meeting will discuss what Ryan said plus when to end the moratorium on trading. I expect it will be in the near future. But, I will say this. Several teams haven't even bothered to sign their impending free agents. If your comrades as GMs aren't going to put in the effort, why should we? It's a two-way street. Some of you have been active all along and we appreciate that. We understand it's hard to be active during our playoff format and sim schedule if you aren't involved. So it means that much more to us for the GMs that have been. If you notice somebody slacking on their duties, send along a message, a PM, whatever.
Be patient with the process. September's a long way away, we understand that. But we definitely will not give credence to posts like the ones that have been deleted in this thread. If you feel a certain way and want to voice that opinion, if we disagree with it or it undermines this league, the people running it, or fellow GMs, you are very replaceable.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:27 pm
by TorontoGM
Trust me, I'm patient but there is nothing wrong with being frustrated with the fact that a week after the final was simmed there was still ZERO word from any staff member on anything relating to a summer plan, the draft/draft lottery or when trading might be re-opened. To be honest, I could care less how long we have to wait but whats wrong with wanting to know when everything is going to be done?
In no way shape or form, am I trying to undermine anyone or this league. Sorry if it came out the wrong way.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:05 am
by Jets GM
This isn't directed to anyone, but respond to your PM's! Even if its quick "no ty" or "not interested" it lets the other guy know he's going to have to look elsewhere. Everyone has been checking in (except DET GM who hasn't been online since April) so everyone is obviously pretty active. Most people like to do things last minute, setting deadlines for things (contract offers, draftee ratings, trading) will get people more active and get some more action around here.
I'd be happy to help out creating/rating the draftee's fyi. I hope we keep in mind we have a pretty tough gamefile (tons of sub 70 con players), idc really but a bunch 2nd/3rd rounders being better then good NHL players irl in a few years would kinda suck. We all know a players CON is the most important number right?
Will the off-season activity rewards (if any) be decided? i.e CON/ceiling boosts. I'll probably sim like 2-3 different gamefiles seeing the affects they have on different players, so more time the better.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:37 am
by Penguin
I'm sorry too if it came out the wrong way.
As a great staff team, you got us used to knowing what's going on all the time so I was worried that there was no word at all after the cup, like Mike pointed out. I thought you were going to pull a Banaszak!
I'm also very anxious also for next season! My main focus will be to try to get more guys from my past leagues throughout the summer.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:01 am
by CapsGM
The only thing I disagree with is that a player finishing sixth in league scoring while missing six games and had just 18 penalty minutes is being questioned about contention for the Lady Byng. The guy was such a gentleman that he let Sergei Zinovjev take his place at the Olympics!
Re: Updates?
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 am
by Virtual Jarmo
You guys will have that update tonight and it should quell all your fears.
Matt, we've already invested far too much time to "pull a Banaszak". No doubt it is a thankless position to put in a lot of work on something that may or may not be appreciated in the long run. Mostly, my post was frustration based due to that. Obviously, as a lot of you know, doing this for an online sim league is a rather thankless job. You don't get those hours back and really, it's hard to get a lot out of it besides the respect of the GMs. It'd be great if this job paid.
Everything's going to come together as it has all along in the league. It may be taking more time to do so than some of you like, but it'll all be done and everybody will be happy in the end.
Again, we'll have that update for you tonight.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:59 pm
by TorontoGM
I'll give you 200 Canadian dollars if you make sure I get the first overall pick.

Re: Updates?
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:16 pm
by Tuo-SabresGM
Alright guys, updates are here. Hopefully it's enough to satiate everyone.
First, I want to start off apologizing to everyone for my lack of activity the last few weeks. Since my girlfriend started school in May, I've been swamped hardcore getting her to and fro, working two jobs myself, helping my mom with outdoor work around the house she bought late last year (which is turning out to be a hair-pulling project), dealing with my beyond troublesome car that both crapped the bed at one point and saved my ass (literally), and doing all of this on an average of 4 hours of sleep a night. Regardless, I need and want to find more time for the league, so I don't want anyone to assume that I or anyone else on the Committee are abandoning this glorious child of ours. I'm also not trying to play the pity card here, so please don't think I'm trying to completely justify my lack of appearances, I just want to let everyone know where I'm personally at right now, to help keep communication strong within the league. Don't hesitate to drop me a PM or email if you don't see me around here. I'll find the time.
Anywho, to league business. It has been decided that the target date for the Draft is June 25th. The *hope* and plan right now is to have the draft class compiled by the 21st to give GMs some time to scout. Adam will be dealing with the bulk of it, as is my understanding, but Ryan and I will pitch in to get it done ASAP. That being said, we all know the draft is the 18th in-game. Thus, we have decided that starting tomorrow, we will begin simming one day at a time as per usual (picking up from the 6th), and that should leave us with an in-game date of the 17th on the real-life date of the 25th. We will be doing a 2-day on, 2-day off sim schedule between Ryan and myself, with Ryan beginning the sim tomorrow. For example, Ryan will sim Tuesday and Wednesday, I will take Thursday and Friday, and so forth. To be safe, PM any special instructions to both of us, just in case.
- For the awards, we are asking if our "sub-Committee" (I believe Pat, Parker, and someone else, or anyone really interested) would be willing to step up and handle the league awards, collecting nominations, votes, etc. from the GMs.
- I honestly didn't get a specific date for the draft lottery, but rest assured it will be done very soon.
- No specified date for trading either, but the plan thus far is to have it re-instated by the end of the week. This could change, but I don't forsee it being prolonged.
If I missed anything, I'm sure Adam or Ryan will fill you all in. Again, hopefully this was the info everyone wanted to know. We all appreciate your patience, and understand the frustrations on all ends. Like any good relationship, we'll go through our bumps and bruises and get through it. We've gone through some during the season, and it only made things stronger. I expect the same to result here. Thanks everyone.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:31 pm
by Penguin
Great stuff Nicky!
I feel you with the 4 hour of sleep nights.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:40 pm
by Parker
Good to hear that work on the draft is getting underway, but is there any way to tweak the dates so we can have a little more time to scout before the draft? Normally a GM would have an entire game year to put together a comprehensive draft strategy; four days seems like not very much time (especially in my case as I'll be working those four days and will have a maximum of about an hour each evening to do my scouting. I don't think anyone would have a problem with holding the draft a little later if it got us more time for scouting and evaluation. Just my two cents.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:07 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
As far as I'm concerned, I think the four days is plenty of time because you'll ready only have to have your first round pick decided on by then. I don't know what kind of time limits we're giving on picks, but there's a very good chance that the first round will take 2-3 days.
If there's more outcry for longer scouting times, I have no problem with that. We're not going to release the entire draft class all at once, though.
The way I've been doing it is by the CSS Mid-season rankings. Obviously, the end of season rankings are out already. But, the players are, for all intents and purposes, going in to the file based on how well-rated they are. So really, while we're simming days in EHEC, there will be more draftees in the file each time. So, by the 21st or whatever, the only guys remaining from the file will be the lower round selections. And those rounds probably won't be started until at least the last couple days of June, maybe even July.
I had a job interview and have tickets to a musical and a date with my fiance today, so I haven't been able to do it, but I will be getting instructions on how I'm doing it to Nick and Ryan tonight when I get back and we'll be getting a good chunk done between tomorrow and Thursday. Even if we aren't simming that day, I will upload an updated file with draftees and post here that the file has been updated so that you can download the new one.
Also, expect the trade freeze to be lifted on Thursday.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:01 pm
by Penguin
Ouuuuuu Thursday will be a big day in Pittsburgh

Re: Updates?
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:54 pm
by Jungle Cats
Welllllllll, I did just spend a couple hours scouting the existing draft...but that was far from exhaustive, and if you're tweaking it anyway, those of us with a bucket of picks can't complain too much, surely.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:09 pm
by Jets GM
jw about possible bonuses/rewards for the off-season?
Re: Updates?
Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:13 pm
by BSBullies
Alright guys, I've just finished simming the 7th and uploaded
http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip. Any transactions have been entered, as Adam said we'll be opening trading in a couple days

Re: Updates?
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:46 am
by Virtual Jarmo
Tampa Bay GM wrote:jw about possible bonuses/rewards for the off-season?
We'll probably start with reach arounds and expand from there.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:14 am
by Jets GM
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Tampa Bay GM wrote:jw about possible bonuses/rewards for the off-season?
We'll probably start with reach arounds and expand from there.
circle jerks ftw
Re: Updates?
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:37 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Anybody have an opinion on what the time limit should be to pick? After that you get the BPA as rated by EHM's rankings.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:51 pm
by BSBullies
June 8th has been uploaded to the downloads section, no activity posted but did update some contracts. Get your offers in everyone.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:02 pm
by SharksGM
How about we do the awards voting on the forums here? I assume you can make anonymous polls with single votes here... not sure if you can hide the results though, if that's important to anyone. Maybe one round of nominations and another of voting on the top 3 vote-getters?
For the draft, how about 12 hours per pick for the first round? If it takes too long it can always be cut down afterwards or for the later rounds.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:13 am
by Penguin
12h sounds good.
I'll be in charge of the Awards. The nominees will be announced tomorrow night! (Friday around 6PM East)
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:52 am
by Virtual Jarmo
Anybody know where I can find a draft lottery simulator? The link to the one on Fhockey's forums is dead. If anybody still has it and can email it over, that would be sweet.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:58 am
by NashvilleGM
Can't find one, but what you can do is roll a die.
Example, if the Oilers have 50% of getting the 1st pick, Panthers 30 and Flames 20,
you roll a 100 face die and if the number is 1 to 50, oilers, 51 to 80 panthers and 81 to 100 flames.
Something like that...
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:00 am
by NashvilleGM
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:02 am
by Virtual Jarmo
I saw this too, but I have no idea what's going on with it.
These are the draft lottery odds, though:
http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Draft-Lottery/
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:00 pm
by NashvilleGM
100 faced die:
25.0% - 77-100
18.8% - 58-76
14.2% - 44-57
10.7% - 33-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42-43
8.1% - 25-26-27-28-29-30-31-32
6.2% - 19-20-21-22-23-24
4.7% - 14-15-16-17-18
3.6% - 10-11-12-13
2.7% - 7-8-9
2.1% - 6-7
1.5% - 4-5
1.1% - 3
0.8% - 2
0.5% - 1
It seems complicated tho, let's say I roll a 16. 7th place is now 3rd
Then I roll a 85, 1st stays first
Then I roll a 55, 3rd goes 2nd. 2nd cannot move down more than 1 spot so he takes 3rd and 7th goes 4th ( ????).
Then it goes on, 4 cannot move up and can only go down 1 spot so he gets 5
5 gets 6
6 gets 7.
....
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:22 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Right now, I'm hoping I can do some digging and find somebody with the simulator. It would make it a hell of a lot easier.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:45 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
The trades forum is now unlocked. Please be patient with our rulings as we will be hard at work on the draft class.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:48 pm
by DevilsGM
Tampa Bay GM wrote:Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Tampa Bay GM wrote:jw about possible bonuses/rewards for the off-season?
We'll probably start with reach arounds and expand from there.
circle jerks ftw
last one to go has to eat the cracker

Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:54 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated the file with about 20 European draftees. That makes about 90 draftees in the file currently. We're making great progress. As I went through EHM's CSB, I noticed that there were more draftees in there than I thought, but most of them are 5/6 POT and 5/6 CON guys. I left them in there as filler for the later rounds. I also removed the duplicate Derek Forbort.
If you guys come across any omissions, wrong birthdates, etc., please let me know. The end of season CSB rankings are very different from the midterm CSS ones were.
Note that the trading forum is unlocked and you guys should all update your Trade Blocks and let's get the activity back up around here. Like I said upthread, please be patient with us in approving trades.
Nick is having severe car trouble, including blowing out the power steering. He will dedicate what time he can to his portion of the draft, but when I finish mine, I'll just continue plodding along to help him out. Like I said, we may not have the whole thing done by the 21st, given that this weekend happens to be my fiance and my 5th anniversary of knowing each other and one year of being engaged, plus a grad party on Saturday. But, I will do what I can, and so will Nick and Ryan.
Ryan will be doing the goaltenders by removing the shittiest FAs from the file. We will also be doing this if we need more room for draft-eligibles.
Nick has the lottery simulator, but it has definite bugs, including not understanding trades. We will do what we can to get the lottery done. I know that it makes a big difference in some trade conversations, and I apologize for that. I'll be out for tonight at my niece's dance recital (WOOOO!), but I plan on doing more draftees before I go and some more tomorrow during the day.
I hope everybody received the mass email I sent out today to get everybody back to the boards and prepping for the draft. I'll be posting a poll later on about how long we want time limits to be. Or, I may just claim a dictatorship and decide on my own. Either way, you will know within the next couple days.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:54 pm
by Penguin
Congrats on the 5 years! 3 GMs are interested in the league! Should give you a little motivation to put in all this work.

Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:22 pm
by Tuo-SabresGM
June 9th is updated and posted.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:57 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Penguin wrote:Congrats on the 5 years! 3 GMs are interested in the league! Should give you a little motivation to put in all this work.

I just answered you offline.
Also, Matt, have them fill out the applications just so we have something on file for them.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:57 pm
by CapsGM
Tampa Bay GM wrote:This isn't directed to anyone, but respond to your PM's! Even if its quick "no ty" or "not interested" it lets the other guy know he's going to have to look elsewhere.
this
Come on, people. It's blatantly easy for a GM to see if the other GM has checked the message he's received.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:09 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip
File is updated with 30 more European draftees. I believe there are 118 draftees total, so half of the CSB in EHM is real-life draftees now. Ryan has sent me over the list of the 38 players he will be overwriting to include goaltenders. Seems NHL CSB only has 38 goaltenders listed for this year's draft. I still think that's plenty. With 125 NA and 125 Euro skaters, we'll have 288 players spread over 7 rounds (210 picks). The other 78 guys will float around in EHM mediocrity until the WJCs, and then probably be re-written in a few years or fill out AHL rosters.
I'd like any feedback that you guys can give me on what's been done so far. Is the draft too strong? Is there enough variance amongst the players? Etc.
And I agree with Tim. I sent out the mass email yesterday and several of our GMs have just ignored it. ATL will be replaced in the next day or so. DET and ANA are on very thin ice unless they come around today or tomorrow. We have some candidates waiting in the wings. STL also has not been very active in the process so far. So he is also on very thin ice.
I'll be sending a second email tonight or tomorrow to those individuals who have not responded and, if they do not respond, we will go on without them so that the incoming GM has a chance to study the draft before making their selections.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:27 pm
by Jets GM
I still see draftee's like Kelvin Bui, Lex Jelso and Karel Sznak. Those are game-gens right? Do we have a list of real life draftee's so I'm only scouting players irl?
Re: Updates?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:37 pm
by WildGM
Good to see that things are on track. I've been stuck at camp for a good two months, I've had no time do anything lol....sorry about the inactivity.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:47 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
Tampa Bay GM wrote:I still see draftee's like Kelvin Bui, Lex Jelso and Karel Sznak. Those are game-gens right? Do we have a list of real life draftee's so I'm only scouting players irl?
Yes, those are game gen.
Here's the list of real-life draftees so far. The player ID is following. You don't need to worry about that, it's just for our records.
- Taylor Hall: 2900
Tyler Seguin: 939
Kirill Kabanov: 2601
Jack Campbell: 950
Mikael Granlund: 1780
Riley Sheahan: 3265
Brett Connolly: 182
Vladimir Tarasenko: 949
Cam Fowler: 2859
Maxim Kitsyn: 295
Ryan Johansen: 3291
Teemu Pulkkinen: 504
Nick Bjugstad: 3289
Stanislav Galiev: 214
Tyler Toffoli: 343
Jeff Skinner: 1099
Jacob Berglund: 958
Alexander Burmistrov: 607
Ryan Martindale: 956
Joey Hishon: 2860
Jordan Weal: 1035
Emerson Etem: 1013
Tom Kuhnhackl: 579
Nino Niederreiter: 967
Adam Pettersson: 1023
Austin Watson: 1737
Evgeny Kuznetsov: 288
John McFarland: 215
Tyler Pitlick: 1377
Brock Nelson: 1590
Kevin Hayes: 1326
Brandon Gormley: 2313
Ryan Spooner: 966
Steve Shipley: 1027
Ben Duffy: 1025
Ivan Telegin: 1837
Charlie Coyle: 1316
Jonathon Merrill: 1303
Derek Forbort: 3270
Quinton Howden: 1031
Erik Gudbranson: 275
Billy Arnold: 1048
Stephen Silas: 983
Mark Stone: 1036
Mark Pysyk: 930
Dylan McIlrath: 4
Stephen Johns: 1010
Samuel Carrier: 556
Colton Stephenson: 317
Bryce Hagan: 194
Ryley Miller: 1041
Danny Biega: 3380
Cody Castro: 664
Tyler Gron: 2749
Mark Owuya: 3425
Kruise Reddick: 3466
Toni Ritter: 3465
Ilmari Pitkanen: 3464
Nikolai Suslo: 1093
Lukas Stoop: 1781
Jan Piskacek: 231
Sebastien Erixon: 3449
Collin Bowman: 923
Jesse Jyrkkio: 3424
Anton Myllari: 755
Vitaly Karamnov: 493
Calle Jarnkrok: 3470
Ludvig Rensfeldt: 3387
Oscar Lindberg: 3341
Martin Marincin: 3340
Patrik Nemeth: 3335
Alexei Marchenko: 3322
Nikita Zaytsev: 3318
Joonas Donskoi: 3297
Jonathan Johansson: 3140
Vladislav Kartayev: 3133
Victor Ohman: 3130
Nikita Gusev: 3128
Mikael Salmivirta: 3123
Petter Granberg: 3020
Sergei Barbashev: 2989
Mirko Hoefflin: 2986
Bohuml Jank: 2980
Patrick Cehlin: 2979
Alexander Gogolev: 2963
Sebastien Wannstrom: 2953
Johan Alm: 2932
Gaetan Haas: 2920
Sebastien Ottosson: 2917
Joel Vermin: 2846
Artemy Panarin: 2843
Jesper Farth: 2830
Johan Larsson: 2809
Tim Heed: 2805
Tomas Filippi: 2797
Joakim Nordstrom: 2787
Lars Neher: 2761
Yaroslav Alshevsky: 2730
Erik Thorell: 2719
Julius Junttila: 2701
Pavel Kulikov: 2651
Lukas Cingel: 2547
Janos Hari: 2527
Dominik Simcak: 2508
Daniel Gunnarsson: 2505
Andreas Dahlstrom: 2475
Artem Voronin: 2473
Vyacheslav Kulemin: 2426
Daniel Krejci: 2424
David Elsner: 2408
Ricard Blidstrand: 2354
Simon Lof: 2315
Jani Hakanpaa: 2314
Bogdan Kiselevich: 2257
Teemu Rautiainen: 2249
Petr Zamorsky: 2246
Nikolai Nikontsev: 2229
Aleksi Laakso: 2214
Re: Updates?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 pm
by DaveG-Canes
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip
File is updated with 30 more European draftees. I believe there are 118 draftees total, so half of the CSB in EHM is real-life draftees now. Ryan has sent me over the list of the 38 players he will be overwriting to include goaltenders. Seems NHL CSB only has 38 goaltenders listed for this year's draft. I still think that's plenty. With 125 NA and 125 Euro skaters, we'll have 288 players spread over 7 rounds (210 picks). The other 78 guys will float around in EHM mediocrity until the WJCs, and then probably be re-written in a few years or fill out AHL rosters.
I'd like any feedback that you guys can give me on what's been done so far. Is the draft too strong? Is there enough variance amongst the players? Etc.
And I agree with Tim. I sent out the mass email yesterday and several of our GMs have just ignored it. ATL will be replaced in the next day or so. DET and ANA are on very thin ice unless they come around today or tomorrow. We have some candidates waiting in the wings. STL also has not been very active in the process so far. So he is also on very thin ice.
I'll be sending a second email tonight or tomorrow to those individuals who have not responded and, if they do not respond, we will go on without them so that the incoming GM has a chance to study the draft before making their selections.
I'm checking out the real draftees so far, so I'll be able to give you a good sense for how things go in a day or two there. Definitely like that we're running with real players instead of a mix of real and game gens.
edit:
just from looking over the top 30 or so real skaters the biggest standout to me is that Skinner is probably a good bit underrated. Definitely needs a ceilings fix upwards. On the other end I would say Marincin is probably overrated a bit in terms of his offensive ceilings.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:28 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
I think Skinner was in the file before I started messing with it. IIRC, he's had a big jump in the rankings over this past year. It's possible that I may not have touched him at all. I'll take a look. On Marincin, he's 10th in CSB among Euro skaters right now. His OF ceilings may be above his talent level, but I felt that 65 OF and 75 DF was top 25 pick worthy. If you feel like I should go more with 56-58 OF and 80-82 DF, that can certainly be arranged.
Anyway, 15 more Euros to the draft class.
- Pontus Netterberg: 2202
Bernhard Keil: 2199
Iiro Pakarinen: 2195
Arvid Stromberg: 2188
Viktor Svedberg: 2187
Juraj Petro: 2185
Teemu Eronen: 2174
Mauro Jorg: 2131
Gal Koren: 2121
Stanislav Bocharov: 2109
Maxim Berezin: 2098
Nils Andersson: 2087
Lukas Kozak: 2075
Corey Mapes: 2072
Marek Racuk: 2044
File has been updated in advance of tonight's sim.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:12 pm
by CapsGM
Are you going to adjust Kabanov in any way to account for his Moncton/WJC douchebaggery?
Re: Updates?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:25 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
CapsGM wrote:Are you going to adjust Kabanov in any way to account for his Moncton/WJC douchebaggery?
There's not really an attitude marker in EHM, unfortunately, and there's no doubt that the kid has talent. I'm trying to think of a way to reflect his douchebaggery and still keep his talent at a high level. I will probably just lower his consistency and up his greed.
I might take him down a notch from being a mid 80s OF player and a high 60s-low 70s DF player to better reflect where he'll probably get drafted.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:47 pm
by Virtual Jarmo
To those in the bottom 14 of the league standings, Nick and I are going to try and run the draft lottery live at 12 tomorrow in the Cbox. The password is e-h-e-c-c-b-o-x, minus the dashes. So if you want to be there live for the draft lottery, check in at 12 EST tomorrow, 6/19.
Re: Updates?
Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:43 pm
by TorontoGM
Damnnnnn, I gotta work tmw. Go leafs! Haha
Re: Updates?
Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:18 am
by Virtual Jarmo
Nick didn't post, but the file has been updated.