Post by Vik (Habs) »

To Montreal Canadiens:
D Ryan Suter (75)
C Colin Wilson (75)
D Julius Honka (76)

To Nashville Predators:
R Andrei Kostitsyn (67)
2015 ARI 1st round pick

Definitely didn't think trading Kostitsyn would lead to more cap trouble but my team is lacking a stud on the blueline and Suter adds that nicely. And Wilson is a good playmaker who can slot into Kostitsyn's spot in the top 6.

Thanks for the deal.
NashvillePredatorsGM

Re: Montreal - Nashville

Post by NashvillePredatorsGM »

I was looking to add a player to my elite hit&grind line and Kostitsyn should fit in great, he's tremendous sniper with really good two-way ability. Suter was too expensive for me, because I already have Shea Weber and good baseline of D-men youngsters. We have balanced the trade with the 1st round pick in 2015 which seems to be a really strong draft.

Good luck Habs.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

NashvillePredatorsGM wrote:... the 1st round pick in 2015 which seems to be a really strong draft.
Just a gentle reminder that the draftees you're seeing in the file now are NOT the ones that will be there at the draft next year. These are all (most) game-generated fake players, and we will overwrite them with real ones at some point in the spring. But, yes, all indications at this time DO point to a strong draft next year. :)
NashvillePredatorsGM

Post by NashvillePredatorsGM »

I'm aware of that fact. I'm keeping an eye on the OHL, WHL, QMJHL and jr. european leagues and I really think that this draft is going to be really strong.
Commish Bub(NYR)

NashvillePredatorsGM wrote:I'm aware of that fact. I'm keeping an eye on the OHL, WHL, QMJHL and jr. european leagues and I really think that this draft is going to be really strong.
Good good good. I just wanted to make sure everyone was clear that "Antonin Masaryk" wasn't going be around in a few months.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Reviewed, approved, and entered.

Return to “Accepted Trades”