Post by Vik (Habs) »

To Calgary:
C Pavel Zacha (59)
C Fredrik Forsberg (61)
C Trent Fox (61)
2017 T.B 2nd

To Montreal:
D Brian Lee (62)

This would be the other trade referred to in the Ballard deal. Sad day to see my first draft pick (Forsberg) and my safety blanket (Zacha) go and that I'm coughing up a couple more pieces is Julien being cruel and making me overpay. But I need D and I feel a lot better about things going forward with Suter, Lee, and Carlsson as my big three back there. And with three first rounders, I should be able to add some forwards one way or another.

Thanks, Julien. Treat them well.
Calgary.Flames

Re: CGY - MTL

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Even after dealing away two top defensemen the same day, I'm still left with an excellent 1st D pair with Burns and Seabrook.
All those guys played well but I think that what's keeping them from reaching the next level is that they couldn't get the ice time they deserved. They're now looking at more of a 28-30min job.

Adding Zacha and Forsberg should improve things up front. Scoring has not been there at all this year and those 2 guys can play anywhere in my top 9 and produce.
Trent Fox, a former 2nd round pick, and TB's 2nd round pick in this draft were the sweetner that I needed in order to sign off on this.

Good luck Vik.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Re: CGY - MTL

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Approved.

Return to “Accepted Trades”