Stanley Cup Playoffs

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by SharksGM »

I have updated the file to the day before the playoffs start. Playoffs will begin tomorrow, unless anyone has strenuous objections (it starts tomorrow in-game too).

Matchups are:

1. Chicago vs 8. Nashville
2. Dallas vs 7. St. Louis
3. Edmonton vs 6. Arizona
4. Los Angeles vs 5. San Jose (OTL tiebreak)

In the East:

1. Ottawa vs 8. Philadelphia
2. Montreal vs 7. Carolina
3. New York Rangers vs 6. Florida
4. Pittsburgh vs 5. Tampa Bay (W tiebreak)

The first four games for each series are in the schedule. EHM will fuck up subsequent Eastern games, because the East matchups are different from EHM's standings (division winner nonsense), so we'll manually fix those as they come along. Somewhat surprisingly, the West is the same as it would have been without shootouts.

Lastly, the following players were acquired after the trade deadline and are ineligible to play in the playoffs. They have (or will be) removed from their teams' rosters to ensure that they don't play:

Fedor Tyutin
Nikita Gusev (not that it matters since he's injured for months)
Tomas Hertl
Andreas Englund (TBD; forgot about him and assume Dallas won't be playing him anyway)
Ondrej Pavelec (once claim is entered)

If I missed anyone, let me know.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by SharksGM »

Now is a good time to remind y'all that if you want your U20 ELCs to slide (i.e., your AHL underagers), they can't play more than 10 NHL games. That includes the playoffs. So play them in the pros if you want, but you'll burn an ELC year doing so.

Return to “League Memos”