2017 EHEC Entry Draft Rules

Moderator: SharksGM

SharksGM
Site Admin

2017 EHEC Entry Draft Rules

Post by SharksGM »

The 2017 EHEC Entry Draft will begin at 7 PM EST on Sunday, July 9th (tomorrow for most of the world). There will be separate threads for each round in the Entry Draft forum for you to post picks in, plus a Total Draft Results summary thread. When your pick is up, post your choice in the thread for the current round. Feel free to elaborate on how excited you are with your pick or post nothing more than the player's name - it's up to you. League staff will update the threads regularly, but if we've fallen behind a bit on recent picks, you don't have to wait for us once it's your turn. Please limit the threads to pick announcements only - comments on the picks can be made elsewhere.

There are time limits for making each pick, as specified in the rulebook.

1st round -- 12 hours
2nd round -- 12 hours
3rd round -- 8 hours
4th round -- 8 hours
5th round -- 6 hours

If you miss your pick, it will be made automatically as the highest-ranked skater available on this convenient list. Since the list is public, anyone can make the pick once time has expired (in case no league staff are around). If you miss a pick, the rest of your picks will be made automatically until you notify us otherwise.

Orphaned teams (BUF & FLA) will have their teams made by league staff for the first two rounds (which is only two picks - FLA 1st & BUF 2nd), after which they will follow the list.

If you know you aren't going to be available to make your pick, please send a message with your wishlist/instructions to our private accounts and we will announce your pick for you, if necessary.

Any questions?
Bernyhawks

Re: 2017 EHEC Entry Draft Rules

Post by Bernyhawks »

Can we start now instead? :D
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Bernyhawks wrote:Can we start now instead? :D
No, we're starting at 7 PM tomorrow, which is totally what I said originally.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

I've edited your post, Dan.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote:Since the list is public, anyone can make the pick once time has expired (in case no league staff are around).
It just occurred to me that this could be a bad idea. If Team A leaves a list but the league staff ain't around to make the pick, they could have their time expire and someone else make an auto pick instead of whoever's at the top of Team A's list.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

I think we'll be fine. We don't get tons of list and maybe we can send lists to other guys that will most likely be around. I see the potential but I think we'll be fine. I will be here as much as I can.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:
SharksGM wrote:Since the list is public, anyone can make the pick once time has expired (in case no league staff are around).
It just occurred to me that this could be a bad idea. If Team A leaves a list but the league staff ain't around to make the pick, they could have their time expire and someone else make an auto pick instead of whoever's at the top of Team A's list.
If you're worried about this, just post that you've sent a list to myself and Julien and should not be auto'd.

Also I'm on a computer or phone all day long when you EST weirdos are asleep, so it's unlikely that nobody will be around.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Quick update before the draft: Click here

4 hours left!
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

I've tried setting up a chat room... if anyone wants to join.

https://webchat.freenode.net/

channel: ##ehec
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Sorry for the delay but going to take a little time before making my pick. Have had some interesting offers and Washington doesn't seem to be around so we're probably waiting until tomorrow for pick #8 anyways.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Just FYI, Kristians Rubins was mistakenly entered as a forward. He should be a defenseman only (note the horrible faceoff ability). I updated the spreadsheet and the file will be updated after the draft.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Because I don't want to make a new thread to discuss things...

How about them Habs giving up two first rounders to make what could easily end up being the worst pick in the draft? I think Vik has finally lost it.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Exactly what I was thinking. Are you out of your mind? :lol:
Do you have any data or what's your feeling about boosting chances? I know you must've tried that stuff out multiple ways and multiple times. Share with me.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Calgary.Flames wrote:Exactly what I was thinking. Are you out of your mind? :lol:
BLUESGM

Post by BLUESGM »

To be fair, I was considering taking the chance on him at 19. It worked for Carlsson, why not Klostin as well! That said, I didnt spend two firsts...
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

BLUESGM wrote:To be fair, I was considering taking the chance on him at 19. It worked for Carlsson, why not Klostin as well! That said, I didnt spend two firsts...
Just noticed that Carlsson's getting paid less than he ought to. Potential boosters are supposed to have 250k added to their contract.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Vik (Habs) wrote:
BLUESGM wrote:To be fair, I was considering taking the chance on him at 19. It worked for Carlsson, why not Klostin as well! That said, I didnt spend two firsts...
Just noticed that Carlsson's getting paid less than he ought to. Potential boosters are supposed to have 250k added to their contract.
You're making me realize that I totally forgot to announce that this rule was coming off, starting now.
I've updated the rulebook accordingly a week ago but completely forgot about making it public.

In Carlsson's case, his salary will be bumped accordingly,
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Back-to-back D boosters to bolster Flames blue line.

Somewhat odd: I've made two trades to move up/down so far and all 3 selections made with picks from those deals (to this point) have been POT boosters.
BLUESGM

Post by BLUESGM »

In Carlsson's case, his salary will be bumped accordingly,
Well...shit. LOL.
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

http://ehm.fhockey.com/pot.htm

In this post it says that we have to wait 1 full year to see if POT boosters will boost. Is that the case in our league with how we sim and enter the draft?
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Bernyhawks wrote:http://ehm.fhockey.com/pot.htm

In this post it says that we have to wait 1 full year to see if POT boosters will boost. Is that the case in our league with how we sim and enter the draft?
They have to be signed before June 21st (in game) if memory serves (our league or another, doesn't matter). Since we're entering contracts through the players file, if you post to sign them before the sim that goes past that date, they'll have the chance to boost this year.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Boosters can only boost if they're signed. We offer contracts in game and if they accept before the rollover on June... 21st? Then they have a shot. If they sign afterwards they wait another year.
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

SharksGM wrote:

Boosters can only boost if they're signed. We offer contracts in game and if they accept before the rollover on June... 21st? Then they have a shot. If they sign afterwards they wait another year.
Perfect, thanks Dan. Fingers crossed!
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote:We offer contracts in game and if they accept before the rollover on June... 21st? Then they have a shot. If they sign afterwards they wait another year.
viewtopic.php?p=55406#p55406
Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:Actually I'm going to sign them via the file. It's the way we handle all ELCs during the season, so I'm going to do it that way for all contracts later today.
Don't you go changing things on me now.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:

They have to be signed before June 21st (in game) if memory serves (our league or another, doesn't matter). Since we're entering contracts through the players file, if you post to sign them before the sim that goes past that date, they'll have the chance to boost this year.
Every year before last we played the "will he sign" lottery by entering in game. Actually last year was the first time Pat entered ELCs in the file. I suppose it is the most recent precedent but I don't think we ever clarified it. Obviously it's beneficial to enter them in the file directly...
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

SharksGM wrote:
Vik (Habs) wrote:

Every year before last we played the "will he sign" lottery by entering in game. Actually last year was the first time Pat entered ELCs in the file. I suppose it is the most recent precedent but I don't think we ever clarified it. Obviously it's beneficial to enter them in game...
It would be nice to enter all the boosters manually. There must not be many?
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote:Every year before last we played the "will he sign" lottery by entering in game. Actually last year was the first time Pat entered ELCs in the file. I suppose it is the most recent precedent but I don't think we ever clarified it. Obviously it's beneficial to enter them in the file directly...
Well I've already made a rather noteworthy decision based on the belief this was still the way we was doing things. So I'm rather hopeful we're sticking with it.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

For what it's worth, I'm also on the manual signing bandwagon. It's a lot faster to enter all contracts manually than offering in-game and editing to the right amount.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Just noticed there are two Markus Phillipses in the draft.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Vik (Habs) wrote:Just noticed there are two Markus Phillipses in the draft.
Identical twins, obviously.

We'll rename the non-booster to a comparable Swedish defenseman.
VancouverCanucksGM

Post by VancouverCanucksGM »

All of my 2nd round picks are available for future picks. Contact me if interested.
VancouverCanucksGM

Available for future picks.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

MIN is up next followed by WPG. If MIN doesn't make a pick before WPG is ready, the auto pick is Jacob Bryson.
Bernyhawks

Post by Bernyhawks »

On another note, when will we begin the UFA market?
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

Some time after the draft, I guess
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

After the draft and after the re-signing period.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Ivan Korosenkov will be renamed to Vladislav Kara, who's similar enough biographically and doesn't seem to be in the file yet.

If you notice something off with a draft-eligible prospect, please point it out here and not in the actual draft thread. Generally, draftees will stay rated as they are and we'll only change names and birthdays to someone with a similar position and height.
VancouverCanucksGM

All of my remaining picks are available for a 3rd next year or 2019.

Return to “League Memos”