2012 Draft Class & Updates

Moderator: SharksGM

User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Alright, boys. My 18,000 hours (rough estimate) of work on the 2012 draft class is about to begin. I don't intend to put more than maybe 50-100 players in the class before the end of February. The goal here is to give you some sort of baseline for what 1st/2nd round picks will be worth as we get closer to the trade deadline. As it looks right now, the orphaned/vacant teams are holding top ten picks, so it will obviously be hard to pry those picks away from them. Please, reach out to whoever you can to try and fill these teams or at least get in touch with the current GMs.

There are two things I need you to keep in mind as I start adding players to the file:

1. All of these players are subject to change. The CSB mid-term rankings are out and I'll be going off those. If the end-of-season rankings show major declines or drastic improvement, I will alter those players to reflect that. This is why I'm limiting this round of updates to only about 1/3 to 1/5 of the draft eligible players. The legwork will be done, but updates will be required. Certain players will go from not being ranked to being ranked 15th or go from 7th to 48th. Since I have seen only two of these players one or two times (Trouba and Di Guiseppe), I personally have no idea about any of them. All I can do is go off the rankings from scouts, scouting reports and statistics that may or may not be wholly accurate.

Part of me doesn't even want to start this now, but the timing is right to get a head start and the projected first round/early part of second round should remain fairly consistent.

2. Discussion regarding the prospects in the draft and their ratings is fine. If you notice a height typo, alternate position mistake or something, please point that out. But, other than that, please respect my work and my implied knowledge of these players. Since most of what I have to do is guesswork, I do a lot of my hypothesizing based on the player's size, their nationality and the league they're playing in (level of competition, type of league, junior/Euro elite, etc.). None of you are scouts and most of you haven't seen these players more than a couple of times. You really don't know a whole lot more about them than I do. So, please, keep any comments respectful and useful.

Don't be surprised if players take longer to develop. I will try to come up with something, and I'll take suggestions, for how to quicken the development process if kept in juniors, since we will continue to hold fast to our three underager rule.

-----------------

As for some other updates...

First, I need to apologize to all of you. With the holidays and my trip to South Carolina, I have not kept open my lines of communication, especially with my Committee and my webmaster. I also have been somewhat unreachable to all of you. The league has seen the effects of that with trades taking longer to process, a couple of rejected deals, and very few updates. Not to mention, the board discussion has been limited to a small portion of the GM base. Hence the activity rewards thread.

Second, I need to get to a decision on the neutral zone trap. Like I said with the previous poll, the "winner" was no changes, but 2/3 of the votes wanted a change to the current NZT rules and votes were just spread out among the choices. The problem for me is to determine how un-level the playing field is. Every team is currently capable of trapping all four lines if they so desired. Scoring occasionally goes up in EHM as what I believe to be normal variance, but there are teams who are more equipped to trap than others. What Ryan, Tommy, and I need to determine is how much does unrestricted use of the trap help teams more than it hurts others and then base our poll choices on that.

There have been 663 EHEC games simmed, with 3,723 goals scored, or an average of 5.61 per game. For the real life NHL, in 663 games, 3,680 goals scored, or an average of 5.55 per game. Consider that scoring has probably gone down since the NZT craze kicked in and we're still ahead of the NHL in terms of offensive output. That also includes five vacant teams with either computer lines or their GM's last uploaded lines. For as low scoring as games appear to be, those stats surprised me.

Can't think of anything else to add right now. Just looking forward to talking with my Committee and getting back into constant communication with you guys.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Goalie Games Played Update:

Bernier COL 42
MAF TOR 41
Schneider LA 40
Price MTL 40
Lehtonen STL 39
Kiprusoff CGY 39
Pickard NSH 38
Bishop TB 37
Turco DAL 37
Ward CAR 37
Toskala DET 37

Please remember that the goalie games played maximum is 67. Not starts, but appearances. EHM doesn't keep track of just starts. Make sure you leave yourself a cushion in case your backup gets pulled in a game.

About to check salary cap numbers.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Payrolls tabulated include pro-rated salaries from January trades.

ANA: 38,820,033 (Pavelski, Burmistrov, Gionta inj.)
WPG: 57,393,750 (Prust, Brouwer inj.; buyouts)
BOS: 57,542,500
BUF: 54,892,857
CGY: 46,142,499 (Phaneuf inj; White buyout)
CAR: 57,217,500 (Kostopoulos, Pulkkinen inj., Krajicek buyout)
CHI: 53,852,042 (Sharp inj; Bolland buyout)
COL: 54,496,459 (O'Reilly inj.; Pokulok buyout)
CBJ: 50,635,000 (Halpern inj.)
DAL: 56,882,975
DET: 51,180,933 (Richards, Lombardi inj., buyouts)
EDM: 52,368,750 (Nilsson inj., Khabibulin, Samuelsson buyouts)
FLA: 49,069,999 (Weiss, Granlund inj.; Reinprecht buyout)
LA: 57,867,708
MIN: 43,182,083 (Pysyk, Antropov, PMB inj.)
MTL: 53,768,750
NYI: 43,183,749
NYR: 54,348,851 (Sutherby, Clark inj.; Kotalik, Modin buyouts)
NSH: 54,878,333 (Geoffrion inj; Mitchell buyout)
NJ: 55,273,334 (Kovalchuk, Fowler inj.)
OTT: 54,400,000 (Kadri inj.)
PHI: 52,257,679
PHX: 50,400,000
PIT: 49,420,833
SJ: 54,200,000 (Radulov, Barker inj.)
STL: 52,597,670 (Toivonen buyout)
TB: 55,183,750 (Sneep inj.; Jagr buyout.)
TOR: 43,197,917 (Ryan inj.; buyouts)
VAN: 49,522,500
WSH: 52,194,918 (Jokinen, Steckel, Bittner, Panarin inj.)
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
SharksGM
Site Admin
Posts: 9207
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by SharksGM »

Not to be anal about this (I am going to be anal about this, sorry), but are teams retaining half of the cap hits for players they trade away before the deadline?

The thing with pro-rated salaries is that the NHL allows you to, say, spend half of the season $5 million under the cap and then $5 million over the cap. In that scenario you'd have $10 million in cap space halfway through the season, but only because you spent half of it under the cap.

If you only pro-rate salaries for the players you receive, you can spend the entire season just under the cap, then trade away a $4 million dollar player for an $8 million star (pro-rated to $4) and still be under the cap after the deadline. The way it's intended to work is if you have $2 million in cap space halfway through the season, you can swap your $4 million dollar player for an $8 million dollar player and spend the rest of the season $2 million over the cap. But you can't do that unless you actually spent half of the season under the cap.
Femur

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Femur »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:... please, keep any comments respectful and useful...
does this apply to comments about prospect Tommy Kennish? maybe a little leniency could be applied in this circumstance.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

First, let me simplify what Dan is explaining. In the NHL, a pro-rated trade salary means only cash money. The cap hit does not change. In EHEC, the cap hit does change. For just the remainder of this season.

Here's what Dan is saying regarding EHEC trades:

Let's say that NYI traded Brad Richards to SJ for SJ's 2nd round pick. Straight up.

NHL: In the NHL, Brad Richards cap hit would remain 6.5M and the San Jose Sharks ownership would owe him $3.25M cash (the Islanders would have already paid him 3.25M for the first half of the season).

EHEC: Brad Richards cap hit would become 3.25M to the Sharks for the rest of this season.

Interpretation of EHEC Rule: New York is no longer responsible for any of Brad Richards's contract. Therefore, New York would gain 6.5M in cap space.

Dan's point: His argument is that the money already "paid" to the player for the first half of the season simply vanishes with no penalty to the player's previous team. NYI would get a full 6.5M in cap space, even though they already had Richards for half of the season.

That is not the way the rule is intended. We are using cap hits as money because we are not paying these players real money. Basically, the portion of Richards's salary that would already be paid stays with his previous team and counts against the cap.

Each team is responsible for a percentage of the cap hit for the player that they acquire and a percentage of the cap hit for the player that they trade away.

Our rule on pro-rated trades, with NYI's Brad Richards as the example player:

Code: Select all

Team       Month     Percentage
New York   January     50%
New York   February    67%
New York   March       84%

San Jose   January     50%
San Jose   February    33%
San Jose   March       16%
So, take Brad Richards from the hypothetical trade above.

In a January trade, BOTH teams would be responsible for 50% of Brad Richards contract. New York would be responsible for the first half and would have "traded" the second half to San Jose. The Brad Richards cap hit for both teams would be $3.25M.

If New York's salary cap was 50M on January 2, and Richards was traded on January 3, their total salary cap would be 46.75M after the trade.

If San Jose's salary cap was 50M on January 2, and Richards was traded to them on January 3, their total salary cap would be 53.25M after the trade.

In a February trade, New York would be responsible for approximately 2/3 of the season. Their cap hit on Brad Richards would be 67% (4.355M) and San Jose would have been traded the remaining 33% (2.145M)

If New York's salary cap was 50M on February 2, and Richards was traded on February 3, their total salary cap would be 47.855M after the trade.

If San Jose's salary cap was 50M on February 2, and Richards was traded on February 3, their total salary cap would be 52.145M after the trade.

Similar with a March trade, using 84% and 16%.


I know this is a little confusing and I tried to explain it in the simplest way I could. Think of it like buyouts. Trading a player in January would be like a remainder-of-season 50% buyout of his contract. In February, a remainder-of-season 67% buyout. In March, a remainder-of-season 84% buyout.

The reason this is drastically different from the NHL is because the NHL has rules and provisions that allow teams to go over the salary cap late in the year if they were under the salary cap for the first half of the season. We do not have that rule. We have this alternate rule instead. The NHL rule regarding going over the salary cap would be even more confusing because every team would have a different salary cap maximum and would lose cap space for the following season and all sorts of other confusion.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Femur wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:... please, keep any comments respectful and useful...
does this apply to comments about prospect Tommy Kennish? maybe a little leniency could be applied in this circumstance.
It does not apply to prospect or actual human Tommy Kennish.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
CapsGM

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by CapsGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:In the NHL, a pro-rated trade salary means only cash money.
Image
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Quick note: Tonight's sim will probably be done around midnight. Heading out for a few hours here shortly. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Few notes as I get started.

I'm going to use the NHL CSB measurements for these players. In the case of in between heights regarding hitting ceilings, for example, Ryan Murray at 6' 0.5", I will round up, same with players who are 5' 11.25". There's a decent chance that the majority of these kids are done growing, but I'm going to round up because nobody gets shorter until they're old and decrepit.

Because NHL CSB doesn't have any individual player profiles yet, I'll be taking the birthdates, handedness and nationality from a stickied thread on HFBoards. It's easy to read and all in one place. If anybody notices something wrong, please let me know.

These are based off the mid-season rankings, and of course I'll have to add some guys to the list. I reserve the right to edit or alter any of these players based on the NHL CSB end-of-season rankings. Some guys, like Kabanov last year, will drop far down the list by end-of-season. Others will climb up the list. There isn't a lot of consensus this year past Yakupov, so there could be quite a bit of movement. I like the idea of having some difference between the two draft classes, but I also wouldn't want an 83rd ranked guy at mid-season climb to 12th at end-of-season and still be a 6 POT player here.

Finally, from last year's rewards for writing a draft recap, the New York Islanders have the 211th pick of the draft. Just wanted to remind him of that.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Islanders

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Islanders »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Finally, from last year's rewards for writing a draft recap, the New York Islanders have the 211th pick of the draft. Just wanted to remind him of that.
oh yeah
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Very slow progress on the draft class. As in 8 players. I have to constantly click from tab-to-tab to get the information I need because the NHL CSB has no player profiles. So it's pissing me off. Also, it's really hard for me to do additional guesswork on these players based on rankings 6 months before they'll be drafted.

I probably need to let go and stop being such a perfectionist, but I'm pretty sure everything else about EHEC shows I am a perfectionist.

Anyway, I'll advance the file tonight, hopefully after adding a few more draftees. Might be in my best interest to get the goaltenders out of the way first, which is what I might do beginning next Monday. Otherwise, I'll keep plugging away and hope to have the top 20-25 NA CSB and maybe the few Euros expected to go in the first round. Very North American-heavy draft yet again.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Calgary.Flames

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I probably need to let go and stop being such a perfectionist, but I'm pretty sure everything else about EHEC shows I am a perfectionist.
True dat.
Femur

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Femur »

Calgary.Flames wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I probably need to let go and stop being such a perfectionist, but I'm pretty sure everything else about EHEC shows I am a perfectionist.
True dat.

this would be an understatement
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Femur wrote:
Calgary.Flames wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I probably need to let go and stop being such a perfectionist, but I'm pretty sure everything else about EHEC shows I am a perfectionist.
True dat.

this would be an understatement
Can't set a standard and then slack off with it.

That's why I don't play hockey anymore. I can't play at the level I used to, which wasn't all that high to begin with, but it was competent enough to enjoy the game.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

No upload tonight. I've got 17 draftees in the file and I'm going to re-evaluate them tomorrow afternoon. I'll upload in the early evening hours prior to the real-life skills competition.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Sorry boys. Got sidetracked the last couple of days.

Will likely add a few draftees tonight and then sim around 10. Hoping to add some on Monday, the goal is to get the top 30 or so, basically the first round, before games start back up on Tuesday.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Commish Bub(NYR)
Posts: 6507
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Maine

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Np, Adam. Just make sure to add those crazy Euros from the junior worlds.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just throwing this out there, next year, I think I'll let the final four GMs in the playoffs pick the All-Star teams. Cup winner/runner-up pick the forwards, EC/WC runner-ups pick the D and goalies.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Again, as I said above, I reserve the right to edit/alter any of these players prior to the draft, with a reasonable amount of time in between the final class and the draft.

I don't intend to do a lot of changing. There could definitely be some changes once CSB's end-of-season rankings come out.

In the file so far:

Nail Yakupov
Mikhail Grigorenko
Ryan Murray
Radek Faksa
Morgan Rielly
Olli Maataa
Mathew Dumba
Griffin Reinhart
Jacob Trouba
Derrick Pouliot
Brendan Gaunce
Zemgus Girgensons
Stefan Matteau
Colton Sissons
Matthew Finn
Cody Ceci
Slater Koekkoek
Brady Skjei
Daniil Zharkov
Gemel Smith
Jarrod Maidens
Tanner Pearson
Scott Kosmachuk
Andreas Athanasiou
Martin Frk
Filip Forsberg
Sebastien Collberg

27 players. Top 25 NA and top 2 Euro skaters. Will try to add some more tomorrow before I hand it over to Tommy for Tuesday night's 13-game sim.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Added 7 more

Tomas Hertl
Pontus Aberg
Ville Pokka
Hampus Lindholm
Teuvo Teravainen
Ludvik Bystrom
Nikolai Prokhorkin

Probably will be it for tonight.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Going to work on some salary cap numbers now. What a fucking pain in the ass this is. I hate myself.

Will post when done.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
GM Office Q
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by GM Office Q »

Image
Parker

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Parker »

$15M in cap space AND near the top of the standings. :D

/brag
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Gotten a few questions about contracts.

I'm going to do them a little bit earlier this year, using a small timeframe just like last year because of the way the formula works. Last year, we had them posted during the Stanley Cup Finals. I may separate them this year with non-playoff teams before that and playoff teams together at one time.

Realizing that we're going to wind up with a shit-ton of guys making around the same amount and not many guys going up above 5M. Future salary caps may reflect that.

Got EHM going on my much faster laptop running the EHEC Fastsim file now. Will sim ahead to the end of the 2014 season or playoffs for contract purposes. Again, not all guys develop fully because of the stupid CPU training methods.

If anybody has a question or suggestion for improving the process, let me know. I've gotten some requests to calculate salaries for guys who may want to trade players at the deadline. If you PM me those, I'll get to them as soon as I can.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I'm going to make Parker and Bub feel old right now.

I just added Par Djoos's kid to the draft class.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Commish Bub(NYR)
Posts: 6507
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Maine

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I'm going to make Parker and Bub feel old right now.

I just added Par Djoos's kid to the draft class.
:lol:

Djoos had a sweet Strat-O-Matic card for my 90-91 Detroit Red Wings team. I remember that team had a pretty sweet defensive forward line -- Johan Garpenlov, Dave Barr, and Shawn Burr. Ah, memories....
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bub(NYR) wrote:Djoos had a sweet Strat-O-Matic card for my 90-91 Detroit Red Wings team. I remember that team had a pretty sweet defensive forward line -- Johan Garpenlov, Dave Barr, and Shawn Burr. Ah, memories....
No Gerard Gallant? 80 points AND 254 PIM in the 89-90 season.

I just remember playing the original NHL Hockey for PC on the old Packard Bell 486 with Windows Navigator that we had in the dining room. Had that and Mortal Kombat played with a Gravis pad to go along with Where in the U.S.A is Carmen Sandiego, Super Munchers, Wolfenstein 3D and Hugo's House of Horrors.

Never played Strat-O. Cleveland sports forum I'm on has a retro Strat-O league. I'd play if it wasn't $60 to get in.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Sucks to overwrite Svatopluk Tesnohledek. Sounds like a character in Femur's favorite show Svetlana.

But, he was also 5'6" 160 and 43 POT 43 CON.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Commish Bub(NYR)
Posts: 6507
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Maine

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Gallant didn't play much that year due to injuries. But he had some awesome cards before then. Gallant, Ogrodnick, a young Stevie Y....I always used to pick the Wings in leagues with my friends. Whalers too, and pre-Mario Penguins. I had a thing for bad teams.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Small handful of draftees. Hope to add 10-15 or so tomorrow.

Mikko Vainonen
Esa Lindell
Christian Djoos
Anton Slepyshev
Vyacheslav Osnovin
Valeri Vasiliev
Mike Winther
Nicolas Kerdiles
Phillip Di Giuseppe
Michael Matheson
Dalton Thrower
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
SharksGM
Site Admin
Posts: 9207
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by SharksGM »

Christian Juice? That's the best his dad could come up with? His friends had better nickname him 'Grapes'.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just Alexander Galchenyuk and Cristoval Nieves in tonight's class update. Didn't get done what I wanted to get done. My apologies.

Will post February activity rewards tomorrow.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

No draftees, here's the updated win totals. Regulation wins, (Total wins), points. Standings changes from EHM's standings are italicized.

WPG: 32 (36) 76
PIT: 32 (34) 74
BOS: 24 (28) 64
CAR: 30 (35) 73
WSH: 28 (33) 71
NYR: 26 (32) 70
MTL: 27 (30) 62
PHI: 24 (26) 58
------------
BUF: 22 (24) 58
TB: 20 (26) 56
TOR: 23 (24) 49
NJ: 20 (23) 48
FLA: 19 (20) 43
OTT: 16 (18) 40
NYI: 15 (16) 37


CBJ: 35 (36) 79
PHX: 34 (36) 75
CGY: 30 (33) 71
LA: 33 (36) 73
SJ: 29 (34) 71
EDM: 20 (26) 64
STL: 26 (30) 63
CHI: 24 (28) 63
--------
NSH: 22 (27) 59
COL: 20 (22) 51
ANA: 21 (21) 49
DET: 19 (22) 49

VAN: 21 (23) 48
DAL: 18 (18) 43
MIN: 13 (17) 39
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
SharksGM
Site Admin
Posts: 9207
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by SharksGM »

I just wanted to note that a lot of recent draftees seem to be developing their way into 60+ fighting and, well, fighting a lot. Like I just noticed Tomas Filippi has 9 fights and in fastsims Klefbom punches his way to 100+ PIM every season. So maybe prospects should get ~50 ish fighting ceilings unless they're really intended to be fighters... it looks like 60+ fighting is enough to drop the gloves regularly regardless of PE rating.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SharksGM wrote:I just wanted to note that a lot of recent draftees seem to be developing their way into 60+ fighting and, well, fighting a lot. Like I just noticed Tomas Filippi has 9 fights and in fastsims Klefbom punches his way to 100+ PIM every season. So maybe prospects should get ~50 ish fighting ceilings unless they're really intended to be fighters... it looks like 60+ fighting is enough to drop the gloves regularly regardless of PE rating.
I'll have to look in to it. I noticed that Connor Brickley fights a ton.

I'll have to start lowering the fighting ceilings unless I want a guy who will fight a little.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Parker

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Parker »

It's not just the guy's fighting attribute that determines how much he fights; it's also how many other fighters there are on the team. In the first season, Vandermeer and Jovanovski fought a lot because there just weren't any other scrappers in the lineup. Other than Doan, but he won't drop the gloves because the universe would literally be torn apart by his fighting skills.

Anyhoo, last year with Laraque in the lineup, neither of those guys fought. Even if Laraque didn't drop the gloves it was usually one of my other 4th liners like Stone or Winnik. I guess what I'm saying is it's worth looking at the rest of the roster; if these guys with 60-ish FI are dropping the gloves a lot, it might just be that there's nobody else on the team willing to do it.

One other thing to note is that if a low FI attribute guy spends very much time in the AHL, his fighting automatically bumps to 40. When he's up with the pro team it sometimes slowly dips back down but sometimes it just stays at 40 for his whole career.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:I guess what I'm saying is it's worth looking at the rest of the roster; if these guys with 60-ish FI are dropping the gloves a lot, it might just be that there's nobody else on the team willing to do it.
Maybe it's just a fighting slider issue. Could always take it down. It's not like there are that many fights in the NHL anyway.

I think that there's one...
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Updated Goalie Games Played Numbers

Name/Games Played/Games Remaining

Giguere/54/21
Price/53/20
Bishop/51/21
Fleury/51/21
Schneider/51/21
Lehtonen/50/20
Bernier/50/20
Kiprusoff/50/21
Luongo/49/20
Nabokov/49/23
Lundqvist/49/23
Varlamov/48/21
Pickard/48/22
Mason/48/21
Helenius/47/22

These are the goaltenders who will need to have their games played monitored. The rest are safe. Remember that the maximum games played is 67. Keep in mind, that means games played, not games started. So, you would be wise to make sure that you have a one-game cushion in case the backup shits the bed.


Also, Monday's EHEC Trade Deadline is 11 pm EST. Please try to have all trades posted by 11 pm EST. I realize we may have late negotiations, so I will probably give a small grace period, but nothing more than maybe 10 minutes.

I'll post links to the main page deadline chats on Monday morning. The NHL Trade Deadline chat will run from 11 am EST to probably around 3:30 or 4 pm EST, since some deals do get announced later. The EHEC Trade Deadline chat will probably run from about 8 pm-11:30 pm EST or so.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Shootout wins (as of 4/5/12):

ANA iiii (4)
WPG iiii (4)
BOS iiii (4)
BUF ii (2)
CGY iii (3)
CAR iiiiii (6)
CHI iiiii (5)
COL iii (3)
CBJ iiii (4)
DAL ii (2)
DET iii (3)
EDM iiiiiii (7)
FLA iii (3)
LA iiiiii (6)
MIN iiiii (5)
MTL iii (3)
NYI iiiiii (6)
NYR iiiiiiii (8)
NSH iiiiiii (7)
NJ iiiii (5)
OTT iiii (4)
PHI iiiii (5)
PHX iiii (4)
PIT iii (3)
SJ iiiiii (6)
STL iiii (4)
TB iiiiii (6)
TOR i (1)
VAN iiiiii (6)
WSH iiiiii (6)

Updated standings w/ ROW
East:
PIT 115/50
WPG 113/49
BOS 100/41
WSH 113/47
CAR 109/44
NYR 100/39
MTL 97/43
PHI 88/36
---------------------
BUF 87/35
TB 84/32
FLA 74/30
NYI 69/26
NJ 67/27
TOR 61/29
OTT 52/20

West:
SJ 116/50
CBJ 111/47
CGY 107/47
LA 114/50
PHX 112/49
CHI 94/37
NSH 89/34
STL 87/38
----------------
VAN 86/35
ANA 81/32
EDM 80/24
DET 64/25
DAL 61/23
COL 58/22
MIN 52/18
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Standings updated.

Pacific Division Champ/#4/#5 seed
Tiebreaker #2, if ROW is tied (The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.):

SJ
v. LA: 11/7: W 4-2 ; 11/28: L 1-2 ; 12/23: L 1-3 ; 3/20: L 2-4 ; 4/5: L 0-4; 4/7 TBD (2/10 points; 1 gm remaining)
v. PHX: 10/8: W 5-4; 11/12: L 3-5 ; 2/4: L 1-2 ; 3/10: W 3-2 ; 3/24: L 3-4 (SO) ; 3/29: L 1-3 (5/12 points)

PHX
v. SJ: 10/8: L 4-5; 11/12: W 5-3 ; 2/4: W 2-1 ; 3/10: L 2-3 ; 3/24: W 4-3 (SO) ; 3/29: W 3-1 (8/12 points)
v. LA: 10/20: W 4-2 ; 10/29: W 4-0 ; 12/26: L 2-4 ; 1/5: L 2-3 (OT) ; 2/16: L 2-4 ; 2/21: W 4-2 (7/12 points)

LA
v. SJ: 11/7: L 2-4 ; 11/28: W 2-1 ; 12/23: W 3-1 ; 3/20: W 4-2 ; 4/5: W 4-0; 4/7: TBD (8/10 points; 1 gm remaining)
v. PHX: 10/20: L 2-4 ; 10/29: L 0-4 ; 12/26: W 4-2 ; 1/5: W 3-2 (OT) ; 2/16: W 4-2 ; 2/21: L 2-4 (6/12 points)

Playoff scenarios:
San Jose clinches Pacific Division if: Win v. LA (4/7)
Phoenix clinches Pacific Division if: Win v. STL (4/6) & v. MIN (4/7) AND SJ loss v. LA (4/7)
Los Angeles clinches Pacific Division if: Win v. SJ (4/7) & PHX loss to either STL or MIN

#1 seed Eastern Conference
Tiebreaker #2, if ROW tied (The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.)

Head-to-head PIT v. WPG
10/17: 3-1 WPG; 12/23: 2-1 PIT; 2/11: 3-0 PIT; 3/20: 3-1 PIT; Season series 3-1 PIT, earned 6/8 possible points.

Playoff scenarios:
Pittsburgh has clinched #1 seed regardless of Saturday outcome.

Winnipeg wins SE Division with win over TB.

Washington wins Southeast Division and #2 seed with win @ NYR AND Winnipeg loss v. TB.

#8 seed in Eastern Conference:

If Buffalo and Philly tied in points and ROW, tiebreaker #2:

11/2: 3-2 (OT) BUF; 12/7: 3-2 (SO) PHI; 2/16: 5-3 BUF ; 4/5: 3-2 (SO) PHI (Buffalo leads season series points 6 to 5)
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Gonna hammer out my NHL Playoff Preview real quick for the website I write for and then it's time to get started on this shit. I've also come up with a raffle reward, so that'll be done today too.

1. Edit the file to include VAN/EDM Game 82.

2. Create AHL playoff file.

3. Exhibit 5 bonuses to non-playoff teams.

4. Announce contract extension window to post contracts to players (guys, please don't forget about AHL players; will act in best interest of VAN, DAL, STL).

5. Sim up to day before playoffs.


I cannot mirror the NHL schedule with the playoffs because all 3 Committee members play on the same day (Thurs, Sat). I can mix it up and go two West and two East each day. Or just leave it the way that EHM does it. If I leave it the way EHM does it, I will sim every Eastern Conf. day, Tommy and Ryan will alternate my games.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
SharksGM
Site Admin
Posts: 9207
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by SharksGM »

Poor Adam. Even if one of the other two simmers gets bounced in the first round, you're still stuck doing most of the 4-game Eastern Conference sims.

On the other hand, judging by my test sim results the West will involve lots of activating St Louis players from day-to-day injuries.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Alright, so in order to play two conference games per night and at least attempt to mirror the NHL schedule, I'll be updating the schedule this way:

Wednesday
#1E Pittsburgh v. #8E Philly
#2E Winnipeg v. #7E Montreal
#3W Calgary v. #6W Chicago
#4W Los Angeles v. #5W Phoenix

Thursday
#3E Boston v. #6E New York Rangers
#4E Washington v. #5E Carolina
#2W Columbus v. #7W Nashville
#1W San Jose v. #8W St. Louis

We'll just go back and forth like this with no off days. So, if you play Wednesday, you play Friday, Sunday, Tuesday and then I'll manually edit the schedule if necessary. If you play Thursday, you play Saturday, Monday, Wednesday, etc.

I'll sim every other day, beginning tomorrow night, Ryan and Tommy will alternate my games.

Updated playoff schedule + file will be uploaded shortly.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

EHEC file is updated.

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip

Please view the AHL Playoffs Thread for instructions on how to get the AHL Playoffs file up and running.

Just realized I have to edit the dates for the AHL playoffs. The real ones don't begin until April 18 or so, ours will begin Thursday. Get the current file set up and then it'll just be the regular AHL.zip savefile by tomorrow night.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Calgary.Flames

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I'll sim every other day, beginning tomorrow night, Ryan and Tommy will alternate my games.
No more late sims. Yeaahhh. 8-)
No offense Tommy boy.
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Had to backtrack the file to enter the instructions that I completely neglected, mostly extra practices.

Extra practice schedule:
Calgary 4/8
Phoenix 4/9
Washington 4/10
Montreal (after game) 4/11

That covers everybody who asked.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
CapsGM

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by CapsGM »

Calgary.Flames wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:I'll sim every other day, beginning tomorrow night, Ryan and Tommy will alternate my games.
No more late sims. Yeaahhh. 8-)
No offense Tommy boy.

Image
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

About to go through and do Exhibit 5 bonuses for non-playoff teams.

Keep in mind, max of 8 per player, each bonus can only be reached one. $250k per bonus.

Master list is still in the Contract Offers forum. To remind you who is eligible, players who were 25 or under when signed after EHEC started (Sept 2009) and the 2010 Draft Class.

For the 2010 Draft Class, they can receive E5 bonus money up to what their 2011 draft slot salary would have been. So, for example, a 2010 fourth rounder can go from the $400,000 base that most are listed at to up to $800,000 if picked 91-105, $750,000 if picked 106-120.

If a 2010 Draft Class player is a POT booster receiving E5 bonuses, their max salary is their draft slot + the additional $250,000 for being a booster.

For goaltenders: median GAA = 2.67; median sv% = .886, median shutouts = 3

For goaltenders to be included in calculation and be eligible for GAA/SV%/SO bonuses, must have played 25 games.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
User avatar
Virtual Jarmo
Posts: 8716
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH
Contact:

Re: 2012 Draft Class & Updates

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

25/30 teams are done for E5. Salary hasn't been added to the file, but they have had their E5 bonuses compiled. I'll be deleting the first post in that thread after I get done using it for reference.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Post Reply

Return to “League Memos”