Retirement

Moderator: SharksGM

Admin

Retirement

Post by Admin »

A. Retirement System
At the start of a new season, all players set to retire will have their retirement flags removed.

At the end of a season, 175 players will be set to retire in the following order, based on their ages as of September 16 in that year, and their contract status:

1) Players age 42+
2) Players age 37+ still unsigned (likely decliners)
4) Players age 30+ with expiring contracts in order of increasing OV by primary 6 attributes only (likely to start or already vopatizing)
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: Retirement

Post by SharksGM »

Note the simplifications to the retirement system.

I reserve the right to fix obvious errors/oversights.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: Retirement

Post by SharksGM »

Admin wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:25 pm At the end of a season, 175 players will be set to retire in the following order:

1) Players age 42+
2) Players age 40+ with expiring contracts
3) Players age 36+ still unsigned
4) Players age 32+ with expiring contracts in order of increasing OV (primary 6 attributes only)
SharksGM wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:15 pm Note the simplifications to the retirement system.

I reserve the right to fix obvious errors/oversights.
I'm going to amend this because as Ty pointed out, it doesn't really make sense to force good 40+ year old players to retire when their rights might still have value. Also, it would mean that a 39-year-old signed to a 2-year deal would play an extra season whereas a one-year deal would force them to retire.

New rules will be in the OP.

Return to “Rulebook”