5QF - 03/04/11

Moderator: SharksGM

Penguin

5QF - 03/04/11

Post by Penguin »

1. Who do you think will win the EHEC cup this year?
2. What hockey stick do you currently play with? Flex, curve, etc.
3. Do you think the Montreal Canadiens have a shot at the Stanley Cup in the NHL?
4. Which bottom feeder team in the EHEC will become a threat next year?
5. Do you follow any teleseries lately?
Last edited by Penguin on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bruins

Re: 5QF - 03/04/11

Post by Bruins »

SJ, CAR, BOS, PHX, TB

2. What hockey stick do you play with currently? Flex, curve, etc.
I use broken blades mostly. 110 flex shaft which is old probably only a 100 flex now. I use this Warrior one piece pro stock which is insanely stiff (must be 130lb.). Synergy 2 shaft is one of the best shafts I've ever used. As far as blades, I can get used to just about anything but I prefer something straight like Fedorov-Warrior or Forsberg-Easton. Backhands and passing by far most important traits with a stick.

3. Do you think the Montreal Canadiens have a shot at the Stanley Cup in the NHL?
Absolutely not. First time they didn't win a cup during a decade in forever during the 00's. It's going to go another 10 years.

Nashville might not make the playoffs, which would be a shame. I can't imagine Minnesota being worse next year.

5. Have you been following the prospects for the 2011 NHL draft?
Not really, Couturier looks like the #1. Adam Larsson #2, then Nugent-Hopkins, Namestinikov, V Ohman. Victor Rask and G Marian Rucinsky look like some good ones.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Either Carolina or San Jose.

Just bought a Synergy SE2, Iginla curve, 85 flex, right handed shot. I had a long time Bauer shaft that broke at open a few weeks ago. Blade's still in tact. I could have put an extension on the handle side, but decided I'd rather get a new stick. Making passes is so much different cause I'm used to no flex. Shot seemed harder, though.

No. Not enough size on the top line and not enough depth on D. They're going to get beaten into submission by somebody in a long series.

Easy. Atlanta. Money to spend on improving the forwards, and Pietrangelo-Gormley-Forbort-Bogosian may be the best top 4 D in the league by midseason.

Plenty. Shameless on Showtime is awesome. Also watch sitcoms like Rules of Engagement, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and watch reality type shows like Top Chef, I Shouldn't Be Alive, Deadliest Catch. Once it comes back on, I'll watch Dexter again. Just got seasons 1 and 2 of Entourage from the library, so I'll be giving that show a try. Going to try Breakout Kings on A&E this week because it's from the creators of Prison Break and that was an awesome show.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Me!

Broke 2 sticks this year, now playing with a Reebok10K. Got it for dirt cheap(90$), from a friend that works at a sports store. Ben Maxwell curve. It's the first time I play with an 85flex instead of a 100flex. I like it tons more for my wrister, but my slapshot from the point is harder to control.

Anything can happen, but odds are they won't. Gorges and Markov would have made a huge difference!

Adam beat me to it. Atlanta for sure. They might also have a top 5 pick in this year's draft.

It's a tradition to watch the Bachelor with the gf... And, I recently got into The Defenders! Sick show.

(Boston, I edited the 5th question as you posted! :) )
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

1. Tampa Bay will repeat.
2. Warrior.
3. Not a chance.
4. New Jersey Devils.
5. The Big Bang Theory, The Office.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

AvsGM wrote:4. New Jersey Devils.
NJ's only 9 points out of 8th in the East. I wouldn't call them a bottom feeder.

And you're the only one on the boards who has some kind of idea what the hell they're talking about on Big Bang Theory when they're being all scientific.

I mostly just watch for Kaley Cuoco (and it's a hilarious show).
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:NJ's only 9 points out of 8th in the East. I wouldn't call them a bottom feeder.
Fair enough. Atlanta's another nice option with that previously mentioned core of defensemen, though they are only two spots down from New Jersey in the Eastern Conference.
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:And you're the only one on the boards who has some kind of idea what the hell they're talking about on Big Bang Theory when they're being all scientific.
:lol: Sometimes - they usually make fun of my future profession, though!
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

1. Who do you think will win the EHEC cup this year? TB would be my 1st choice :roll:, after that CAR or CLB.

2. What hockey stick do you currently play with? Some cheesy Crosby composite, its about to snap.

3. Do you think the Montreal Canadiens have a shot at the Stanley Cup in the NHL? Yes, the Price is right. Seriously, everyone laughed at me in my fantasy pool when I took him. Look who's laughing now, kid is a stud and has something to prove to all the haters.

4. Which bottom feeder team in the EHEC will become a threat next year? Toronto or Colorado, getting Doughty is huge for COL and neither play in a really tough division like the SE/Pacific.

5. Do you follow any teleseries lately? New season of High Stakes Poker just started, and the Office. PAD and the Big Game are fun to watch to.
Most recent file here.
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Tough to say, in EHM it's usually the team who's playing the best no matter what. (Similar to real life). I've seen in past the 8th seed's win cups just because they go on a huge tear to get into the playoffs. So, I would say any team that makes the playoffs besides Montreal and Vancouver (if they make it).

2. What hockey stick do you currently play with?

Whatever's on-sale at Sport Check :)

Sure they do. They have a shot, it's just not a legitimate one. Price is good for sure, but he'll have to carry the team Halak style for them to do it.

Will become a threat? Hey, I think most of the bottom feeders are already a threat since my team loves to lose to them. Atlanta does look good.

I have watched a couple of the episodes of The Chicago Code. I also watched Human Target, but now the season is over. Love the office, but I always miss the new one's so I have to wait for it on DVD/Blu Ray. I've heard Justified is good. Either than that, I'll sometimes watch CSI Miami or the Law & Order SVU one if I'm with nothing else to do at the time.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Carolina

I have three, two are light and have good flex when I play forward but I mainly play D so I use a stiffer Crosby Reebok Comp

No, two small.(Height wise and in the pants)

.....Atlanta or Colorado, unlike me their GM's know what their doing.

Teleseries? hahaha Boardwalk Empire, The Office, Community, Parks and Recreation, House and pretty much ANYTHING on HBO.
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

Phoenix, I'm expecting big things from Mr. Doan.

Have a Sherwood stick with a Coffey blade in the garage. Unfortunately, I can barely skate let alone play hockey.

No, I like the Flyers (again) in the East, especially if the goaltending holds up.

Welcome to Atlanta where the playas play.. If it's possible to be a threat as the 4th place club.

All sorts of membership cards will be revoked here, but Glee (love me some Lea Michele) and sadly Jersey Shore.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Hahahahaha, I forgot to mention Jersey Shore BITCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

TorontoGM wrote:Hahahahaha, I forgot to mention Jersey Shore BITCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Can't fucking wait to see Ronnie's reaction to those text messages... BUSTED
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

That show should have never, ever been aired onto TV.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

1. Carolina/Boston vs San Jose/St. Louis
2. Whatever wooden stick is cheap at Canadian Tire. I believe I have a few Stastny ones. No clue on the flexes.
3. I won't say no shot, but they're not one of the top 5 in the East for a good reason.
4. Colorado's probably due for a turnaround.
5. Parks and Rec, Community, Archer, Mad Men. Conan's not really a teleseries so much as it a programme.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

1. Carolina
2. I have 4 or 5 $20 wooden sticks, plus one $50 composite stick I bought for ball hockey which I will likely never use because my ball hockey league uses plastic sticks and it's kind of short for ice hockey. Plus I already suck at stickhandling and composite sticks are supposed to make that even harder.
3. Sure they do, everyone has a shot. But if they come in as a 5-6 seed, I don't see them lasting 3 rounds. The top teams in the East are just better.
4. Colorado maybe? As long as they can afford their raises in the summer, they've got a few stars and some decent depth, enough to become respectable in what isn't the toughest division around.
5. Haven't watched a series regularly since Battlestar Galactica ended.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Calgary. Just a feeling.

2. What hockey stick do you play with currently? Flex, curve, etc.
I haven't owned a hockey stick since the 90's.

Honestly, I don't follow the NHL closely enough to have any idea. Blame Gary Bettman.

Toronto. Taylor Hall is going to make up for his rookie suckage by scoring 35 goals next season.

The Walking Dead. The old lady is getting me hooked on Modern Family too. Other than that, the only TV I watch is Blue Jays games.

Return to “The Sports Bar”