diagf Eric Belanger

Moderator: SharksGM

Jets GM

diagf Eric Belanger

Post by Jets GM »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=360417
"There are good fans there, but Winnipeg is still Winnipeg," Belanger said in the report. "In January and February, I doubt that my family would follow me out there for a holiday."

"The guys that I talk to loved playing in Quebec. You can't go to practice in shorts and t-shirts like I did this morning, but Quebec is attractive. At least there are things to do there."
I moved from the Peg to Toronto when I was 18 (23 now) and still love visiting even when its winter, when they have incredible outdoor ice. Belanger imo should shut his fucking mouth, if you have a family that doesn't want to visit you over the holidays because its to cold for them you have a pretty lame family. fwiw, as far as Winnipeg not being able to sustain an NHL franchise or being a boring city....

- "Winnipeg has the third-fastest growing economy among Canada's major cities in 2009 projections, with a real GDP growth of 2.5%"

- "The MTS Centre is an indoor arena at 300 Portage Avenue in Downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, at the former Eaton's site. It is owned by True North Sports & Entertainment Limited, at a cost of $133.5 million CAD, and is 440,000 square feet[1] (41,000 m2) in size. It opened on November 16, 2004, replacing the since-demolished Winnipeg Arena. It can seat 15,015 spectators for ice hockey and up to 16,345 spectators for concerts."

- "The Forks (a National Historic Site of Canada) attracts four million visitors a year.Image

- "Festival du Voyageur, western Canada's largest winter festival, celebrates the early French explorers of the Red River Valley. Folklorama is the largest and longest-running cultural celebration festival in the world. . The Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival is the second-largest alternative theatre festival in North America."

I cannot believe a player of Belanger's caliber would open his mouth like this, does he really think the actual people involved in the sale of the franchise are going to give a fuck about what he thinks? Saying a city is going to be completely the same as it was 15 years ago, along with the fact your going off second hand info from players who may or may not have lived there is hilarious to me. I hope PHX does get moved back to where they rightfully belong, the Winnipeg press get there hands on this article and Mr. Belangers insightful remarks regarding the city of Winnipeg's economy, culture and people get to be well known.

Go back to Quebec you Frenchie homer, Winnipeg doesn't want you either bitch!
Most recent file here.
GM Office Q

Re: diagf Eric Belanger

Post by GM Office Q »

That's cute that he sticks up for his home town. Either way, half the year you're going to be wearing eight layers of clothing and eating a stick of butter to maintain core body temperature!
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Frenchie homer.. Half your team is french you idiot!
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Penguin wrote:Frenchie homer.. Half your team is french you idiot!
Im half french canadian myself, just because your french doesnt make you a frenchie homer like Belanger.
Most recent file here.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

If fans are willing to snow shoe to Winnipeg games, than sure. :lol:

In my opinion, fuck Quebec and Winnipeg. Mexico BABY! 8-)
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

The best part of Winnipeg is that even if you get murdered your body is likely to be kept cold overnight so it's not as much of a mess for the forensic team in the morning.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

SharksGM wrote:The best part of Winnipeg is that even if you get murdered your body is likely to be kept cold overnight so it's not as much of a mess for the forensic team in the morning.
Nope, this is the best part of Winnipeg.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

at least, so Guy Maddin would have me believe.
Bruins

Post by Bruins »

TorontoGM wrote:If fans are willing to snow shoe to Winnipeg games, than sure. :lol:

In my opinion, fuck Quebec and Winnipeg. Mexico BABY! 8-)
Mexico City Revolucion!
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

Honestly, its refreshing to hear someone like Belanger bag on a city that most people have similar feelings about. Not that I have any ill-will towards Winnipeg necessarily, I just get sick of listening to the PC, company line about any given city a player may end up going to.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Tuo-SabresGM wrote:Honestly, its refreshing to hear someone like Belanger bag on a city that most people have similar feelings about. Not that I have any ill-will towards Winnipeg necessarily, I just get sick of listening to the PC, company line about any given city a player may end up going to.
Not that I needed any extra motivation to knock you out in the 1st round, but I appreciate it. Every time I get tired doing test sims, I'll read this post :)
Most recent file here.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:Not that I needed any extra motivation to knock you out in the 1st round, but I appreciate it. Every time I get tired doing test sims, I'll read this post :)
Hahaha no kidding. As much as I hate Winnipeg, I can't stand anyone dissing it. Unless they're from there, then it's cool. :D

Go Tampa!
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

Parker wrote: Hahaha no kidding. As much as I hate Winnipeg, I can't stand anyone dissing it. Unless they're from there, then it's cool. :D
Hey, I'm from western NY, you think I don't hear enough city dissing? :P

Return to “The Sports Bar”