April 21, 2011

BSBullies

April 21, 2011

Post by BSBullies »

PHO 3 - STL 4 (OT)
Shots: 31-28 STL
PP: PHO - 0/2; STL - 0/4

02:11 0-1 STL Patrik Berglund [2] (Marian Gaborik, T.J. Oshie)
03:45 0-2 STL Johan Franzén [2])
------------------------------------------------------------
24:53 0-3 STL Paul Kariya [1] (Antoine Vermette, Brett Sonne)
41:44 1-3 PHO Ryan Stone [2] (Zbynek Michalek, Kyle Quincey)
46:19 2-3 PHO Martin Hanzal [1] (Ryan Stone)
49:57 3-3 PHO Tomas Kaberle [2] (Daniel Winnik)
63:54 3-4 STL Paul Kariya [2] (Antoine Vermette)

Three Stars:
1st: Paul Kariya
2nd: Patrik Berglund
3rd: Antoine Vermette

St. Louis leads the best-of-7 Western Conference quarterfinal series 3-2.

SJ 3 - DAL 2
Shots: 32-15 SJ
PP: SJ - 1/8; DAL - 1/2

02:15 0-1 DAL David Booth [3] (James van Riemsdyk, Mike Ribeiro)
16:48 1-1 SJ Jack Skille [2] (Marc-Édouard Vlasic, Petteri Nokelainen)
18:54 2-1 SJ Joe Thornton [1] (Nicklas Lidström, Dany Heatley)PP
29:55 3-1 SJ Joe Pavelski [1] (Joe Thornton, Michal Rozsival)
46:47 3-2 DAL David Booth [4] (Nathan Horton, Matt Niskanen)PP

Three Stars:
1st: Joe Thornton
2nd: Jack Skille
3rd: Joe Pavelski

Dallas leads the best-of-7 Western Conference quarterfinal series 3-2.
BSBullies

Re: April 21, 2011

Post by BSBullies »

Kariya drives Parker to the brink but hard to think the series won't go 7, Quincey injures McClement and delivers a questionable spear to Crombeen which costs B.J. a month. In the other quarterfinal, the Sharks live to swim another day. http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

St. Louis 1st round upset before we package up the EHEC Coyotes and send them to the Peg? I'd feel bad for Parker, but would enjoy the suffering of the in-game fans from Glendale. Am I a bad person if I took pleasure in the sad dejected faces of PHX fans after getting swept by DET? Fun fact, the Jets last season ended after getting eliminated by the Wings in the 1st round (95/96 season).

but at least we fucking won a game
Most recent file here.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:Am I a bad person if I took pleasure in the sad dejected faces of PHX fans after getting swept by DET?
I wouldn't say bad person, but I think it's cold-hearted and wrong. The fans didn't steal your team. We can argue if they could have done more to keep their team, but the writing has been on the wall for a while due to incompetent ownership, bad arena agreements, and the NHL owners not really wanting to keep the team there and have the league take it over again. Even if they filled 80% of the building per night, it wouldn't have changed things.

The fans don't deserve this, and really, I think many of them neglected the team because they didn't want to get close to the team and then have the rug pulled out from under them. Bettman took a chance on Glendale/Phoenix at a time where the population was rapidly growing and he was trying to expand the game of hockey.

I'm not sure if this is entirely accurate, but the Coyotes averaged better attendance than the Jets in their final few seasons.

I have no problem with Winnipeg getting a team back and the Moose seem to draw well for an AHL franchise, but to take glory in it at the expense of Phoenix's fans, well, that's wrong. Be happy that you're probably getting a team back but not because some of the loyal/diehard fans down there are losing theirs.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Hard to believe both Parker and I are one loss away from a 1st round exit. I still can't figure out how to get special teams going. 1/8 on the PP this game is sadly much better than the 1/26 or whatever shit it was for the previous four games.

At least the Joes managed to score a goal each before getting eliminated. Going out without a goal would have been embarassing.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Apparently both the EHEC and RL version of Brysgalov could care less about going to Winnipeg. :lol:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=363238 What a jerk
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

sorry, i can't take him seriously after this

Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

TorontoGM wrote:Apparently both the EHEC and RL version of Brysgalov could care less about going to Winnipeg. :lol:

Definitely something you talk about in private with your family and your agent. Not something you say openly, true or not. Bad judgement there.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
TorontoGM wrote:Apparently both the EHEC and RL version of Brysgalov could care less about going to Winnipeg. :lol:

Definitely something you talk about in private with your family and your agent. Not something you say openly, true or not. Bad judgement there.
True, it is a jerk move to say it to the media but doesn't change the fact that I'm sure half the team agrees.
Bruins

Post by Bruins »

He's a jerk because he's a free agent who doesn't want to move to a frozen tundra where there's nothing to do?
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Bruins wrote:

He's a jerk because he's a free agent who doesn't want to move to a frozen tundra where there's nothing to do?
Not everyone wants to play as much golf as you and your team seem to. :lol:
Most recent file here.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:
Bruins wrote:

Not everyone wants to play as much golf as you and your team seem to. :lol:
my team's more down for golf than they are for hockey
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

I think the "good" citizens of Arizona will be happy that this will decrease their immigrant population.

Return to “2010-2011 EHEC Playoffs”