June 5, 2011

BSBullies

June 5, 2011

Post by BSBullies »

PIT 2 - PHO 3
Shots: 26-22 PIT
PP: PIT - 1/6; PHO - 0/3

05:47 1-0 PIT Owen Nolan [3] (Dan Boyle, Eric Brewer)
------------------------------------------------------------
32:24 1-1 PHO Brett Connolly [6] (Kurt Sauer, Ed Jovanovski)SH
44:56 1-2 PHO Lauri Korpikoski [7] (Tomas Kaberle)
46:47 1-3 PHO Jordan Staal [9] (Shane Doan)
54:08 2-3 PIT Dan Boyle [4] (Cody Hodgson, Anze Kopitar)PP

Three stars:
1st: Shane Doan
2nd: Jordan Staal
3rd: Lauri Korpikoski

Phoenix wins Best of 7 Stanley Cup Final 4-2.
BSBullies

Re: June 5, 2011

Post by BSBullies »

Staal's 9th tally, which gives him the playoff scoring title, is enough to secure the Stanley Cup for the city of Phoenix. It's also very fitting that Doan, the Coyotes backbone gets top star honours. Congratulations to Parker on a fine season, also to Matt for taking his Penguins this far. On a personal note, it was my pleasure to serve on our Committee for two seasons, I'll now be busy making sure Philly doesn't get eliminated by the Rangers in the 1st Round again. The reins are being passed to capable hands and with Adam's leadership, lets bring on the offseason and head into Season 3! http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Congratulations to Parker and Doan. Now how can the EHEC Board of Governors possibly approve moving Phoenix?
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Congratulations to Parker for the SC win and to Bernier for making the SC. Great work by both of you guys and I'm sure we'll hear from you again next year in May and June.

On another note, to Ryan Spurrell, my good buddy and the guy who helped make this league a reality. I know you'll still be in the league heading up the Flyer organization, but I would be lying if I said it's not a somber day for EHEC. A couple years ago when we were reminiscing about MILFH and started throwing around ideas on starting our own league, I had no idea it would become what it has. We have a tremendous group of people in this league, I've rekindled friendships with some former MILFH GMs and created new ones with the EHEC guys who I hadn't met prior to this league. It's unbelievable to look at what we've created and then imagine seeing it through without you being my right hand man.

As I stated back when all of this was announced, there are no hard feelings at all. If I need you in a pinch, I have the utmost confidence in you, regardless of the task. If anything, creating this league has strengthened our friendship. I cannot thank you enough for helping give me the opportunity to do something special with this league and the other 28 guys are all as thankful as I am.

It's only fitting that your last sim was the game that decided this year's Stanley Cup champion. I only wish it had been your team going out on top, because you deserve it for the work you've put in. Thank Jennifer for me for putting up the nighttime sims, the impromptu texts from me about covering for me and whatever other things took your time away from her to focus on your Committee duties.

Thanks Ryan. I hope focusing solely on your team leads to great things for you.

Tommy and Quinn, you guys have some big shoes to fill.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

weeooo parker!!!
Parker

Post by Parker »

Wow. Awesome. Thanks everybody.

Great series, Pittsburgh. It really could've gone either way.

Special thanks to Adam, Ryan, and Nick for all their hard work. Helluva job, guys.

Looks like I have a bunch of contract extensions to do right away, holy crap.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:Looks like I have a bunch of contract extensions to do right away, holy crap.
You and Bern, who will probably cry himself to sleep, can both have a couple extra days. File will be advanced on June 8. Have them in by then.

But only those two. Everybody else. Tomorrow or face a 10% penalty per contract.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Cue Bernier re-building the Pens from scratch?

Congrats Parker.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Congrats Parker on a great victory and congrats to Bern on an awesome season.

Would it be selfish to say I had a hand in this series?

Traded Staal to PHX(You can thank me later)
Stole Fleury from PIT. :lol:
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Congratulations Parker, I had faith in you all along.

Congratulations to Bern as well, solid season, I would say you without a doubt exceeded expectations.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:

We could at least smoke that big piff we were talking about if you would live here, Parker! Congrats buddy, you deserve it! And, thanks guys for the respect, thanks Ryan, Adam and Nick for being studs and a big fuck you to Walters!!

On to Season 3.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Congrats on the win Parker! And congrats on making it to the finals, Bern. Next time, I'll have to take you out instead in Game 7. ;)
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Congratulations Parker! EHEC champions and AHL finalist, very nice season!
Oilers_GM

Post by Oilers_GM »

Jeez - isn't that what i put in a post - i had fast simed and found that Pitts lost to the 'yotes! Congrats on the win!
Femur

Post by Femur »

congrats Parker!!!!!!

nice job Bern, Nick, and Ryan. Burke: get off my case this next season
Tuo-SabresGM

Post by Tuo-SabresGM »

Congrats Parker on kicking ass in both leagues this season, top notch job. Bern, congrats on getting this far and for taking me out in the AHL playoffs you skunky bastard.

Ryan, you've done an outstanding job in contributing to this league. I'm not sure I know of many people who would be involved in a car accident and still insist on doing the sim just hours later. As we usher in a new era in EHEC (in more ways than one, really), I can be nothing more than certain of this league's continued success.

Return to “2010-2011 EHEC Playoffs”