EHEC Draft Chatter 2011

Moderator: SharksGM

Jungle Cats

Re: EHEC Draft Chatter 2011

Post by Jungle Cats »

heh, that's exactly who I would've taken with that last pick.
Parker

Post by Parker »

So, the six-hour limit only applies during daylight hours, I'm assuming? It's been 12 hours since the last pick.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:So, the six-hour limit only applies during daylight hours, I'm assuming? It's been 12 hours since the last pick.
Which one of us is up at 4 am to post the pick?

The limit's up whenever one of us gets up. But I don't have time to post the pick now. My mom's having her gall bladder removed and I'm off to the hospital.

Auto pick is Vincent Trocheck. Anybody can post it if they want.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Well I did say to Auto my picks
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:Well I did say to Auto my picks
Things need to be PMed. I can't keep track of shit from MSN or anything. If I missed it, my fault, but I don't remember getting one.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Parker

Post by Parker »

Sorry to hear about your mom, Adam. I hope she's alright.

You're right, it's not reasonable to expect things to get done in the middle of the night. I was thinking that the next guy in line could post his pick after the time limit has expired, that way the next morning both picks could go through right away. I'm just trying to forecast here and because of my bad luck I end up being away from my computer or intensely busy when my pick is coming up. I know, I could send in a list but I hate doing that... I always second-guess my list order at the last minute. :P

No big deal either way, it just seems like the second half of this draft is taking forever.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Because guys have first names like Gustav.
Most recent file here.
NashvilleGM

Post by NashvilleGM »

Parker wrote: I know, I could send in a list but I hate doing that... I always second-guess my list order at the last minute. :P
Same for me. Amen to that
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:Sorry to hear about your mom, Adam. I hope she's alright.
She's good. She's needed it done for quite a while. She's had assorted gall bladder attacks and lived with nausea for a while. It became too much, not to mention, my siblings and I told her she has to get it done. When I left the hospital, she was in recovery, in a bit of pain, but mostly nauseous from the anesthetic. Thanks for the concern.
You're right, it's not reasonable to expect things to get done in the middle of the night. I was thinking that the next guy in line could post his pick after the time limit has expired, that way the next morning both picks could go through right away. I'm just trying to forecast here and because of my bad luck I end up being away from my computer or intensely busy when my pick is coming up. I know, I could send in a list but I hate doing that... I always second-guess my list order at the last minute. :P
Understandable. I don't mind people who are regularly around using the time limits. It's the guys who can only check in periodically. Next year, I'm changing some things with the draft format. Most notably, like a fantasy draft, if the clock expires on you in any round, you're getting auto'd the rest of the draft unless you tell me otherwise. I'll highlight teams in the list and have a regularly-updated thread in a Committee forum about best CSB available so it doesn't have to be searched for.
No big deal either way, it just seems like the second half of this draft is taking forever.
It is. Part of that is because I was out of town and Tommy and Quinn aren't as assertive as I am with tracking down other GMs. I don't know how many times I've tracked down a GM to make a pick. I'm going to see if, for next year, we can put a running banner at the top of the forums with who is on the clock so that GMs can see it right away.
Adam Burke
Femur

Post by Femur »

nobody has complained about the length of this draft than i, but honestly, it is not guys trying to trade the pick, or waiting until they get home, or the overnight; it is the teams we KNOW two or three days in advance that will have their time limits expire yet are helpless to do anything about it. your idea of once auto / always auto should solve this.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Yeah, the "auto-pick as default" once a guy missed one pick is a great idea. It's easy to avoid if you're active, and if you're not you deserve to draft nothing but backup goalies. :P
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

I gotta agree. But...you know this will probably happen to one of us next year... :P
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:Yeah, the "auto-pick as default" once a guy missed one pick is a great idea. It's easy to avoid if you're active, and if you're not you deserve to draft nothing but backup goalies. :P
Yeah, I've been going solely top CSB skater. If I went top CSB overall, those teams would get nothing but goalies. Hmm...
Adam Burke
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

I'm very disappointed that Wes Vannieuwenhuizen isn't in the draft. :cry:
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

TorontoGM wrote:I'm very disappointed that Wes Vannieuwenhuizen isn't in the draft. :cry:
I don't see him listed in the NHL CSB. If I had, that name's too good to pass on.
Adam Burke
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
TorontoGM wrote:I'm very disappointed that Wes Vannieuwenhuizen isn't in the draft. :cry:
I don't see him listed in the NHL CSB. If I had, that name's too good to pass on.
Yaaa other than David Musil, a lot of the draft eligible players on the Vancouver Giants got shafted at the draft.
Montreal Canadiens

There's probably a reason behind that.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:There's probably a reason behind that.
Their not the greatest but I thought atleast Vanndy or Fenske might go realllllllly late. They could be good AHLers.

Trvdon went to Detroit at 115, he could be a sleeper.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Keegan Lowe was already drafted at #160.
Montreal Canadiens

lol. He's THAT good he was picked twice.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Parker wrote:Keegan Lowe was already drafted at #160.
Nice. I caught that WSH tried to double draft Kralik, missed Lowe.

Thanks.
Adam Burke
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

If I don't win the Cup next year at least I hope I get to pick before Bub so he stops taking all of my damn favourite picks :evil:
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

SharksGM wrote:If I don't win the Cup next year at least I hope I get to pick before Bub so he stops taking all of my damn favourite picks :evil:
:lol: We'll have to work on that!

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”