Detroit news - season preview

Moderator: SharksGM

jamesredwings

Detroit news - season preview

Post by jamesredwings »

Red Wings accomplishments last year (last place finish) rivaled Detroit`s economic downfall. Mr. illitch first order of business was to fire management and bring in rookie president James Fink (apparently he googled searched armchair quarterback and my name came up). The new president quickly clashed with icon GM Ken Holland as his view of rebuilding was to depart with Zets and Dats arguably 2 of the best players in their history. Holland is now replaced with GM Doug Risebrough.

"We wanted someone who had Stanley Cup experience and knew how to handle a tight budget, hence he could easily handle a hard cap." said president Fink.

Out: the whole f*$?"ing team but mainly Zats, Dats and 1st round pick

In: Perry, Richards, Backstrom, Elias, Green, Sbisa, etc, etc and let`s not forget good luck charm Lombardi!

Last year`s offense was only provide by Perry and Dats. A thousand deals were made to bring guys like Lombardi, Steen, Prucha, Devereaux, Zherdev, Elias to provide relief to first line only scoring.

"Losing all stars like Zets and Dats hurts but replacing them with 25-26 year old stars like Mike Richards, Mike Green, Correy Perry , Backstrom brings lots of excitement in hockey town again." a teary eyed president said.

Going from last place to making the playoffs is the goal but the division rivals Colombus and heavily favorite LA Kings are among many teams who might spoil that fate in the strong western conference.

"I was only here for the end of it but this is the last time I want to be in last place. It`s a horrible feeling! This team will compete every night. That is my promise to detroit fans."

Looks like fun is back in Hockeytown!

Return to “Team News”