TO ST.LOUIS
Roberto Luongo (82)
Henrik Sedin (72)
Daniel Sedin (75)
Matt Cooke (75)
CanuckGM

Re: St.Louis Blues - Vancouver Canucks Blockbuster

Post by CanuckGM »

Agreed! This deal is alot to the eyes i know......but let me break it down and explain why this trade works for me....

so here's how it breaks down....

Luongo for Lehtonen, Spooner, Livingston, 2nd Rd Detroit
- i had many great offers but this one works for me the best because....Lehtonen is a 27 yr old with a good contract and the ability to start RIGHT NOW and allow me to not have to run around finding a goalie that i know i could rely on for a longtime....Lehtonen is one of the better goalies in this file....Spooner if he overdevelops in checking and positiong (which is a high possibility) could be a Great NZT center with his 99 faceoffs and his 80 shot will allow him to contribute offensively every now and then....Livingston could be a gem in the rough just his low con but im willing to handle that...and the 2nd pick allows me to grab something else.....

Sedins for Gabby
- this deal was easy for me ..gabby is a high octane offensive forward and at 28 yrs at his prime and cheaper the the sedins together so i save money as well

Cooke for Shields - shields could be nice addtion with his high ceilings he could be a nice shut down defenceman with some developing....

and Mitchell was a dump to help with salaries....

hope this explanation helps
St.Louis Blues

Post by St.Louis Blues »

Confirmed.
Wow never thought Gaborik would be leaving St.Louis anytime soon...I think I'm already regretting it! Got fed up with Lehtonen's inconsistent play and decided that I'd do what it takes to get my hands on the top masked man in EHEC. I'm thinking my offense won't suffer too much from Gaborik's departure as I'm expecting the Sedins to fire it up alongside Martin St.Louis. I've been looking to get better down the middle for a while now and this trade allows me to move Eller to the 2nd line. As for Matt Cooke, he brings a much needed physical presence upfront.

We both agreed that Luongo > Lehtonen and Gaborik > Sedins. Vancouver felt the gap between Luongo and Lehtonen needed to be filled with prospects and a pick. Decided to accept this offer to finally get things done with.

Thanks man and good luck!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I'm sorry, guys, but I'm going to reject this trade before discussion even gets going.

If we're striving for realism here, essentially trading teams is far from what we're trying to achieve. There's no way any deal like this would ever go through in real life and it's not going to here. It is so blatantly against what the league has stood for over the past 2.5 seasons.

Really simplify this deal or come up with something altogether different. This isn't how EHEC operates.

Crosby for Kopitar, fine. Malkin for Iginla, fine. But not this.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

What's the difference here?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2209

11 players involved in that one, only 10 in this one.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:What's the difference here?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2209

11 players involved in that one, only 10 in this one.
Seriously? You can't tell the difference?
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Sorry boss just thought you meant volume wise.

Carry on.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

This trade is rejected.

Value does not need to be assessed in this deal as it is simply a trade that goes against the realistic nature of the league. A much more simplified deal can be worked out if the two parties want to try for something more in line with what we're trying to do with EHEC.
Adam Burke

Return to “Rejected Trades”