Surprise Surprise

Moderator: SharksGM

Commish Bub(NYR)

Surprise Surprise

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Hurricanes fire Maurice. Rumor has it he wanted to acquire Jason Blake, Bates Battaglia, and Vesa Toskala. Knowing the Canes organization, they'll hire an "organizational" man, with long ties to the club. You know, like Robert Kron, Ed Hospodar, or Marty Howe.

Ovech-pitals fire Boudreau. Now that Dale Hunter is in charge we can expect even fewer late hits and on-ice muggings.

Oh, and some college in Ohio might be hiring a new football coach.
Virtual Jarmo

Re: Surprise Surprise

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Maurice will have a new NHL job by March. Guy's a solid coach.

I feel bad for Boudreau. That team is full of egos and completely lacks accountability. Every message he tried to send fell on deaf ears because it's Alex's team.

Yep, Akron football needs a new head coach. Rob Ianello got the call that he was fired while on the way to his mother's funeral.

Oh, you're talking about Urban Meyer? Yeah, I hope Michigan enjoyed their last win over Ohio State for the rest of the decade.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Commish Bub(NYR)

Holy crap, the Canes hired outside the organization: Kirk Muller is the new head coach. I'm, well....speechless. :)
jamesredwings

Post by jamesredwings »

And we are stuck with Martin and Gauthier while other teams stock up on the Muller`s and the Boucher.

Not a fair world
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

So the Avs show unwavering devotion to Sacco while competent guys like Muller are scooped up by other teams. Good gravy.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Jungle Cats wrote:So the Avs show unwavering devotion to Sacco while competent guys like Muller are scooped up by other teams. Good gravy.
They'll probably demote Sacco to assistant coach after the season and replace him with an in-house guy. I don't know it is about their love of staff with ties to the organization...

Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Avs believe in the 'family concept...' which is working wonders this last decade.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Maurice will have a new NHL job by March. Guy's a solid coach.
:lol: :lol: 460 W 525 L
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Maurice talks a nice talk, but his results have been... ah... a little lacking. Maybe he wasn't given great times but he rarely ever made the best of them anyways.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Jungle Cats wrote:Avs believe in the 'family concept...' which is working wonders this last decade.
Usually, the Canes do too. Which is why I'm so surprised they went rogue with this hiring. Maybe the new minority owners threatened to walk en masse unless Karmanos did something sensible for once.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

And randy carlyle survives another day....
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

^Surprising.

I'm not surprised Boudreau was fired (I thought he was going to be canned in the off-season) but at this point in the season was a bit shocking. Would have made more sense to fire him in the off-season or let him go all the way to the end of this season.

Dale Hunter won't take Ovie's shit so, things will be interesting.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:Dale Hunter won't take Ovie's shit so, things will be interesting.
Maybe, but in the case of prized cow v. indentured servant, the indentured servant is always replaceable.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

True, but what do you trade him for? Who gives up what Ovie is worth with a $9.53 cap hit for the next 9 seasons.

I think this is Alex Semin's final year in WSH.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:True, but what do you trade him for? Who gives up what Ovie is worth with a $9.53 cap hit for the next 9 seasons.
You don't. You find a coach who can learn how to handle him and his ego.
I think this is Alex Semin's final year in WSH.
Agree. The real problem with the Caps is that Mike Green has a vagina.
Adam Burke
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Eric Staal's gonna light it up again under Muller. No question 'bout that.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Calgary.Flames wrote:Eric Staal's gonna light it up again under Muller. No question 'bout that.
He'd better, or there'll be no more free sweet tea for him at Bojangles.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

So both Hunter and Muller lose their first game behind the bench while Randy Carlyle wins and gets the boot within an hour of the games final horn. Anaheim proceeds to hire Bruce "BBQ face" Boudreau....crazyness!
Commish Bub(NYR)

Well, the Canes still suck. Maybe Dave's seen something positive over Muller's first two games. I haven't actually seen the games, but the results are the same. :(

Return to “The Sports Bar”