NZT Poll Part 2

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

NZT Poll Part 2

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I can't really seem to find a time to get to a consensus with both Ryan and Tommy, usually only able to talk to one or the other, and with the All-Star break coming and the trade deadline a month from Friday, it's time to make a decision on this.

Votes are due by next Monday at 11:59 pm PST (Tuesday at 2:59 am EST for the east coasters).

Keep in mind, these will be added to the H&G restrictions.

PM me your votes (title PM NZT Poll 2) for the following options (letters only):

A. NZT tactic cannot be applied to first line

B. Same restrictions as H&G (no first line, no more than 70 seconds total (split 50/20, 40/30 only), no more than two lines)

C. If average (add 3 OF together, divide by 3) OF greater than 74.5, line cannot use NZT.

These are the three options. Same from the previous poll where the votes were split. In this case, highest vote total wins. There will not be a re-vote.

Please do not discuss the options or your vote in this forum. I do not want your thoughts or opinions to sway someone else's vote.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jets GM

Re: NZT Poll Part 2

Post by Jets GM »

Is there no longer an option for no restrictions?
Most recent file here.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:Is there no longer an option for no restrictions?
No. 13/19 votes last time were for some kind of restrictions. That's a pretty big majority.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
MinnesotaGM

Post by MinnesotaGM »

Here's a opinion for possibly another option(if desired) to one I am use to what about only 1 line nzt 1 line hng can can use on any line no more than 110 seconds combined. Can't have 1 of them longer than 70 seconds. Just a opinion it doesn't bother to what ever rule change it is voted to since I'm going to build my team to beat the trap.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bump.

Voting ends Tuesday morning at 2:59 am/Monday night at 11:59 or somewhere in between.

18 votes so far. Means some of you either aren't paying attention or don't care.
Adam Burke
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'm paying attention, I just make good use of deadlines.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

The votes are in.

Choice A, no first line NZT, received 5 votes.

Choice B, same restrictions as H&G, received 10 votes.

Choice C, forward OF average greater than 74.5, received 7 votes.

Interesting poll results for sure. I did not vote. With BUF, OTT, DAL, VAN pretty much vacant, that's a good number of votes. Votes will count toward the 10 posts for the January activity rewards.

First of all, I need to make the announcement that these changes will not begin until the start of next season. It would be unfair to everyone involved to change the way that GMs can run their teams during midseason. The H&G rules were announced in June, along with the goalie games played rule. You can say what you want about what my motives might be, but know that it was not my first thought. It was brought up to me by another GM and it makes sense. It will keep us operating on the same playing field we have used for the first four months of the regular season. To change now would be like starting everything over again.

Second, we are going to look into implementing a restriction like Choice C to go along with the restrictions that were voted for in this poll. Enforcement is obviously the biggest issue. But, with 7 votes and a PM from a respected GM, it's something I definitely need to consider. It would probably overrule the current restrictions, so it's something we won't look at until the summer, but it has to be explored. The notion of an offensive line trapping is pretty unrealistic. We could set a minimum average hitting (HI) threshold for a line to run H&G.

Like I said, enforcement is the hardest part. Ryan, Tommy and I simply don't have time to watchdog everyone's lines and to expect GMs to do so puts an additional burden on them. If there's a way to write it into the uploading code for lines, then it's possible we can do something with it. If it's not possible, and I'll talk to Quinn when his school year is over, then we probably won't be able to do it and will deal with what we've got.

I'll open this thread up to any questions, concerns, or whatever you guys might have.
Adam Burke
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

First of all, I need to make the announcement that these changes will not begin until the start of next season. It would be unfair to everyone involved to change the way that GMs can run their teams during midseason. The H&G rules were announced in June, along with the goalie games played rule. You can say what you want about what my motives might be, but know that it was not my first thought. It was brought up to me by another GM and it makes sense. It will keep us operating on the same playing field we have used for the first four months of the regular season. To change now would be like starting everything over again.
don't agree with that, but I remember talking to you saying that a combination of Option B and C would have been my preferred vote.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Montreal Canadiens wrote:don't agree with that, but I remember talking to you saying that a combination of Option B and C would have been my preferred vote.
... and the poll said only one option would win, which it did, and Adam also said that there would be a later vote to add Option C's restrictions, so...?
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

...Yes...Option C combined with Option B would have been my vote if it was an option. Me + him were talking about it over MSN awhile back, so I was agreeing with his one paragraph down the way there when he said he was going to look at ways to implement the two.

I was disagreeing with his first paragraph while agreeing with the third all in the same sentence, was kinda confusing.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”