New Buffalo GM

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

New Buffalo GM

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Can't keep waiting on these guys to come back, so welcome Greg Pickel as the new Sabres GM. He's new to EHM, but he's a smart kid and should be able to pick this up pretty quickly. Don't expect him to do any trading prior to the deadline with so little time to get acclimated to the software and how things work.

If, for some reason, Alex comes back, he can take one of the other vacant teams, assuming he's going to be around.

But, welcome aboard Greg. Don't hesitate to ask for help from any of us.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
CapsGM

Re: New Buffalo GM

Post by CapsGM »

welcome aboard!
Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Welcome!
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Nice to have someone to put the blame on for sending so many guys on IR.
Novemver 4th is still on my mind.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

... and oh, welcome aboard.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Welcome to the league, Greg!
Parker

Post by Parker »

Welcome aboard, Greg!

EHM has some tricks and intricacies that aren't immediately obvious to a new player when it comes to development, and general value of different player attributes. If you're wondering about balancing trade value or just looking for general information, there are a bunch of EHM guru types here who would be more than willing to help out. The focus here is to find GM's who can work well together, not to take advantage of people with less experience... nobody wins that way because the league would end up with teams that would be impossible to recruit GM's for because all their assets have been squandered.

In short, if there's anything you'd like to know more about regarding the league or EHM in general, I'm just a PM away, and I'll help in any way I can.

Again, welcome!
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

Posted a welcome note in another board prior to seeing this, but thanks for the welcome and accommodating messages, guys. Appreciate it!

Adam and I have been troubleshooting, but it can't hurt to ask here. In EHM, when I attempt to save my lines, or load, for that matter, EHM just completely closes before I am able to name or save them. Anyone ever experience that?

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm sure once all the technical aspects of EHM and I get ironed out I will start picking some brains! :D
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

That's a new one to me, Greg. Do you get any error message, or does it just shut down?

And ditto what Parker said. Just don't beat the Rangers this weekend, and we're cool.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bub(NYR) wrote:That's a new one to me, Greg. Do you get any error message, or does it just shut down?
Just shuts down.

I'm opting for the uninstall, re-install. He's using XP, so Running as Admin isn't necessary, nor is compatibility mode. At least, it never has been for me.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SabresGM

Post by SabresGM »

Going to uninstall then reinstall to see if it fixes things, will post back.

I'd be thrilled to beat the stinkin' Rangers this week, especially as a real-life Flyers fan.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Surprised this isn't a more common problem in this league. With everyone's NZT lines, even EHM is getting shut down.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

AvsGM wrote:Surprised this isn't a more common problem in this league. With everyone's NZT lines, even EHM is getting shut down.
I seem to have gotten it working. When I saw some screenshots, I noticed that he was in fact running Windows 7. After a couple uninstall, re-installs, some compatibility issues, and everything else...it works.

If only EHEC was a paying job...
Adam Burke
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

Welcome Greg, and yeah, the Flyers are where it's at (Just don't look at the standings)!
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Welcome to the show, Pickles!

Oh, I messed that up didn't I.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Woo, new blood.

Welcome to the game.

:twisted: