Massive Blue Jackets Overhaul On Horizon?

Moderator: SharksGM

Virtual Jarmo

Massive Blue Jackets Overhaul On Horizon?

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

JACKETS MAJOR SHAKE-UP EXPECTED NEXT WEEK
By: Tito Crawford

Frustrated with another premature exit from the Stanley Cup Playoffs, General Manager Adam Burke angrily spoke out following the series, insinuating that the 2012-2013 Blue Jackets roster would look a lot different. Multiple sources league-wide tell me that some big names are, in fact, going to be on the move. The source mentioned that the trades would include "both talent young and old" and that "fans won't be happy".

After about fifteen minutes of pestering, GM Burke set his Blackberry down at a local Columbus Tim Horton's and responded to my inquiries. "Yes, we have a lot of things in the works," Burke said without much emotion. "Things are changing and we need to be ahead of the curve. The roster we had didn't win us anything, so we won't miss the guys we're trading." Burke then paused to answer a text message. He smiled, nodded and took a bite of a maple doughnut. "Get ready for a busy Monday."

Rumors are that many of the Blue Jackets key pieces will be changing conferences and going to some teams who are a bit of a surprise. "I'm not going to comment publicly on where guys are going," Burke said when asked if he could give any hints. When pried further, he added, "Thing is this, Tito. I'm getting guys that I like. I don't care where they're from or what they're paid. We're making smart trades to sustain a championship-caliber team and change the way we do things. We saw how San Jose smoked us and won a Cup. We weren't good enough and we understand some of the reasons why."

Rick Nash could not be reached via phone, but a close friend of Nash did comment that "Rick expects to be traded. He doesn't know where and has had no communication with the team at this time." Scott Niedermayer, golfing with brother Rob, replied via text that "He wants one more shot to win, wherever that may be."

Burke got up, placed his tray on top of the trash can and looked back in my direction with a smile. "Hey Tito, make sure you print this line: We're still accepting offers for our players."
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Calgary.Flames

Re: Massive Blue Jackets Overhaul On Horizon?

Post by Calgary.Flames »

That was a good read, Adam.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: Massive Blue Jackets Overhaul On Horizon?

Post by SharksGM »

Poor Rick. 5 playoff series wins in 3 years is not a bad stretch at all, even if they were spread out evenly.

Return to “Team News”