Virtual Jarmo

June 4, 2012

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

SJ 3 - WPG 2
Shots: 28-27 SJ
PP: SJ - 0/2; WPG - 0/1

no scoring
------------------------------------------------------------
25:17 1-0 WPG Brandon Gormley [5] (Patrice Bergeron)
29:55 1-1 SJ Marco Sturm [4] (Ryan Getzlaf, Jack Skille)
33:25 1-2 SJ Niklas Kronwall [1])
43:13 1-3 SJ Erik Cole [12] (Joe Thornton, Nicklas Lidström)
48:57 2-3 WPG Max Pacioretty [5] (Brandon Gormley, Alex Pietrangelo)

Three stars:
1st: Evgeni Nabokov
2nd: Erik Cole
3rd: Ryan Getzlaf

San Jose wins Stanley Cup 4-2.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
GM Office Q

Re: June 4, 2012

Post by GM Office Q »

Lidstrom, in a bold move, announced his retirement just hours before game 6. Congratulations Dan!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Evgeni Nabokov gets over the hump and the EHEC Sharks do what their real life counterparts are still looking for. The San Jose Sharks are your 2011-2012 EHEC Stanley Cup Champions! Nicklas Lidstrom gets to hold the Cup one final time.

Kudos to Tommy on a great series and a great turnaround season. Congrats to Dan for winning it all.

Thank you to everyone for their continued support and participation.

18 days until the draft. The trade freeze will end June 11.

http://www.ehechockey.com/EHEC.zip

http://www.ehechockey.com/calendar.html
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Congrats on a great season and an even greater playoffs, Dan.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Congrats Dan, you did something that real life Sharks will never accomplish! :lol:

Seriously tho, Congrats on taking the big prize. And congrats to Tom on an amazing season and an exciting playoff run.
MinnesotaGM

Post by MinnesotaGM »

congrats to both of you's
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Fuck. Yes.

Thank you Nabokov, Cole and probably most of all Lidstrom, who I feel like I owe Detroit a serious favour for. But most of all thanks to Tommy for making me lose hours of sleep over simulated hockey. You built a hell of a team and they'll be back in the finals in no time while Lidstrom rides off into the sunset.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

Congrats kid! Well deserved.

Still regret throwing Nemisz in our trade for Dan Boyle which got you Erik Cole right after, MVP of the series.
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

As a formidable foe recently said to me...

"Ahhhh you fucking miserable cunt Dan! My emphasis added.

Certainly disappointing to come this far and fall a couple games short. That said, if immediately after the Bjugstad deal I was told you're building a Cup finalist, I would have taken it without a second thought. My top six forwards are made up of two rookies who played significant roles. A defense core and goaltender that were assembled the offseason prior.

Rationale of a loser? Maybe. I prefer to think of it as a good start. The Pittsburgh/Columbus/San Jose/Los Angeles types of the league have suffered multiple playoff heartbreaks, and that was before I arrived. Time to pay some dues, but at least I picked up a conference championship in the process. :)

Brad That series went a bit too long for my liking. Last year much was made of your collection of misfits. This year, not so much. At least Savard disappeared when I needed it the most. :lol:

Jason Thank you for Bergeron, he was a Conn Smythe winner waiting to happen. Keep Montreal at bay for us east folks next year.

Bern Blow up your roster, now. I'd rather not see a fully healthy club for round two.

Dan You know I'm going to tag you back. /Tropic Thunder'd
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I was hoping I'd feel more pain; congrats Dan.
Most recent file here.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Atta boy, Dan!

Also, a hearty congratulations to Tom's Jets, for whom I doubt anyone would've predicted a Cup final appearance at the start of the season.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Congrats, Dan! We should send a copy of that box score to the real SJ front office.

And congrats to you too, Tom. You came a long way this past year. Way to go.
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

GoJetsGo wrote:As a formidable foe recently said to me...

"Ahhhh you fucking miserable cunt Dan! My emphasis added.

Certainly disappointing to come this far and fall a couple games short. That said, if immediately after the Bjugstad deal I was told you're building a Cup finalist, I would have taken it without a second thought. My top six forwards are made up of two rookies who played significant roles. A defense core and goaltender that were assembled the offseason prior.

Rationale of a loser? Maybe. I prefer to think of it as a good start. The Pittsburgh/Columbus/San Jose/Los Angeles types of the league have suffered multiple playoff heartbreaks, and that was before I arrived. Time to pay some dues, but at least I picked up a conference championship in the process. :)

Brad That series went a bit too long for my liking. Last year much was made of your collection of misfits. This year, not so much. At least Savard disappeared when I needed it the most. :lol:

Jason Thank you for Bergeron, he was a Conn Smythe winner waiting to happen. Keep Montreal at bay for us east folks next year.

Bern Blow up your roster, now. I'd rather not see a fully healthy club for round two.

Dan You know I'm going to tag you back. /Tropic Thunder'd
He certainly did. Was invisible in the last 10 games of the regular season as well. I dropped him to the 4th line I think at about Game 3 though since he was playing like one.

Although a first-round exit wasn't what I wanted (obviously) it was atleast some silver lining in the fact I took you to 7 whereas Boston and Pittsburgh just bowed down without a fight.

Congrats on a good run though, certainly were a darkhorse team. Came a very long way in one short off-season.

Good work Dan!
Oilers_GM

Post by Oilers_GM »

Congrats Dan - Way to go!
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Just advanced the file...

Joe Thornton won the Conn Smythe Trophy.
Adam Burke
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Bruins_GM

Post by Bruins_GM »

Congrats to Dan on gooning it up for the title.
AnaheimGM

Post by AnaheimGM »

Good job SJ!!!
jamesredwings

Post by jamesredwings »

you owe the previous Detroit GM alot. Who would trade Lidstrom???!!!$$$*** without getting a brand new team...

Congrats to all!!
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I think Lidstrom was refusing to re-sign because the Wings sucked too bad :lol: so I traded for his rights.

If you want them back so he can retire as a Red Wing I'll accept a conditional 5th round pick on 2015 in return... condition being that Lidstrom must play another 1000 games in the NHL. Not that he couldn't if we let him.
Oilers_GM

Post by Oilers_GM »

since our league is a *alternate reality* league running parallel to RL. Tech the ducks won the cup and now SJ has won the cup but LA is still waiting; though they have been around longer than both Ducks and Sharks combined I believe. :shock:

Return to “2011-2012 EHEC Playoffs”