OOTP

Moderator: SharksGM

TorontoGM

OOTP

Post by TorontoGM »

Anyone else play it?

I downloaded a pirated version:D, and I'm pretty addicted to it.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/out-of- ... -baseball/
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: OOTP

Post by SharksGM »

Baseball sucks. I'm more interested in the fact that they're working on a hockey sim which has a slim chance of actually seeing the light of day.
jamesredwings

Post by jamesredwings »

I play version 12 . Very entertaining!
Parker

Post by Parker »

It's pretty much the only sports sim I play anymore, other than EHM for league stuff.

I have a fictional OOTP13 league that started in the year 1901 and is now at 1966. I've even named the awards after outstanding fictional players from the league.

Dan, if that's true about an OOTP hockey sim, it's great news. NHL:EHM was kind of a huge fucking disappointment.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

I've always meant to try OOTP. I've tried a recent demo and really like it, but it's way too addicting to take on fully right now.

And yeah, supposedly they are working on a hockey sim. THAT would be good.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Huh? NHL:EHM was great. '05 had some bugs but '07 is still an awesome game. If they hadn't been idiots about it and fixed the multiplayer so you could have 32-team leagues it would be The Best.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

DaveG is working on the OOTP hockey sim engine. I don't know how many details he can pony up, but it's expected to be released this fall.

I hope it doesn't make EHEC irrelevant. We know it'll make new candidates for EHM jobs impossible to find. More than they already are.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Well, if it's actually good it should be possible to migrate from EHM or any other comparable league to the NHL. If it's not, no harm done.

NHL 13 is supposed to have an online be a GM mode too so there's going to be at least one EHM alternative. I certainly don't think it's a bad thing that the field is starting to pick up again after 5+ years.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

NHL:EHM bored the shit out of me. Which company is doing the new hockey sim? Sega? SI?

I'm also highly addicted to Football Manager 2012, just as good as OOTP. Football Manager also has handheld versions of their games, which are impressive.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I don't really understand how you could enjoy EHM and be bored by NHL:EHM considering it's better in every way but whatever. It is somewhat easier to set up dynasties if you abuse the poor trade AI but the salary cap still makes it harder than in freeware EHM.
Parker

Post by Parker »

My biggest issue with it was the UI. If you already knew Championship Manager, NHL:EHM was supposed to be a snap to navigate, but for those of us (I'm not the only one; this was a very common complaint on fhockey.com) who'd never played CM, the interface seemed really counter-intuitive and stupid. I actually quit trying to learn how to play the game because the interface was so annoying for me that it made the game no fun. I eventually got past that and figured out the UI, but once the novelty of the new game wore off, I still found myself playing the original EHM more often instead.

And the limit on human-managed teams? How retarded is that? They basically made sure the game could never be used in an online league. I doubt that "feature" earned them any extra sales.
Parker

Post by Parker »

Goddamnit Dan, now I'm playing NHL:EHM 2007 again. Thanks a lot. :P

Return to “The Sports Bar”