Projected Flames 2012-2013 Lineup.

Moderator: SharksGM

Calgary.Flames

Projected Flames 2012-2013 Lineup.

Post by Calgary.Flames »

After missing most of last season, the 2012-2013 campaign will mark the return of elite defenseman, Dion Phaneuf.
Also, after a busy a offseason, I feel like I'm slowly getting my team to where I want it to be. I want this team to be a hard team to play against. I want this team to have to ability to score AND to defend. Lots of new faces will join most of last year's impact players come training camp and I hope this will pay dividend.

Between the pipes.
Kipper's a sure shot. Also returning is Jimmy Howard who had a good season despite not much ice time and low CON. The addition of Olivier Roy as a possible backup leaves no doubt in my mind that this position's covered.

Blue line.
Dion Phaneuf: Top 10 EHEC defenseman. Big shot. Big body.
Kevin Shattenkirk: Pretty good power play quarterback.
Braydon Coburn: Can log in big minutes. Defensively sound. Decent offense. He's a force.
Jani Hakanpaa: 6'4", 226lbs, 19yo, cheap and about as good as Coburn. Great, great guy to have aboard.
M-E Vlasic: 88CON ... decent 2way defenseman. Pretty interesting to have a guy like him my bottom pairing. He's kinda expensive for his role though.
Ryan Murphy: Likely to spend time on the PP and depending on his progression he could share ice with Phaneuf once in a while. We'll see how things turn out for him. I sure don't mind giving him a shot.

Up front.
I made it clear from the start, I want this team to be able to play on the edge while also being able to score.
David Krejci: Offensive dynamo. I hope he'll find some chemistry with some guys here.
Alex Tanguay: Good playmaker. He's proven that he can put points on the score sheet in the past. Let's see how is return in a Flames uniform goes.
Shawn Horcoff: Good two-way centerman. Can log in big minutes. Can play on a offensive line but would be a better fit on a trap kinda line. We'll see with him, he's actively being shopped.
Bobby Ryan: Returning 30G scorer. He'll be fine, I have faith in him. He can bang.
Nikolai Zherdev: He loves it here averaging almost a point per game since joining my team. He can also bang.
Shawn Matthias: Plays ridiculously well on this team filled with physical players. Great at making plays. He's where he should be. He bangs hard.
Ryan Stoa: Natural power forward, he can finish Shawn Matthias' play. He sure can bang.
Nik Bjugstad: He's been awesome in WPG last season. Returning from an injury, I expect him to be even better. He's a monster and of course he can bang.
Tomas Filippi: New face here in Calgary. He's a lesser version of Ryan Stoa but there's no doubt in my mind that he'll fit in perfectly. He will not shy away from a bang.
Max Gardiner: Another big US born player joining this team. I have faith he'll develop into a 3rd line C or a GREAT 4th line one. He's kind of a lesser version of Matthias which is great. I know he'll bang.
Quinton Howden: Another big guy with a good shot. He and Gardiner are most likely boing to be partners as Gardiner looks to be the playmaker and Howden the finisher. There's no way he won't bang.
Rene Bourque: If in the lineup, he maybe can score and maybe can bang.
Jesse Winchester: He's a big guy that wins faceoff, let's see if he ends up cracking the lineup come October. Does not bang enough though.
Georges Laraque: He deserved to be part of my team. I lost Elsner and Caputi during this offseason so I needed someone for those games against ex-teammate Kurt Sauer's Coyotes and someone in Buffalo named Zach Kassian still needs to be beaten up real bad. He's the strongest guy in the league, he can drop the mitts with two different guys at the same time and he puts fear in opposing players' mind and he's a leader. Seriously, anyone has doubts that he can bang?

Projected Lineup:

David Krejci - Shawn Horcoff - Alex Tanguay
Ryan Stoa - Shawn Matthias - Nikolai Zherdev
Tomas Filippi - Nick Bjugstad - Bobby Ryan
Quinton Howden - Max Gardiner - George Laraque/Rene Bourque/Jesse Winchester...maybe Boyd/Jokinen ... we'll see.

Dion Phaneuf - Kevin Shattenkirk
Braydon Coburn - Jani Hakanpaa
M.E. Vlasic - Ryan Murphy

Kipper
Roy/Howard

What needs to be improved.
- 1st line C. Horcoff could surprise me with new linemates but on paper it's not totally where I want to be.
- 3rd line C. Not that Bjugstad's bad but I want a better guy at faceoffs until Gardiner improves.
- 4th line R or L. Gardiner's there at C for now. It's no biggie but it still can be improved.

I'm almost there. Not much missing on this plan I had since joining EHEC.
GM Office Q

Re: Projected Flames 2012-2013 Lineup.

Post by GM Office Q »

Calgary.Flames wrote:I want this team to be a hard team to play against. I want this team to have to ability to score AND to defend.
Bold strategy.

Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

I don't know who that guy is and I don't fully understand what a "bold" strategy is.
The one thing I know is that this dude wouldn't be good fit on my team.
He too "sofff" like Michel Therrien would say.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

ctrl+f bang 11 results.

Better get your team a lifetime supply of condoms or keep them away from the clubs.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Again, I don't know if you're making fun of my written english but at least I'm trying to contribute.
GoJetsGo

Post by GoJetsGo »

Calgary.Flames wrote:I don't know who that guy is and I don't fully understand what a "bold" strategy is.
The one thing I know is that this dude wouldn't be good fit on my team.
He too "sofff" like Michel Therrien would say.

Dodgeball. Effin A Cotton, Effin A!
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Calgary.Flames wrote:Again, I don't know if you're making fun of my written english but at least I'm trying to contribute.
We mock because we care. :P
Parker

Post by Parker »

They're just mocking the statement that you want your team to be able to score and defend... everyone wants that for their team. :D

Interesting write-up, though.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Everyone wants that but yet I'm the one achieving the most! Suck on that, Dan.
I know how scary my lineup looks. :D

Return to “Team News”