Ottawa Gazette

Moderator: SharksGM

SensGM

Ottawa Gazette

Post by SensGM »

After having celebrated his first victory on the Buffalo Sabres, the Sens GM announced that the board already made his choice for the NHL 2012 entry draft 1st selection.
"Yeah, players like Yakupov and Murray look really praised this year. They're very talented, no doubt. Our scouting reports from Europe listed several good players too. That's not been easy to decide, but it seems that one player in particular will perfectly fit in the organisation's game philosophy."
With 15 games to go, the Sens are looking forward the next season, and some young talents in the organisation will get the chance to show up in the big league.
SensGM

Re: Ottawa Gazette

Post by SensGM »

Here we are!!!

The Sens will face the Montreal Canadiens tonight in Montreal for the season opening game.
We got a Q/A with the french General Manager Nicolas Antonoff:

-How was the summer Nick?
Well, as usual, we worked a lot to prepare the upcoming season. We had a lot to do to build a team that we judged will be competitive for the season.
Even if we look young, I truely trust in our coaching staff to have a great season.

-The preseason camp has been really intense, hasn't it?
That's true. Robbie (Ftorek) was expecting a lot from all the guys in the training camp. The young guns worked to win a spot here in Ottawa. I'm really happy with what i saw.

-Could u comment on the team's strenghts and weaknesses?
We have a highly physical defense with Volchenkov, Greene or Svedberg. We wanted to bring some toughness and intensity in our game too, that is why i acquired a guy like Biggs. We still work on team building but i'm pretty confident in our skills and the passion the guys are gonna bring on the ice. I want this team to be very exciting to watch.
I won't tell anything about any weakness...

-What are the expectations for the upcoming season?
To improve day-by-day. I want the guys to give their best for the team and the fans. The results will come then.

-Thanks Nick.
Thx Brian.

A thousand of the Sens' fans are expected to show up in theBell Center. We all know the atmosphere will be electric tonight.
Watch your Sens from 6.30 pm EST!

Return to “Team News”