run-time error fastsimming

Moderator: SharksGM

Jets GM

run-time error fastsimming

Post by Jets GM »

I've done two sims in the past few months that crash 6.9.2014 with a "run time overflow" error. Anyone else have this happen?
Most recent file here.
Virtual Jarmo

Re: run-time error fastsimming

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Dan thinks it has to do with the team budgets. I tried to reset them and sim ahead, but to no avail. It seems to be a preseason-only issue, so I'm not entirely sure what it could be. If it has to do with team budgets, it's probably going to be teams signing FAs during training camp to absurd contracts.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Dan thinks it has to do with the team budgets. I tried to reset them and sim ahead, but to no avail. It seems to be a preseason-only issue, so I'm not entirely sure what it could be. If it has to do with team budgets, it's probably going to be teams signing FAs during training camp to absurd contracts.
Any chance you have a file past that date that is recent (2013 draft class included) that I, and other GMs, could fastsim with?
Most recent file here.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

its 7.9.2014, not 6.
Most recent file here.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Tampa Bay GM wrote:
Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:Dan thinks it has to do with the team budgets. I tried to reset them and sim ahead, but to no avail. It seems to be a preseason-only issue, so I'm not entirely sure what it could be. If it has to do with team budgets, it's probably going to be teams signing FAs during training camp to absurd contracts.
Any chance you have a file past that date that is recent (2013 draft class included) that I, and other GMs, could fastsim with?
I don't have one, but somebody else might.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

I'm looking to see how the 2013 draft class develops. If anyone has a file that started during this years pre/regular season and can share, thank you very much. :D
Most recent file here.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Take manual control of the teams that play that day. If you're bored, try one by one until it doesn't crash anymore.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

SharksGM wrote:Take manual control of the teams that play that day. If you're bored, try one by one until it doesn't crash anymore.
Ya thats what I did. Took control for all 30 until end of pre-season. Seems to be working.
Most recent file here.
Montreal Canadiens

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

yeah has to do with the budgets and also contracts. If too many people are making way too much money, it'll crash. Go in and look at all the contracts if certain teams have a bunch of high priced players, just edit their salary down to nothing in players file.

Return to “The Sports Bar”