House of Cards

Moderator: SharksGM

Montreal Canadiens

House of Cards

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Anybody watch this? The remake not the original one from the UK in the 90's.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: House of Cards

Post by SharksGM »

I'm still trying to finish The Wire, gimme a break.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Haven't tried it. May not, since the original UK series was so fucking good.
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Gonna start watching it soon. Need to finish up Sherlock then I'll jump on it.
Commish Bub(NYR)

CapsGM wrote:Gonna start watching it soon. Need to finish up Sherlock then I'll jump on it.
What do you think of the latest season of Sherlock?
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Bub(NYR) wrote:
CapsGM wrote:Gonna start watching it soon. Need to finish up Sherlock then I'll jump on it.
What do you think of the latest season of Sherlock?
On season 2 still. I'll watch the season finale sometime this week.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

I couldn't get through the first episode of House of Cards. I did binge watch The League on Netflix and lately I've been watching stand-up comedians.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

House of Cards season 1 was pretty good. I can only assume season 2 is going to be just as good.
I am a fan of Spacey though, so my judgement might be biased.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Just (finally) started watching the first season of Homeland. Pretty good so far, but it's early.

Tonight I think it's NHL Center Ice, though. Just because.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Bub(NYR) wrote:Just (finally) started watching the first season of Homeland. Pretty good so far, but it's early.

The first season of Homeland was excellent. Second season was ok. Third season was shit.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Commish Bub(NYR)

I've head that elsewhere, as well. So, two seasons only then. :)
CapsGM

Post by CapsGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
Bub(NYR) wrote:Just (finally) started watching the first season of Homeland. Pretty good so far, but it's early.

The first season of Homeland was excellent. Second season was ok. Third season was shit.
The second half of the third season really picked up IMO. But the first half was total garbage.

I still don't plan on watching the fourth season (unless I hear it's as good as the first) - the third season's finale was excellent closure and I don't see where the writers can go from there.
Montreal Canadiens

Agreed on Homeland, I thought the first 2 seasons were good and the first half of 3 was pretty boring, second half was good, but with the way they ended it I see a tough way to have a successful Season 4.

Season 2 was awesome with House of Cards Julien, should watch it.

I'd give it a chance Adam, it is a bit slow to get going (House of Cards) but then gets into some deep political drama. I thought the first 2 seasons were excellent, and I can't wait for season 3 (stupid year away). Kevin Spacey is freakin awesome, same with Robin Wright.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

A few people have recommended House of Cards to me in the last couple weeks, but I have like 10 currently running shows that I watch as well as trying to get through old series(currently in season 5 of The Sopranos, next is The Wire).

I really liked Homeland season one and haven't started 2 but I think I'll give it a chance since I'm a huge Damien Lewis fan. I fucken hate Claire Danes though. :lol:

Also,

True Detective is a pretty solid show. Matthew McConaughey can do no wrong.
Last edited by TorontoGM on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edmonton Mike

Post by Edmonton Mike »

Season 2 starts with a bang. Loved it. Took me less than 48hrs to get through it.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

TorontoGM wrote:Also,

True Detective is a lot like American Hustle to me. Excellent cast, good story, good writing, but it's just moving so slowly. I watched the first two episodes and couldn't get myself to keep going. With American Hustle, it was a movie, so it was easy to get through. But 10 hours of True Detective just seems so much more difficult. I can't really explain it. McConaughey and Harrelson were fantastic in the two episodes I watched, but I just couldn't keep going.
Adam Burke
Commish Bub(NYR)

TorontoGM wrote:A few people have recommended House of Cards to me in the last couple weeks, but I have like 10 currently running shows that I watch as well as trying to get through old series(currently in season 5 of The Sopranos, next is The Wire).

I really liked Homeland season one and haven't started 2 but I think I'll give it a chance since I'm a huge Damien Lewis fan. I fucken hate Claire Danes though. :lol:

Also,

You're gonna love The Wire. Although I can't get through the final season. Too much bad shit even for that show.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Commissioner (CBJ) wrote:
TorontoGM wrote:Also,

True Detective is a lot like American Hustle to me. Excellent cast, good story, good writing, but it's just moving so slowly. I watched the first two episodes and couldn't get myself to keep going. With American Hustle, it was a movie, so it was easy to get through. But 10 hours of True Detective just seems so much more difficult. I can't really explain it. McConaughey and Harrelson were fantastic in the two episodes I watched, but I just couldn't keep going.
They definitely ease into it quite slowly but honestly, give it two more episodes. Episode four has a 6 minute single take tracking shot that is pure art.
Last edited by TorontoGM on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

TorontoGM wrote:They definitely ease into it quite slowly but honestly, give it two more episodes. Episode four has a 6 minute single take tracking shot that is pure art.
I'll do that. It had plenty of promise.
Adam Burke
Montreal Canadiens

What's the wire? Is it on netflix? I need to start a new show and Sons of Anarchy isnt on netflix in Canada.
Commish Bub(NYR)

The first four minutes of The Wire, courtesy of Saint Youtube. And it's on Netflix, but not streaming.

Return to “The Sports Bar”