Windows 7

Moderator: SharksGM

GM Office Q

Windows 7

Post by GM Office Q »

So, my computer crashed and I now have Windows 7. Its awesome, except when I go to load EHM I get this:
Component 'MCI32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
I have downloaded 1.16 and the OCX files (and placed them in the main directory) and have also done the runtime thing. Any idea why its still giving me this garbage?
Virtual Jarmo

Re: Windows 7

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

http://www.htsoftware.com/Downloads/MCI32.OCX

Download it and place it in your c:\windows\system32 directory.

Maybe doing it with just that one file will help.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

No luck. I tried this:
start -> Accsesories -> Command Prompt
then type in:
cd..
cd..
cd Program Files
cd Eastside Hockey Manager (you have to go to your ehm directory with the cd, cd.. commands,
so if it's not c:/program files/eastside hockey manager, go to your ehm directory)
regsvr32 mscal.ocx
regsvr32 mci32.ocx
regsvr32 msflxgrd.ocx
regsvr32 tabctl32.ocx
But get:
The module "all of them.ocx" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x8002801c.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Ryan and I think that the problem with the savefile has to do with a Windows 7 compatibility issue with EHM. When he checks the last modified time, the only thing he gets is the time when he installed EHM. He simmed and it wouldn't save and overwrite the existing files.

Try checking around fhockey. I just tried accessing their forums, but it seemed to be down for me.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
dave(isles)

Post by dave(isles) »

im not a computer wiz like some of you but i heard that you have to run ehm in admin mode for it to work...this is from other leagues im in.,,,
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Yeah, that solved my problems with EHM in Vista. Windows 7 shouldn't be any different.
GM Office Q

Post by GM Office Q »

Got it to work. All I did was restart with my new .ocx and run as an admin. Thanks guys!
BSBullies

Post by BSBullies »

I knew I had to run as admin or EHM wouldn't run period, it seems like this is something different though.
Oilers_GM

Win 7

Post by Oilers_GM »

really off topic... but

been having trouble with player scout - i now have the DLL file it says it wants but it still says i need to have it installed... - file is in the proper place.

I have 7 Pro - because i wanted the option to run programs in XP mode - and i'm running EHM in XP mode.

additionally - any thoughts on this - i managed to connect my old hard drive so i could move files that way.. but the OS keeps telling me i don't have proper authorization to view a picture... or listen to music or open any sort of document.

thoughts??

i would like to get my Commander Keen game going again :P
Oilers_GM

Post by Oilers_GM »

I'm running it in XP mode though and saving seems to work ok. Course i am the admin so perhaps that is also why... but then... well see my other topic... didn't realize this was here already. Not sure if the thread can be moved/ merged into this one.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Topic merged.
Adam Burke
Montreal Canadiens

Re: Win 7

Post by Montreal Canadiens »

Oilers_GM wrote:really off topic... but

been having trouble with player scout - i now have the DLL file it says it wants but it still says i need to have it installed... - file is in the proper place.

I have 7 Pro - because i wanted the option to run programs in XP mode - and i'm running EHM in XP mode.

additionally - any thoughts on this - i managed to connect my old hard drive so i could move files that way.. but the OS keeps telling me i don't have proper authorization to view a picture... or listen to music or open any sort of document.

thoughts??

i would like to get my Commander Keen game going again :P
sounds like you don't have admin rights and the admin settings are pretty tight.
Oilers_GM

Post by Oilers_GM »

ok the installer is saying that the .dll may not be compataible with windows - anyway to find out??

anyone else using player scout on Win 7?
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

player scout works dandy for me.

also strangely enough didn't have a single one of the issues getting eastside loaded on win 7 pro 64
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

EVerything related to EHM doesn't work on my new lap with Windows 7. I NEED HELP!

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”