Blues can't figure out the Pens

Moderator: SharksGM

Singin the BLUES

Blues can't figure out the Pens

Post by Singin the BLUES »

Marty St Louis sits in his dressing room stall shaking his head and is almost speechless. " I don't know what to say honestly. We have improved at almost every aspect of our game now and we still can't get the W. We got blown out in game 1, and put up a very good fight in game 2 and we still came up short." He looks around the dressing room and sees a room full of players with alot of heart. " I know we can put it all together and bring the Cup to St Louis but, each and every player in this room, including myself, needs to start bringing their A game. There is no second chances here at all, we are on the big stage now.

Some of Martys teammates echos his words. Marion Gaborik told us "It is time for some of the younger players to chip in and show what they are made of. We need our d men to start putting the puck in the back of the net. Whatever it takes, just get it done." The Blues defense have a combined 11 goals with Kulikov and Regehr getting more then half of those. Cody Franson has stuck with no goals thru out the whole playoffs. " I dont know what it is, i haven't had all that many shots but not one has gone in. I would love to break this curse in the next game." Another shocker is Dougie Hamilton being held to just one goal in 25 shots and we all know that Hamilton has a shot that usually finds it mark alot of the time. Hamilton tells me that he thinks it is just the Cup jitters." I know i will break out of this slump and hopefully it is sooner then later. I think we have the team that can keep up with the Pens to some point but we just have been able to get it together and hold them off"

Not sure if Kari Lehtonen will be between the pipes is game 3 but if he isnt playing up to par then watch for Antero Nittymaki to try and prove that he can help the Blues dig themselves out of an even bigger hole then they are right now. Down 2-0 in the series the next game is a crucial one." We need to play as a team, not individuals. Get it going like a finally tuned machine so to say. We need all of our forwards back checking and everyone to play their man when needed. If we can do all of that, we can come back in this series."

What the record is in EHEC for teams coming back in the finals after being down 2-0 is not known at the time, but hopefully the Blues can put their names along side those teams that have done it. They need to play solid hockey and try and catch the Pens sleeping if they can. There was a big improvement from game one to game two, the Pens were held scoreless on their powerplay after going 2-2 in the first game. So there is a pretty good start and the Blues were even 1-3 on their powerplay in game two. So things are indeed looking up but the Blues had better hurry before the series gets too out of hand for them to try and get back into it. Their game on Thursday night will be their first home game of the series and we are sure that the fans will help them get their game back up to par. It will be a hell of a battle, hope the Blues fans can get them back into the series.

Return to “Team News”