L.A. Kings draft review

Moderator: SharksGM

Kings GM

L.A. Kings draft review

Post by Kings GM »

Before the start of the draft, the Kings had 6 drafts picks. They had the 17, 62, 77, 81, 167 and 207. I did not like what's left on board when my turn to draft came, so i decided to trade the pick on the clock to Ottawa for the Montreal 2015 1st rd pick. Also trade my 77 and 81 pick to the Rangers to move up and select 64. Here's a look of the Kings draft pick.

Pick 62
Jakub Vrána, RW, Linkopings (SWE)
6' 187lbs
Projection: speedy winger, 2nd line RW
Vrána project to be a 2nd/3rd line player, with good all-around offensive skill and responsible defensively. He's skating is off the charts, but his consistency is an issues.
Comparable player: Martin Havlat
NHL: 2016-2017

Pick 64
Pierre Engvall, LW, Frölunda (SWE)
6'4 191lbs
Projection: defensive forward, 3rd line winger
Engvall have limited offensives skills, but he's really responsible in his own end. If Engvall reach his full potential, he will likely play 3rd line and on the top penalty killer. He have good hockey IQ, but he's a little inconsistent.
Comparable player: Martin Hanzal
NHL: 2017-2018

Pick 167
Anders Bjork, C, USNTDP (USHL)
6' 182lbs
Projection: defensive forward, 4th line center
U.S. born Bjork he's like Engvall, responsible in his own end, but with less offensives skills and less physical. He project to be a fourth line center, good on faceoff and play on the 2nd PK unit. Bjork will need time to develop.
Comparable player: John Madden
NHL: 2017-18

Pick 207
Kyle Jenkins, D, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
6'1 165
Projection: AHL defenseman, NHL 6-7 d-man
Kyle Jenkins have good playmaking ability and read the play really well. He'll need to had muscle to his thin frame and will need time in the minors to develop.
NHL: 2018-2019

Return to “Team News”