New Washington GM

Moderator: SharksGM

Commish Bub(NYR)

New Washington GM

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Guys, give a welcome to Ted Leavey, our new GM of the Washington Capitals. Welcome aboard, Ted, and don't hesitate to send me or anyone else a PM with any questions or issues you have while getting started.
AnaheimGM

Re: New Washington GM

Post by AnaheimGM »

Welcome Ted!!
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Ditto what Bub said, the staff are here to help. Don't hesitate to PM with any question.
Most recent file here.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Cheers!
AP21 (ARZ)

Post by AP21 (ARZ) »

Welcome to the league, Ted.
BlackHawk Down (Seb)

Post by BlackHawk Down (Seb) »

Welcome in !
Washington GM

Post by Washington GM »

Thanks all. I've been in online leagues for 3+ years. Currently in THEL, which is the combination of the former THP & HFEL leagues. We are just entering our 5th season there. Also, where do I post lines at?
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

You go into the GM office at the top right corner.....and then do everything in there......good luck
Commish Bub(NYR)

Washington GM wrote:Thanks all. I've been in online leagues for 3+ years. Currently in THEL, which is the combination of the former THP & HFEL leagues. We are just entering our 5th season there. Also, where do I post lines at?
I need to give you access to GM Office. I don't have a few minutes now to do it, but will later this morning. In the meantime, you can always save your pro and farm lines as lns files, and email them to the league at commissioner@ehechockey.com. Once you're set up in GM Office, you won't need to do that anymore.
Washington GM

Post by Washington GM »

Bub(NYR) wrote:
Washington GM wrote:Thanks all. I've been in online leagues for 3+ years. Currently in THEL, which is the combination of the former THP & HFEL leagues. We are just entering our 5th season there. Also, where do I post lines at?
I need to give you access to GM Office. I don't have a few minutes now to do it, but will later this morning. In the meantime, you can always save your pro and farm lines as lns files, and email them to the league at commissioner@ehechockey.com. Once you're set up in GM Office, you won't need to do that anymore.
What do I need to download for the game? I've played in freeware leagues.
Singin the BLUES

Post by Singin the BLUES »

You havent ever been in a file league before?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Commish Bub(NYR)

Washington GM wrote:
Bub(NYR) wrote:
What do I need to download for the game? I've played in freeware leagues.
You should now have access to GM Office. Click on the link at the upper right hand corner of the boards, and go from there. One thing to note is that after making a change to a lineup, training, etc, you'll be prompted (it's a very small prompt) to click "OK" after the page refreshes. You need to do this in order for your change to take place. No files to download, nothing else to look at, unless you want to. I'll pm you with more info.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

You don't actually have to click OK, it's just that the page won't show your changes until you refresh it, click OK or do something else.
Washington GM

Post by Washington GM »

Singin the BLUES wrote:You havent ever been in a file league before?
No I haven't. Never owned the game. Learned by playing in leagues.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Washington GM wrote:
Singin the BLUES wrote:You havent ever been in a file league before?
No I haven't. Never owned the game. Learned by playing in leagues.
There's no "owning" of the game. It's a free software program: http://ehm.fhockey.com/resources/eastside_setup.exe

Also these: http://ehm.fhockey.com/resources/ocx_files.zip & http://ehm.fhockey.com/resources/vbrun60sp3.EXE

Run as Administrator and possibly change the Compatibility Mode to Windows 2000 or XP Service Pack 2 or something because it's an old program.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

Ted, it's a big undertaking to learn about EHM and how to use it for EHEC (an online EHM league). It will be well worth your time since EHEC kicks so much ass, but I suggest you check out the Fhockey EHM 101 page. Even though using the actual freeware software isn't really necessary any more, it will still help in your learning.

Take some time to explore the game, EHEC website and GM Office. When you have questions, which you most certainly will, please PM Julien (CGY) or myself (TB). We will be happy to help you gain the knowledge you will need to run your team.

See you on the ice!
Most recent file here.

Return to “GM Memos and General Chatter”