2015 ARBITRATION HEARINGS

Moderator: SharksGM

Calgary.Flames

2015 ARBITRATION HEARINGS

Post by Calgary.Flames »

PM me if something's wrong. This is goalies + Rights' trading.

We will ask that you determine length BEFORE we hand out the cases, simply because length can affect salary, just like in real life.

Both arbitration process aren't exactly done the same way and this is a reminder of how it's done.

Goalies ARB: When we'll PM you, we ask that you get back to us with a number, comparables and some sort of explanations as to why you think your goalie is worth what you're offering. The arbitrator will do the same thing. When Bub gets both replies, he'll look into it and he'll award a salary himself which you can chose to accept or decline. If you accept the award, your goalie will be signed to a new deal. If not, he'll become an unrestricted free agent.

Rights' ARB: Unlike goalie ARB, you only need to come up with a number, no explanations or comparables needed here. Arbitrator does the same here again. Once we get your number, if that number falls within 90% of what the arbitrator had, then your player will accept your offer. If you are not within that range, you will have a 2nd attempt. If you fail again to meet the 90% then your player will become an unrestricted free agent. You can always try and sign him after, but other teams will also be able to extend offers to this guy this time around.

Everything is done via PMs.

ANA:
ARZ: Bernier, Greiss, McNeely
BOS: Yandle, Smid
BUF: Leclaire, Schneider, Smaby
CGY: Ruutu
CAR:
CHI: Price
COL: Staal
CBJ: Binnington
DAL: Barker, Cole
DET: Armstrong, Perron
EDM:
FLA:
LA:
MIN: Subban
MTL: Kronwall
NAS:
NJ: Gillies
NYI:
NYR: Liston, Lundqvist
OTT: Fleury
PHI: Varlamov
PIT: Girardi, Anikeyenko
SJ:
STL: Giroux, Boyes, Mason, Auld, Morris, Johnson
TB: Pasquale
TOR: Perhonen
VAN: Vasilevsky
WAS:
WPG:
Buffalo LEPS

Re: 2015 ARBITRATION HEARINGS

Post by Buffalo LEPS »

Does Logan Shaw must pass by arbitration ?

So I can negociate Schneider even after he did not accept his PO ?
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Buffalo LEPS

Post by Buffalo LEPS »

Thx.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

We've started sending out PMs regarding goalie arbitrations today. If you haven't yet received one, don't worry. We'll get to you soon enough. :lol:
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

DAL: Barker
+ Erik Cole
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Dallas Stars GM wrote:
DAL: Barker
+ Erik Cole
Thanks. Added.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Just a reminder:

When submitting your contract offers for your arbitration hearings, don't forget to add contract length. We will default to 1 year if you don't put anything.
Dallas Stars GM

Post by Dallas Stars GM »

When will the ARB start?
STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS 2020, 2022
Commish Bub(NYR)

Since I've heard back from all the arbitrators, and all but one of the GMs on the goalie arbitrations, I'm shortly going to start posting my rulings in each team's contract offers thread. You may or may not be happy with what you're about to see... :P

Also, since we've recently added a rule about escalating contracts that are longer than 4 years, I'm going to offer you all this: IF you offered a goalie a contract of longer than 4 years, and the arbitration ruling is higher than the amount you offered, you can alter your contract offer to 4 years (rather than 5-7 years). This will only apply to cases outlined above; if you offered 4 or fewer years, that will not change. If you sent in no years with your offer, the contract will be for 1 year.

Now, about rights trade arbitrations. Read up on the process, and you can begin sending those offers to me. I'll get arbitrators lined up, and we'll try to get through those as quickly as possible. Once those are done, we will tidy up any outstanding issues, I'll enter in all the pending contracts, trades, etc, and we'll advance to free agency. I don't see us getting to free agency before next week, and will definitely keep everyone posted before it starts.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Goalie arbitrations have been posted. I expect most of you will be unhappy, which means my work as commish has been successful. :lol: Accept or reject the awards within your contracts thread.

Time to start getting your rights trades offers in. PM them to me. Two goalies (Bernier and Mason) are included in this list. Read up on rights trades in the rules and make your offers accordingly. I'm going to enter in approved trades and recent staff offers, but am still holding off on contracts until the arbs are wrapped up.
Nero Avalanche

Post by Nero Avalanche »

i think Marc Staal for me
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Send in your offers, people. Keep this thing moving.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Bumping instructions back up in case it isn't clear yet.
Calgary.Flames wrote:PM me if something's wrong. This is goalies + Rights' trading.

We will ask that you determine length BEFORE we hand out the cases, simply because length can affect salary, just like in real life.

Both arbitration process aren't exactly done the same way and this is a reminder of how it's done.

Goalies ARB: When we'll PM you, we ask that you get back to us with a number, comparables and some sort of explanations as to why you think your goalie is worth what you're offering. The arbitrator will do the same thing. When Bub gets both replies, he'll look into it and he'll award a salary himself which you can chose to accept or decline. If you accept the award, your goalie will be signed to a new deal. If not, he'll become an unrestricted free agent.

Rights' ARB: Unlike goalie ARB, you only need to come up with a number, no explanations or comparables needed here. Arbitrator does the same here again. Once we get your number, if that number falls within 90% of what the arbitrator had, then your player will accept your offer. If you are not within that range, you will have a 2nd attempt. If you fail again to meet the 90% then your player will become an unrestricted free agent. You can always try and sign him after, but other teams will also be able to extend offers to this guy this time around.

Everything is done via PMs.

ANA:
ARZ: Bernier, Greiss, McNeely
BOS: Yandle, Smid
BUF: Leclaire, Schneider, Smaby
CGY: Ruutu
CAR:
CHI: Price
COL: Staal
CBJ: Binnington
DAL: Barker, Cole
DET: Armstrong, Perron