NAS-CHI
TB-CBJ
DET-WSH
STL-CAR
SharksGM
Site Admin

Re: September 5, 2015

Post by SharksGM »

I get the dreaded run-time error advancing even one day. Anyone else?

If so, we'll have to run preseason through 1.17, skip it, or try something like halving every player's salary until the preseason is over, then putting them back.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

SharksGM wrote:I get the dreaded run-time error advancing even one day. Anyone else?

If so, we'll have to run preseason through 1.17, skip it, or try something like halving every player's salary until the preseason is over, then putting them back.
If this is going to be a persistent problem (and it does seem to be the problem, though why it came up at this point and not before the first set of games or earlier I have no idea), maybe we should look at rolling back our cap figures some. Using 90% as an example, we could make everyone's salary 90% of what it is, drop the cap 90%, drop the AHL cap hit penalty to anything over 900,000, adjust the buyout structure accordingly (and possibly adjust past buyouts as well), might have to redo the free agent spreadsheet...
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Thank god, hockey is back.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Miikka Kiprusoff's buy out hasn't gone through yet.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Vik (Habs) wrote:
SharksGM wrote:I get the dreaded run-time error advancing even one day. Anyone else?

If this is going to be a persistent problem (and it does seem to be the problem, though why it came up at this point and not before the first set of games or earlier I have no idea), maybe we should look at rolling back our cap figures some. Using 90% as an example, we could make everyone's salary 90% of what it is, drop the cap 90%, drop the AHL cap hit penalty to anything over 900,000, adjust the buyout structure accordingly (and possibly adjust past buyouts as well), might have to redo the free agent spreadsheet...
Pre-season works using 1.18. I wonder if it's salary related, given all the call-ups for training camp. I should try simming through camp and see what happens when rosters are back to normal.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Is there any compelling reason not to use 1.18 for the preseason? Or for the regular season, for that matter?
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

SharksGM wrote:Is there any compelling reason not to use 1.18 for the preseason? Or for the regular season, for that matter?
Pre-season, no. Regular season, there's a fighting bug in 18 that makes guys fight 3 times in a game, and get suspended.

Return to “Preseason”