NEW SEASON

Moderator: SharksGM

Calgary.Flames

NEW SEASON

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:
TorontoGM wrote:Well considering the NHL preseason doesn't start until the 20th, I assume we will be starting around then as well.
EHM starts its pre-season on September 5th, and since we've never gone about changing the pre-season schedule like we do for the regular season, we'll continue using the game-generated one.

So....I guess that means vacation's over! Pre-season games will start on September 5th! Waivers will take effect, training camps open, etc etc. So get those guys up on the pro team, get your player training set, and start sending in your lines via GMO. Remember that you do not need to be cap-compliant until the start of the regular season. You also need to leave at least ONE player on the farm so we don't crash the game as we advance.

I will update the file either tonight or tomorrow, with all trades, signings, etc. After that, check your rosters to make sure I haven't missed any signings (there will be some, promise) or call-ups.

As for the regular season, who wants to take on changing the schedule.ehm file to the actual NHL schedule? Dan has done it recent years, but he may have been lost to a box jellyfish or a wild dingo attack.

I can't believe that we're less than five weeks away from the start of the regular season. :?
Calgary.Flames

Re: NEW SEASON

Post by Calgary.Flames »

I took that from a different thread and made it as an announcement.
Get to work, guys.

Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Are we still on for tonight?
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Calgary.Flames wrote:Are we still on for tonight?
YES. I'll be doing the sim sometime after 9 tonight.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Okay, folks....

The game has been advanced to Oct. 2nd. Hopefully I've caught all roster moves, trades, signings, promotions/demotions, etc. If not, post them here. THANKS for your patience this off-season, esp with the slow responses from your league staff (coughCOMMISSIONERcough).

The season begins next Wednesday, October 7th. Now is the time to check your rosters, your coaches, your training, etc etc, to make sure players/coaches are where you want them. Also, set your lines in GMO whenever you can, to make sure it's working for you.

EDIT: I know already I didn't add in the draft rewards yet. I'll do that shortly.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Great work by everybody this offseason. Everything ran very smoothly.

Looking forward to the start of the year.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Are you going to bring the file to October 6th before doing the sim on the 7th or all at once?
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Luca Hischier's contract is at 0 years (should be 3). I'm thinking it's a minor problem that may extend to others recently signed to ELCs. I take it because things were edited in the players file, the game didn't realize that players were no longer simply on tryouts and, after the preseason, reset the years to 0 on their contracts.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Vik (Habs) wrote:Luca Hischier's contract is at 0 years (should be 3). I'm thinking it's a minor problem that may extend to others recently signed to ELCs. I take it because things were edited in the players file, the game didn't realize that players were no longer simply on tryouts and, after the preseason, reset the years to 0 on their contracts.
Noted. I'll check them out and fix any that need it.

Re simming: I'll definitely do at least one more advancing of the file before the season starts, so we can monitor rosters, etc.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Same thing happened to Émile Poirier.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Calgary.Flames wrote:Same thing happened to Émile Poirier.
Fixed. Plus Hischier, etc.

Advanced the game a day.
Virtual Jarmo

Post by Virtual Jarmo »

Same issue with Alexis Vanier. If you could assign him to AHL, that'd be great. Thanks.
Adam Burke
Former Commissioner, Current Jackets GM and Owner of Eastside's Hockey Elite Collide
Commish Bub(NYR)

Virtual Jarmo (CBJ) wrote:Same issue with Alexis Vanier. If you could assign him to AHL, that'd be great. Thanks.
Will do.

Also, a remineder to GMs: check that you have no more than 50 total contracts, counting pro, farm, and signed prospects. I haven't checked yet, but we will be enforcing this by releasing players once the season starts.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:
Calgary.Flames wrote:Same thing happened to Émile Poirier.
Fixed. Plus Hischier, etc.

Advanced the game a day.
Poirier's in the AHL but his contract length still shows a doughnut.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Advanced a day. Took care of remaining ELC issues (hopefully all of them), dealt with free agents, inputted trades.

If you want it, league file here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip

We have a few GMs who haven't checked in for some time; we're working on getting them back in, and will keep folks posted.

Season starts in 2 days!
BLUESGM

Post by BLUESGM »

Awesome! So I do have time to make roster decisions! See everyone in two days :)
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

I know it's just a junk file hanging out on the website for the last couple years, but could ehechockey.com/players.ehm get a refresh? Or is there a better way to search the whole file if i'm out and about?
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

Jungle Cats wrote:I know it's just a junk file hanging out on the website for the last couple years, but could ehechockey.com/players.ehm get a refresh? Or is there a better way to search the whole file if i'm out and about?
http://www.ehechockey.com/files/players.ehm is the file that the website (GMCP, etc.) uses. There's also schedule.ehm, teams.ehm, boxscores.ehm and a few others.
Jungle Cats

Post by Jungle Cats »

Doi. :lol: thanks.
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Might not be around tomorrow so here's what things are looking like with the current file:

1) Salary cap
COL 91,120,000
EDM 76,271,250
STL 75,143,917
WPG 74,877,500
VAN 71,327,500
FLA 69,275,000
PIT 68,785,000
CHI 68,495,000
WSH 68,212,500
BUF 68,052,500
=============== Cap
NSH 67,884,333
DET 67,858,749
T.B 67,851,668
ANA 67,732,833
CBJ 67,406,833
OTT 67,287,252
N.J 67,285,989
TOR 66,982,335
S.J 66,691,983
DAL 66,377,677
CAR 66,100,000
L.A 65,542,500
ARI 65,274,584
CGY 65,250,000
BOS 65,005,000
MIN 64,755,000
PHI 64,238,708
NYR 63,604,463
NYI 62,893,438
=============== Floor
MTL 38,741,000

2) Pro Roster
MTL 7
MIN 21
OTT 21

3) Underagers
N.J 5
T.B 4
TOR 4

4) Contracts
BUF 53
MTL 53
ARI 53
T.B 53
CHI 52
FLA 52
STL 52

I know St. Louis has posted some moves that should fix things for them and I've made the appropriate changes to make my team compliant (at least until the TC gets to the Knot deal).

Other than that, I think most teams should be able to get under the cap (Colorado's way over because they still haven't demoted anyone). Edmonton and Winnipeg are the two that stand out to me as needing to make some decisions.
MartyFromOTTAWA

Post by MartyFromOTTAWA »

Vik (Habs) wrote:Might not be around tomorrow so here's what things are looking like with the current file:

2) Pro Roster
MTL 7
MIN 21
OTT 21
Hmm, is it a pb?
BlackHawk Down (Seb)

Post by BlackHawk Down (Seb) »

I think Marty you need 22 min, max 23.

Season starts tonight ?

What is the penalty/sanctions for team who will be over the cap ? Under the roster minimum to avoid being over the cap ? What about too many underagers ?

I think this needs to be straighten out now and sanctions applied from day 1.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

We'll be discussing this issue but don't expect any major penalties, just like in the past.

There won't be any penalties for not meeting the roster MIN. or for being over the 50 contracts limit, but what we said we would do is hand out warnings at first and then if the GM doesn't take care of the issue, we are going to be releasing/promoting guys ourselves and some of them might have to clear waivers to be sent down again.

The way we'll count cap hits this year, starting from 0$ and going up each game day, we won't need pro-ration (as it is pro-ration in itself) and teams who start the year by being over the cap (although it will not be permitted in the long run) will be penalized going further by not having as much cap space as other teams who had cap room right from the get go.»

This is not ideal but it's a work in progress for now and it'll be straighten out very soon.

--- That's just me speaking here, Bub can decide otherwise. ---
MartyFromOTTAWA wrote:
Vik (Habs) wrote:Might not be around tomorrow so here's what things are looking like with the current file:

2) Pro Roster
MTL 7
MIN 21
OTT 21
Hmm, is it a pb?
Like Seb said, you need 22 or 23 players on your roster at all times. Injured guys don't count but suspended players do.
TorontoGM

Post by TorontoGM »

Once Brandon Halverson is assigned to the juniors, we gucci.
Commish Bub(NYR)

BlackHawk Down (Seb) wrote:Season starts tonight ?
SEASON STARTS TONIGHT. Four games on tap, including your opening night loss to the Rangers. :P
Commish Bub(NYR)

Since I'm old and approaching coma-state on most evenings by 9pm, I'm thinking about moving sim times up to 8:00pm (Eastern time US) as the earliest a sim could happen on any given evening.

Anyone have a major exception to that possible change? It won't happen tonight, and in fact probably not until next week, if changed at all.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

I don't care. Could be earlier if you'd like... or a lot later if you're living in Australia.

Anyway, we shouldn't have a word to say about when you guys are simming. (As long as you are actually simming :lol: )
That's a huge job to start with, so WE are going to follow YOU. Not the other way around.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Calgary.Flames wrote:I don't care. Could be earlier if you'd like... or a lot later if you're living in Australia.

Anyway, we shouldn't have a word to say about when you guys are simming. (As long as you are actually simming :lol: )
That's a huge job to start with, so WE are going to follow YOU. Not the other way around.
Thanks, man. We do set a time tho so anyone who can't get to the site or their file during the day has a bit of time to get to it before we sim. At least, that's why I feel like doing regular season sims in the middle of my day doesn't feel "fair," if that makes sense. I guess with GMO and everyone being able to plug into the internet pretty much anywhere anytime, that's less relevant today.
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

If you were to sim in the middle of the day, then I wouldn't have to wait for the results at night and I'd have time planning tomorrow.

It's all the same if you ask me. WE WILL ADAPT TO YOU. Just don't leave us.
flyergp21

Post by flyergp21 »

Agreed, of course. :)
Commish Bub(NYR)

Calgary.Flames wrote:If you were to sim in the middle of the day, then I wouldn't have to wait for the results at night and I'd have time planning tomorrow.

It's all the same if you ask me. WE WILL ADAPT TO YOU. Just don't leave us.
Aw...hearts and flowers, Julien. Just don't expect to get past the first round again this year. :lol: (sorry...)
Calgary.Flames

Post by Calgary.Flames »

You, of all people, should have a lot more respect for the older guys.
Not saying you are old...

Actually, that's exactly what I'm saying.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Starting the sim now, folks. That means I will NOT be checking for updated files starting right now, since I have a lot of work to do on the players.ehm file. I will, however, check once more for lines files right before running the games, in a bit.

Return to “League Memos”