Moderator: SharksGM

Commish Bub(NYR)

April 5, 2016

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Results here: http://www.ehechockey.com/schedule.php

Standings here: http://www.ehechockey.com/standings.php

League leaders here: http://www.ehechockey.com/leagueleaders.php

League file here: http://www.ehechockey.com/ehec.zip

For the second time in EHEC history, we have a career-ending injury. Tomas Kaberle (ARZ) will retire after tonight's game, suffering an injury at the hands of CHI's Colton Gillies. Gillies gets a 10-game suspension. Sorry, Alex. Bad break.

BOS 4 - CAR 0
BUF 5 - NJ 4 (ot)
WSH 4 - NYI 0
NYR 3 - TB 2
FLA 7 - MTL 6 (so)
PIT 5 - OTT 3
COL 5 - NAS 3
SJ 6 - MIN 2
CHI 5 - ARZ 3
CGY 2 - LA 1 (so)
ANA 4 - WPG 2
Devils_GM

Re: April 5, 2016

Post by Devils_GM »

Blew a 4-1 lead........... That's probably the end of our playoff hopes unfortunately.
Commish Bub(NYR)

Post by Commish Bub(NYR) »

Devils_GM wrote:Blew a 4-1 lead........... That's probably the end of our playoff hopes unfortunately.
You're not dead yet...Although if TOR wins against CBJ tomorrow night, you might be.

And what about Anaheim? Just 2 points behind Edmonton now!
Vik (Habs)

Post by Vik (Habs) »

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:For the second time in EHEC history, we have a career-ending injury. Tomas Kaberle (ARZ) will retire after tonight's game, suffering an injury at the hands of CHI's Colton Gillies. Gillies gets a 10-game suspension. Sorry, Alex. Bad break.
Wow. I had one the very first time I played but I don't think I've seen two in the same file. Other than possibly one that I worked on for over 40 years.

Commish Bub(NYR) wrote:FLA 7 - MTL 6 (so)
7-6 with an 8 round shoot out sounds like fun but I think there's been a mistake. The file says that Chris Kreider got a hat trick in under 9 minutes of icetime. That can't be right.
And suddenly Ryan Suter's +/- doesn't seem half as bad.

After typing that I looked at the notes for the game...

Code: Select all

-Chris Kreider finally ended his 36 game goal drought.
-Chris Kreider finally ended his 20 game point drought.
Quite the breakout for him.

Dallas is at 51 contracts.
SharksGM
Site Admin

Post by SharksGM »

I'll take the win and run, even if it was against a basement-dweller (no offense Chris) and even if the stupid Flames barely managed to keep the Kings to one point.

I almost feel bad about Kaberle since he was one of my favourite Leafs.. but I'm not so fond of EHEC Kaberle, who has already lasted years beyond his best-before date.

e: I suppose some back patting is due for being the first team to hit 300 goals for. Maybe the only team this season?
AP21 (ARZ)

Post by AP21 (ARZ) »

SharksGM wrote:I'll take the win and run, even if it was against a basement-dweller (no offense Chris) and even if the stupid Flames barely managed to keep the Kings to one point.

I almost feel bad about Kaberle since he was one of my favourite Leafs.. but I'm not so fond of EHEC Kaberle, who has already lasted years beyond his best-before date.
I wasn't so fond of Kaberle and his mini stick during his stint with the Habs, but I found him very useful in EHEC. I entertained the though of trading him when I first got here, but his value proved to be very low. We were, after all, at the peak of the Hit-and-grind era. I decided to hold on to him, and he ended up giving me two great seasons. Among defensemen, he finished 17th in points in 2014-15 and currently ranks 32nd. The Coyotes will definitely miss him in the playoffs. Very bad timing...

I guess we'll just turn him into a Lecavalier-like superstar head coach as well.
Jets GM

Post by Jets GM »

AP21 (ARZ) wrote:
SharksGM wrote:I'll take the win and run, even if it was against a basement-dweller (no offense Chris) and even if the stupid Flames barely managed to keep the Kings to one point.

I guess we'll just turn him into a Lecavalier-like superstar head coach as well.
Vinny was my best player/captain; he is very deserving of his coaching attributes. The two were on different calibre levels entirely.

END ATI INJURIES! I'm not even asking for Vinny back, but this is our 3rd in 6 seasons. We have enough injuries without them; they are mindless and ruthless. I would like to see a vote or discussion on this in the off-season.
Most recent file here.

Return to “2015-16 EHEC Regular Season”